Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)

whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is " keto"
    I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    saved awesome
    Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results

-"Command And Conquer" -

Toonafishman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ketosis

That goes against everything they taught us in nutrition class.

JL_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JL_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting Keto to bulk & lose BF.. I wanna know if I'm going about it the right way.

I've been reading up on Keto for the past 3 days. Today I came across you need dextrose and malodextrin, to spike up your GI for PWO. Is this a must/true? My post work out has always been a shake, yesterday it was 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey with peanut butter. And after was two scoops ON 100% Whey with 8 oz water. Should I fix this? Thanks.

I've started keto at least I think.
    Yesterday's menu
    Meal 1 - Egg and 1 slice ff american cheese omlet ( 4 whites 2 whole eggs) 1 mozz cheese stick 330 cal/46 g Pro/ 4 G carbs 1 Omega 3 gel capsul

Meal 2 - 1 scoop chocolate ON 100% Whey with 1tbsp skippy 8 oz FF Milk( Ate the other tbsp right out of the spoon) 400 cal/39 g Pro/23 g Cab/ 140 calories from fat

Gym an hr later for an hr.

Meal 3- 2 Scoops 100% Whey with 8 oz water 260 cal/ 48 g Pro/ 6 Carb

Meal 4 - 2 3 oz grilled chicken breasts with @ 1 tbsp olive oil with a melted mozzerella cheese stick, about 2/3 cup broccoli
    370 cal/ 42 g Pro/155 cals from fat/ 1 g carbs from the cheese

Meal 5 - 6 oz Ribs with Light Kraft BBQ Sauce
    600 cal/37.2 g Pro/ @ 50.2 g from fat./ o carb

Mela 6- 1 4 oz 2% milk cottage cheese
    90 cals/ 11 g Pro/6 g carb/20 cals from fat

I drank water with all these meals...
    Please update if I'm on the right track and what I need to fix.

mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattogus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey, in response to your post...
    I think you should add more complex carbs into both of the meals before (especially the meal right before) your workout.

i know ur going for that cut... but yea. just my opinion..

KeepUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Toonafishman View Post
    That goes against everything they taught us in nutrition class.
    So true lol.

lovinliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovinliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovinliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

keto question

""I've been reading up on Keto for the past 3 days. Today I came across you need dextrose and malodextrin, to spike up your GI for PWO. Is this a must/true? My post work out has always been a shake, yesterday it was 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey with peanut butter. And after was two scoops ON 100% Whey with 8 oz water. Should I fix this? Thanks."""

here you go bro....
    ----Keto doesnt mean "no carbs", just low enough carbs to stay in ketosis. Usually a breakfast serving and a post workout serving are all the carbs necessary. So yes, it is a must, to spike your insulin, not only to regulate glycogen stores, but to ward off catabalism. As for the peanut butter with your PWO shake, PB is good, but fats have no business in your preworkout or postworkout meal. They are better at night with very low carb meals, and a great addition to one of your earlier meals as well.

bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)

trying keto but the number...

I just started keto diet(fat, protein and lots of vegies, less than 20g of carbo), and it's been 6 days now and one more day to go for carbo upload(according to what I read).
    After that I am supposed to go 3 days keto diet and one day carbo up, and 2 days keto diet and one carbo up day(to make a long story short).

Today, I measured my ketone level with blood(not urine), and it says 2.0mmol/L. That is perfectly normal range of ketone according what I found about ketone level in your body.

So? I am wondering what is going on? Or what went wrong? Or any comment on that? I am sick of fat/protein diet and I do miss fruits.
    I did watch vegies I ate(that with less carbo, mostly green leaves), and most of fat were from nuts(walnut, almond, and sun flower seed), and ate little bit of beef and lots of fishes, and some cheeze.

Hello! It's disappointing to say the least, if it is not working... I am not in what is called ketosis(when body fat burns instead of carbo or glucose)?

I think i will end the first week of ketone diet as of tomorrow, because i am sick of fat and protein diet and I do miss fruits, and spaghetti. I might try another week of ketone diet later to put me into ketosis, right?

