mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100)

am i the only one that uses reverse-grip curls for triceps?

my question is whether a reverse-grip curl (say with an EZ-Bar) works your triceps. i incorporate them when work triceps and it gives me one heck of a burn in the long head of my triceps. my main argument is that, on this site, reverse-grip curls are listed as working the forearms.......am i really the only one that uses these to work my triceps?

brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I could see a reverse grip skull crusher working the triceps, AND living up to its name....sounds like something willie coyote would do. As to them working your triceps, maybe you are tensing to keep your arm in place? They are designed to work the brachial radialis muscle that one on the forarm/arm junction (top), and also brachalis (spelling) which is hidden under the bicep....give the arm thickness from the front. If they develop your tri's run with it..but that is my two cents

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mt.trapezius
    my question is whether a reverse-grip curl (say with an EZ-Bar) works your triceps. i incorporate them when work triceps and it gives me one heck of a burn in the long head of my triceps. my main argument is that, on this site, reverse-grip curls are listed as working the forearms.......am i really the only one that uses these to work my triceps?
    If I had to guess I would say yeah.... it is a forearm/bicep excersise. the ony way it would hit your triceps is if you hung upside down... which I do not recommend.

TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    u must have pretty funky tris to feel it in them.
    Sig line can't be a novel

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i doubt you're going to ge tmuch from it. stop trying to re-invent the wheel
    <->

brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brakloes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ......I have a car with triangle hybrid wheels..it stops fast and doesnt need a parking break

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by brakloes
    ......I have a car with triangle hybrid wheels..it stops fast and doesnt need a parking break
    lol

are you really a cscs?
    <->

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do reverse grip skullcrushers (or, as $AJ insists, 'triceps extensions', as they are behind the head).

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Reverse curls for triceps?

And I thought I'd seen everything...

paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50) paingame will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by aiwass
    I do reverse grip skullcrushers (or, as $AJ insists, 'triceps extensions', as they are behind the head).
    i knew some one did them but i thought that was dd im not saying he also does tham though

Originally Posted by aiwass
    That would be an extension...do you really use a reverse grip? I should try that I can see how it would keep the hands in closer to the head. I always use a hand under grip when I do overhead extensions.

AJ yes I am a CSCS, got cards and eveything

Originally Posted by brakloes
    That would be an extension...do you really use a reverse grip? I should try that I can see how it would keep the hands in closer to the head. I always use a hand under grip when I do overhead extensions.

AJ yes I am a CSCS, got cards and eveything
    coo.

myself, i think you'd have to be pretty stupid to use a reverse grip on extensions that's just an accident waiting to happen.
    <->

Registered User ohiobowhunter75's Avatar
    ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ohiobowhunter75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They are correct,reverse curls stress the supinator muscles in conjunction with the brachialis of the upper arm.Secondary stress is to the biceps.

Work_Smarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on this one. I've never heard of it for a tricept exercise.

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Work_Smarter
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on this one. I've never heard of it for a tricept exercise.
    I didn't know I had a "tricept." lol

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by johnsbod
    I didn't know I had a "tricept." lol
    yep everyone has them... they are that small muscle that connects your quadrangles to your trapazoids....lol.. j/k

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

I have a sneaky suspicion you mean BICEPS, and that you feel reverse curls in the long head of your BICEPS, not just your forearms.

Reverse curls do work the long head (outer) part of your biceps.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    your tris would be stabilising and nothing more, pump u feel is nothing.
    Doing them reverse grip altogether on a pushdown, now THAT works
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're probably getting a burn more from a stretch and stabilization than anything. If you're gonna do reverse grip anything for tris make it reverse grip tricep extensions or pressdowns.
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts

Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the only thing any form of a curl would do for the triceps is stretch them. Its impossible for a curl to work your triceps.

mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100) mt.trapezius is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1
    I have a sneaky suspicion you mean BICEPS, and that you feel reverse curls in the long head of your BICEPS, not just your forearms.

Reverse curls do work the long head (outer) part of your biceps.

that may be so.....but whatever i'm doing, i feel in what i had always thought was the long head of your triceps ( the part on the back of your brachii that , in my case burns, and starts just above the elbow and extends upward for about 5-6 inches). is this really your 2nd head of your biceps?

Originally Posted by xjmox14x
    the only thing any form of a curl would do for the triceps is stretch them. Its impossible for a curl to work your triceps.

hmmm.....you have a point!!! never realized that 'till just now! (i forgot all the crap my anatomy class taught me, but it is a "rectus"/straightening muscle and therefore, "its impossible for a curl to work your triceps."

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that may be so.....but whatever i'm doing, i feel in what i had always thought was the long head of your triceps ( the part on the back of your brachii that , in my case burns, and starts just above the elbow and extends upward for about 5-6 inches). is this really your 2nd head of your biceps?
    If it is in FRONT of the upper arm bone, it is the long head of the biceps or the brachialis.

The long head of the triceps is in BACK of the upper arm bone, from the rear shoulder down the elbow.