Registered User Skaterpunk92988's Avatar
    Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Strained Forearm

I believe i strained my forearms, both of them...wrist on my right hand a little bit. I ice them after every work out but they still seem to hurt. How long does it take to heal them and what was i doing wrong to get it? Bad form? too heavy weights? working too hard?

sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Skaterpunk92988
    I believe i strained my forearms, both of them...wrist on my right hand a little bit. I ice them after every work out but they still seem to hurt. How long does it take to heal them and what was i doing wrong to get it? Bad form? too heavy weights? working too hard?

Were you doin curls when you injured them?

Registered User Skaterpunk92988's Avatar
    Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Skaterpunk92988 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes

on barbells...it just started hurting one day and its been hurting for about a week now...really sharp pain

sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sciff5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try relaxing your grip. Remember your not chokin the chicken here your pumpin iron and contrary to popular belief you should use the lightest grip possible when doing curls. Try lightening it up a bit and chances are you will find less strain in your forearms and more of a pump in your biceps. Try it out and get back to me. I just gave this same advise to another guy yesterday and he got back to me this morning telling me how much of a difference it made. You should also wrap that wrist (the one which is painfull)to take some stress off of it. Try this stuff out and get back to me.

Good luck

-Josh

P.S. also try streatching your forearms out after their warmed up

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sciff5
    Try relaxing your grip. Remember your not chokin the chicken here your pumpin iron and contrary to popular belief you should use the lightest grip possible when doing curls. Try lightening it up a bit and chances are you will find less strain in your forearms and more of a pump in your biceps. Try it out and get back to me. I just gave this same advise to another guy yesterday and he got back to me this morning telling me how much of a difference it made. You should also wrap that wrist (the one which is painfull)to take some stress off of it. Try this stuff out and get back to me.

Good luck

-Josh

P.S. also try streatching your forearms out after their warmed up
    Good advice, they are bicep curls not forearm curls.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.