Any comment I would appreciate.

ir0m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Keto experiment

Just to let you know that I am starting a keto diet and logging my progress at http://cyclic-ketogenic-diet.blogspot.com.
    Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnSheSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    someone needs to start a thread on their results in doing this.

FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes DamnSheSwole... you should. With a name like that, you'd get a LOT of attention... ;-p

fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit2be40 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Keto by accident for Women

So I picked up the May/Jun 2008 issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers and found several different low-carb diet articles. Of these I came up with three that closely matched Keto diets. I found 'Snack Smart', 'Power Couples' and 'Timing is Everything' compliment Keto strategies. Keep in mind these articles target women but could be applied using same principles at higher caloric intakes. Articles are available at http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/.../newissue.html.

If link fails then use the Hers Online search engine.
    Life begins when you live it! Dream big, train hard and stay true.

Lobo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just as a note that I've found to help out with worries about too much carbs, esp in a PWO shake..........

I've upped my intake with BCAA's over the past few months, to help out with my high volume routines and with my EDT routines. I'm now following a protocol wich seems to be of GREAT help for me at least, taking in 20 grams of BCAA's DURING my workout, sipping with water.

From what I've learned and read, taking that much BCAA's during (20g) and after (another 10g PWO) will be sufficient to boost an insulin response, seeing as the BCAmino "L-Luciene" is enough to do this job on its own.
    I used to just use a scoop of Gatorade powder (31grams of Carb) to my PWO shake, but being as I am very carb sensitive, I have to watch every gram I get. I've switched to this BCAA protocol and it lets me have more room incase I find to have some carbs throughout the day, (this is a big concern since I workout first thing in the morning and have a bit of trouble keeping away from extra carbs 100% during the other 14 hours + I'm awake in the day lol.

Its just a little detail, but some could benifit, IF you are that carb sensitive like I am........ HELL, even LOOKING at a picture of a plate of pasta, and I'm out of Ketosis!! Every little bit can help............
    "Scaring away the weak and timid since 1970"

jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    idk..but i read somewhere the l leucine is a keto amino acid...and that it helps u get into keto faster..

Lobo69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, it deffo helps.......its been proven in the past few months with recent studies that L-Leucine helps with insulin sensitivity. Other "tricks" include having a tablespoon of cinnamon with meals AND a tablespoon or two of organic apple cidar vinegar with everymeal helps that as well. Leucine taken with protein meals helps more with the protein synthesis and the body obsorbing more of the protein and not the other nutrients, (or carbs), floating around the body. Although, they recommend taking about 5 grams of pure Leucine with everymeal which can of course get costly. I just take extra BCAA's and seems to help alittle............
    "Scaring away the weak and timid since 1970"

eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JL_1 View Post
    I've been reading up on Keto for the past 3 days. Today I came across you need dextrose and malodextrin, to spike up your GI for PWO. Is this a must/true? My post work out has always been a shake, yesterday it was 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey with peanut butter. And after was two scoops ON 100% Whey with 8 oz water. Should I fix this? Thanks.

I've started keto at least I think.
    Yesterday's menu
    Meal 1 - Egg and 1 slice ff american cheese omlet ( 4 whites 2 whole eggs) 1 mozz cheese stick 330 cal/46 g Pro/ 4 G carbs 1 Omega 3 gel capsul

Meal 2 - 1 scoop chocolate ON 100% Whey with 1tbsp skippy 8 oz FF Milk( Ate the other tbsp right out of the spoon) 400 cal/39 g Pro/23 g Cab/ 140 calories from fat

Gym an hr later for an hr.

Meal 3- 2 Scoops 100% Whey with 8 oz water 260 cal/ 48 g Pro/ 6 Carb

Meal 4 - 2 3 oz grilled chicken breasts with @ 1 tbsp olive oil with a melted mozzerella cheese stick, about 2/3 cup broccoli
    370 cal/ 42 g Pro/155 cals from fat/ 1 g carbs from the cheese

Meal 5 - 6 oz Ribs with Light Kraft BBQ Sauce
    600 cal/37.2 g Pro/ @ 50.2 g from fat./ o carb

Mela 6- 1 4 oz 2% milk cottage cheese
    90 cals/ 11 g Pro/6 g carb/20 cals from fat

I drank water with all these meals...
    Please update if I'm on the right track and what I need to fix.

