newbietee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbietee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Advices, 5 month bb

Hi, I've been bodybuilding for 6 months now. But serious bulking started 3 months ago. I ate a lot, worked goddamn hard and rested a lot.

Started off with: 154 pounds - 13% BF
    Now: 171 pounds - 14.6% BF

I clearly got some fat mass but I fit into my pants. My waist is still rather thin. My muscles are way bigger, I can say and people tell me that too.

I'm on ON 100% Whey Protein, Animal Pak, fish oil, Green Mag creatine.

I'm planning to go on bulking for 2 more weeks, then I'll cut for 2 weeks to be ready for school. Advices?

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to be cut start now you won't make too much progress in only 2 weeks unless you do something drastic.

other than that great gains for 6 months thats impressive.
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000) xxraffyxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Id continue bulking just because you still need more mass....but since your doing this for school and its 4 weeks from now, start cutting. First week you might lose 3-5 lbs but after that try and keep it to no more then 2 lbs a week.

newbietee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbietee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Any more advices? Opinions? Thanks.

cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cbat28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You look good.

I'd say bulk until early spring '08 and then cut for the summer. You can add a lot more size and the cut will bring out a lot of vascularity.

New pic comin..
    Last edited by newbietee; 08-14-2007 at 04:21 AM.

New pic and new questions:

1) First of all, you said cut would bring vascularity. Are you really sure about that? Do I look like that type of body? Because I've never had a vessel pop out in my life. Not on my biceps, not even on my forearm. But I'd really love to see some vascularity.

2) I think I've decided to bulk the hell until spring '08. But to gain some serious mass I haven't touched a treadmill for 3 months. By "bulking", do you mean I should continue with no cardio? Generally, it's said cardio=muscle loss. That's why I've been away from it.

Thanks for answers.

papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by newbietee View Post
    New pic and new questions:

1) First of all, you said cut would bring vascularity. Are you really sure about that? Do I look like that type of body? Because I've never had a vessel pop out in my life. Not on my biceps, not even on my forearm. But I'd really love to see some vascularity.

2) I think I've decided to bulk the hell until spring '08. But to gain some serious mass I haven't touched a treadmill for 3 months. By "bulking", do you mean I should continue with no cardio? Generally, it's said cardio=muscle loss. That's why I've been away from it.

Thanks for answers.
    1. I felt the exact same way. For me the veins did come with time. By time, I mean a greater ratio of lbm to fat than what you are at currently and all of the hard work to get to that better ratio.

2. When you say, bulk the hell, be careful. (don't use it as an excuse to eat like ****) You can only gain .25 to .5 pounds of muscle per week. (this however doesn't account for glyocen storage and water retention). A couple pounds per month ideally would be great (I shoot for 2-5), but don't overdo it. If the scale starts to shoot up a little too fast, re-evaluate your diet, and consider a few options.

- I carb cycle while putting on mass, and my overall weight gain is slow and steady, but definition and my lifting numbers keep getting better and better. I do this so when I will cut next spring, I can save myself a couple of weeks of cutting, and still look comparitivley good while "bulking". I personally keep weight training days high, off days low to med, and have one no carb day.

- Not all cardio is evil (muscle destroying). HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) offers a great thermogenic boost and spares muscle. Plus, it doesn't take very long to perform. I hope you don't mind getting your ass kicked though.

- Albiet the scale can be a useful tool, bodyfat and mirrors are the best way to keep your progress in check. (and your pants from breaking at the seams) Use all the tools in tandem to keep your progress and goals in line.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot. I'd be glad to hear more advices.

Lift, eat, sleep, repeat! Xetenor's Avatar
    Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

One thing you have to always remember bro is that you need a lot of patience in the world of bodybuilding. Never look at the time and say oh I want to look like this in 1 year. Rather, go at a pace where you do things right and the results WILL come as long as you're dedicated, willing to push yourself everytime you're at the time, and having no excuses to slack off on your workout and diet. Make sure you always give your body a good amount of rest everyday. That means try to sleep above 7 hours every night bro. Hit the weights hard. Try to do light weights one week and heavy weights the other.
    Everyday I'm in pain; good pain. If one cannot go through this pain period, forget it.