little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Arrow Really, honestly, ectomorphically can't gain weight? Read this.

A perfect diet every day which covers the required caloric intake and macronutrient breakdowns is the best solution for those who really can't gain weight no matter how much they "seem" to eat. But for some (not including me), this just isn't plausible. Some people just don't have the time and dedication (to make that time available) and discipline that it takes to have a great diet.

Obviously you get out what you put in so I'm not promising the best results with this. Not *all* of your gains will be muscle (not that they ever are), but if you really want to put on weight, then give it a go, ONLY if you've tried having a proper diet and given it an honest go. I know I'm ranting but I don't want people to a) do this instead of trying a proper diet, b) criticise/neg rep me for "giving bad advice", when it's clearly a last resort plan.

Ok, this is pretty basic, I guess it could be considered a quick and dirt bulky (not as dirty as junk food though). One last thing, I wouldn't do this if you're not an ectomorph or have a decent metabolism...don't want anyone getting fat! Go out and buy a tub of weight gain powder, make sure it has atleast ~300cal per serving. Get yourself a decent sized bottle, I'm not sure about america but in Australia we have cordial in 2litre bottles that you can reuse.

Put the following ingredients in to the bottle first thing in the morning:

- 3 servings (as per the container instructions) of weight gain powder
    - 4.5cups/milk (I'd say go with lite milk)
    - 6 tbs flax seed oil
    - 6 tbs yoghurt

Shake it all up so it's nice and mixed. This will all add up to 2800-3000 calories. Now have a normal breakfast, some eggs and toast or whatever, keep all your food meals clean unless you have no other choice. Have something for lunch, like sandwiches, and have a good dinner, such as steak or chicken etc, just use common sense. All throughout the day, drink your super weight gain shake. Try to make it last all day so you have some to drink preworkout, during workout if you want, pre-bed etc. As long as you've finished it all before you go to bed. Do this every day and I garuntee you will gain weight, given some will be fat, but there will also be muscle. Don't worry about saying goodbye to your abs, you can have a reunion with them come summer time if you cut.

Again, use common sense when it comes to fat gain, anyone can tell if they're putting on too much fat. Along with this, make sure you're working out HARD in the gym, use perfect form all the time.

I think that's about it, no doubt I will get some bad responses to this but bare in mind, I'm only suggesting this for those who are really desperate and have tried everything else, I know what it's like to be the skinniest kid in school, it's not fun. This can get a bit expensive for the ingredients too.

Anyway...good luck ectos! Hopefully you won't need to do this and you can have a proper diet because trust me that is MUCH better.
    Last edited by little0z; 02-20-2005 at 06:05 AM.

s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Where's Collin Powel? Just kiddin' man. Lol

Edit: I found him
    Attached Images
    Last edited by s0m30n3; 02-20-2005 at 06:33 AM.
    Weight:210pounds
    Height:6'
    BF:18%
    Currently: still bulking
    Goal: 8%BF and a bodyweight of 200 pounds
    Always look at the bright side of training.

Registered User akomabutisakama's Avatar
    akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ecto morph is just an excuse in my opinion. you become one from eating little all your life i could have been considered an ecto, endo and meso throughtout my like any one can change what they are
    15 y/o
    height 5'6

Scivation Primaforce 12 week transformation contest
    http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608609

little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little0z is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by s0m30n3
    Where's Collin Powel? Just kiddin' man. Lol

Edit: I found him
    Haha yeah I thought some might find it a bit long

aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by akomabutisakama
    ecto morph is just an excuse in my opinion. you become one from eating little all your life i could have been considered an ecto, endo and meso throughtout my like any one can change what they are
    bump.. same with endo's.. they make it as an excuse that they can't lose weight.
    "OBSESSED" is the word lazy people use to describe the "DEDICATED."