Your diet looks good. I would probadly take out the ch. milk, due to it having lactose which is a type of milk sugar. Good luck

chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why?

Ok firstly, I am not out to criticise the folks that use this diet.It's just I dont understand why bodybuilders would use this diet. I have read lots of these threads that say there is more and more evidence that this is a good diet, and I don't understand where this thinking comes from. Countless sports scientists all over the world have long concluded that a high fat diet is detrimental to performance. The ketone diet was designed to treat kids with epilepsy, which I am sure most bodybuilders dont have. Also there is such a high risk of cardiovascular disease with high fat diets. Here is the adverse effects from wikipedia alone :

Adverse effects

The ketogenic diet is not a benign holistic or natural treatment for epilepsy; as with any serious medical therapy, there may be complications. These are generally less severe and less frequent than with anticonvulsant medication or surgery.[29] Common but easily treatable side effects include constipation, lack of appropriate weight gain for age, low-grade acidosis, and hypoglycaemia if there is an initial fast. Cholesterol may increase by around 30%.[29]

About 1 in 20 children on the ketogenic diet will develop kidney stones (compared with 1 in several thousand for the general population). A class of anticonvulsants known as carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (topiramate, zonisamide) are known to increase the risk of kidney stones, but the combination of these anticonvulsants and the ketogenic diet does not appear to elevate that risk.[30] The stones are treatable and do not lead to discontinuation of the diet. Oral potassium citrate is preventative and has no clear disadvantages; its routine use is under investigation.[30] Kidney stone formation (nephrolithiasis) occurs on the diet for four reasons.[30]

* Excess calcium in the urine (hypercalciuria) occurs due to increased bone demineralisation with acidosis (bone phosphate acts as an acid buffer) as well as increased calcium excretion by the kidney.
    * There is an abnormally low concentration of citrate in the urine (hypocitraturia), which normally helps to dissolve free calcium.
    * The urine has a low pH, which stops uric acid from dissolving, leading to crystals that act as a nidus for calcium stone formation.
    * Many institutions restrict fluids on the diet to 80% of normal daily needs.

For me it just poses far too many risks that far outway any benefits that it may give. Let me know your thoughts.

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wikipedia... hm, not exactly the most reliable source to be getting your nutritional information from. considering anyone can write whatever they want on there with the push of a button.
    keto is for lovers.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113568721

chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chr15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jecristragedy View Post
    wikipedia... hm, not exactly the most reliable source to be getting your nutritional information from. considering anyone can write whatever they want on there with the push of a button.
    that was my point, even a website that doesnt specialise in the information and therfore is unbiased, still had lots of bad things about it. and the information cannot be put on at the push of a button, it is screened for reliablilty as well.

so where do you get your "nutritional infortmation" from?

mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvillanueva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chr15 View Post
    that was my point, even a website that doesnt specialise in the information and therfore is unbiased, still had lots of bad things about it. and the information cannot be put on at the push of a button, it is screened for reliablilty as well.

so where do you get your "nutritional infortmation" from?
    Well anyone CAN write to wiki and obivously it can be VERY biased for that reason alone! Haven't you ever noticed a lot of "information" on wiki states its still looking for reliable sources to confirm said "information" Wiki can be a decent (at best) source for generalized non scientific data.......Its about as reliable as The Enquirer when you want news about the economy.

Originally Posted by mvillanueva View Post
    Well anyone CAN write to wiki and obivously it can be VERY biased for that reason alone! Haven't you ever noticed a lot of "information" on wiki states its still looking for reliable sources to confirm said "information" Wiki can be a decent (at best) source for generalized non scientific data.......Its about as reliable as The Enquirer when you want news about the economy.
    well thanks for the info on wikipedia, however since i posted that I have been searching scientific imperial reviewed research on the ketone diet. It seems that there is no argument it has positive effects for people suffering from elipsey, and various other neurological diseases. However, it is proven to increase the cholestorol in the body up to 80% (varies depending on what percentage of fat intake is saturated) which is extremely dangerous. The diet was designed for mental illness sufferers, not bodybuilders or athletes, as it is unhealthy for the cardiovascular system. But thats up to each individual, I was just wanting some unbiased information, and what I got was a bashing of wikipedia, so its nice to know you care more about whether wikipedia is a good source of information than your diet.