Hmmm I guess this is somewhat true, replace the word "ectomorphs" with "people with high metabolisms" then, surely you believe they exist?

metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its alot easier said then done.

s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100) s0m30n3 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by little0z
    Haha yeah I thought some might find it a bit long
    Haha lol, good article though.
    Weight:210pounds
    Height:6'
    BF:18%
    Currently: still bulking
    Goal: 8%BF and a bodyweight of 200 pounds
    Always look at the bright side of training.

mozzarenium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mozzarenium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mozzarenium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mozzarenium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mozzarenium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah as someone said being ecto is just an excuse. get in the gym bust your a$$ and eat correctly. im supposedly an ecto but i started training at a weight of 77lb and im now at 156lb.

Originally Posted by mozzarenium
    yeah as someone said being ecto is just an excuse. get in the gym bust your a$$ and eat correctly. im supposedly an ecto but i started training at a weight of 77lb and im now at 156lb.
    77lb?! damn...good work on the gains!

This is Absolution! AmateurWrestler's Avatar
    AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000)

That isn't true. Much of it depends on a persons bone structure and metabolism, so it is much harder for some to gain compared to others. I do completely agree that many people use it as an excuse not to work hard though. Anyone who works their ass off in the gym of normal health, regardless of bodytype, will have an impressive physique in (much) time.
    "Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom."

- Viktor Frankl, Austrian Psychiatrist and survivor of a Nazi concentration camp

"Nothing can resist the human will that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."

- Benjamin Disraeli

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    'hardgainer' is just an excuse. Most 'hardgainers' that do eat a good amount of calories (which isn't hard if you bother to educate yourself) pretty much gain LBM and little fat...which IMO is an upside. chugging down shakes all day without putting on fat...woooo hard bb'ing life.
    Last edited by IGF; 02-22-2005 at 03:35 AM.

Originally Posted by IGF
    'hardgainer' is just an excuse. Most 'hardgainers' that do eat a good amount of calories (which isn't hard if you bother to educate yourself) pretty much gain LBM and little fat...which IMO is an upside. chugging down shakes all day without putting on fat...woooo hard bb'ing life.
    hehe exactly that's why I aimed my original post at them...basically just a way to ensure caloric requirements are met...and they can get away with doing it that way!

msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclfrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hat when peole say they're a hard gainer. Isay , no your a lazy a**

veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10) veero is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by msclfrk
    I hat when peole say they're a hard gainer. Isay , no your a lazy a**
    not true, i eat heaps... my weight hasnt increased since i started wrking out, if it has only about 2\3kgs

my bench press max however has gone from 95lb to 185lb.... so wat gives ??

i weigh about 132lb by the way :P
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3136877#post3136877

Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shatter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Three words... Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, maybe they can do something with you.

tuned_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really do believe in ecto-, endo- and mesomorph bodytypes. I am a meso-/endomorph type, and its really hard for me to loose weight/bodyfat. I've been cutting for 8 weeks now and I lost about 5lbs, even though I ate 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I work out 4-5 times a week... so for me, they exist

Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel_Fella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

thats true...i agree 100%
    Height: 6'2"
    Max bench: 235lbs (225x2)
    Max squat: 310x6
    Weight:166lbs
    Body fat: 7%

GOALS: by June

Max bench: 250lbs
    Max squat: 370x10
    Weight: 175
    Body fat: 8%-9%

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I wouldn't really call a person who labels themself a 'hard gainer' lazy more that they just need to learn about how satiety works. Feeling full and getting a lot of calories in are barely related at all

E.G.
    - Eating a giant bowl of lettuce will fill you up
    - Eating a giant bowl of pasta will fill you up

Which has more calories

BTW though..the most calorie dense foods are oats, chicken (or whey if you want to include that as a food) and obviously olive oil/flax oil are the most calorie dense fat sources.

I guess impatience might play a part too. "I've been bulking for 3 weeks now and I'm still small...I guess I'm just a hardgainer *gives up on life*"...all things that are learnt with time...

Originally Posted by tuned_me
    I really do believe in ecto-, endo- and mesomorph bodytypes. I am a meso-/endomorph type, and its really hard for me to loose weight/bodyfat. I've been cutting for 8 weeks now and I lost about 5lbs, even though I ate 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I work out 4-5 times a week... so for me, they exist
    1000-1200 is starvation - not the best way to lose fat. if you lsot 5lbs of fat that would be quite noticeable but it doesn't sound like it at all.