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    guy on this forum just posted his blood work after 1.5 years on keto.

might want to check that out. i dont think his blood is biased. however, i think it may be happier now that his levels are better.
    keto is for lovers.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113568721

rya_08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard keto has a lot of benefits plus it doesn't have any side effects.

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey I got a question. Can we count carbs only as net carbs? May I eat wheat bran (6 g fiber, 1 net carb per serving) with peanut butter to keep everything running right down there?

kuvabild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7amad123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

An introduction to Ketogenic Diet or an advice.

Originally developed as a treatment option for epilepsy, the ketogenic diet was found to offer weight loss results and so was formalised into a more mainstream diet plan format.
    The ketogenic diet promotes the consumption of high fat, low carbohydrate and low proteins. By restricting certain foods and drinks, the ketogenic diet allows ketosis to occur within the body.
    Ketosis is the build up of ketone bodies within body tissues and fluids. Ketosis caused by the ketogenic diet forces the body to burn fat rather than sugar to release the body's vital energy. This burning of fat results in weight loss.

This is not a healthy eating plan and should only be used as a treatment for obesity and by extremely overweight people (with a BMI of 27+). Restricting certain foodstuffs for a prolonged period can result in nutrient deficiency diseases like beriberi, scurvy, anaemia, rickets and osteoporosis. It is essential, when following this plan, to take vitamin and mineral supplements to counteract these negative effects.

bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 7amad123 View Post
    Originally developed as a treatment option for epilepsy, the ketogenic diet was found to offer weight loss results and so was formalised into a more mainstream diet plan format.
    The ketogenic diet promotes the consumption of high fat, low carbohydrate and low proteins. By restricting certain foods and drinks, the ketogenic diet allows ketosis to occur within the body.
    Ketosis is the build up of ketone bodies within body tissues and fluids. Ketosis caused by the ketogenic diet forces the body to burn fat rather than sugar to release the body's vital energy. This burning of fat results in weight loss.

This is not a healthy eating plan and should only be used as a treatment for obesity and by extremely overweight people (with a BMI of 27+). Restricting certain foodstuffs for a prolonged period can result in nutrient deficiency diseases like beriberi, scurvy, anaemia, rickets and osteoporosis. It is essential, when following this plan, to take vitamin and mineral supplements to counteract these negative effects.
    I agree with the need to be taking vitamins and supplements to make up for any nutritional deficiencies but the statement that this diet is not a healthy eating plan is absurd and I would challenge you to provide substantiated facts to support this.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 7amad123 View Post
    Restricting certain foodstuffs for a prolonged period can result in nutrient deficiency diseases like beriberi, scurvy, anaemia, rickets and osteoporosis. It is essential, when following this plan, to take vitamin and mineral supplements to counteract these negative effects.
    Restricting which food will cause these diseases?

I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to take a look at the CKD and TKD diet before accusing ketoers they're restricting anything. Both diets offer large amounts of carbs, it's the when the carbs are consumed that count.

Originally Posted by bxxpeace View Post
    I agree with the need to be taking vitamins and supplements to make up for any nutritional deficiencies but the statement that this diet is not a healthy eating plan is absurd and I would challenge you to provide substantiated facts to support this.

agreed.

People see high fat and jump to a lot of conclusions before reading and researching what it's about.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

RipPeD-InDiAn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im king of new to keto (3rd day on this diet)I'll give a example of what I eat tell me if im doing it right or wrong please.
    Meal 1: 8am: 20 grams protein 1 and a half spoon walnut oil

Meal 2: 10:30/11: 3 whole eggs 2 cheese strings grated(10g fat) and broccoli in the omelette

Meal 3: 1pm:chicken thigh with handufl of almonds some brocolli

Meal 4: 4pm: same as meal 2

Meal 5:6:30 or 7 pm: Chicken breast broccolli and 2 tbsp of EFA oil (28g fat)

Meal 6 9:30/10 pm: same as meal 5 or meal 1