RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Foot placement on Leg Press?

Were should Ur feet be placed? My feet normally face out a little when doing squats. I have tried different variances of how close or wide my stance is.
    Is this beneficial. Oh and I try and keep a full ROM as best as I can.

Oh and yes I know Squats are the King but my I am a beginner and my legs seem to be weak even squating in a smith machine

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Any leg compound, the wider your stance the more glutes and less quads. When using a wide stance feet should face out a bit to keep knees in a natural position.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The lower and closer you place your feet, the more the quads are worked.

The higher and wider you place your feet, the more the hamstrings and glutes are worked.

Personally I use something right in the middle.

RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff
    The lower and closer you place your feet, the more the quads are worked.

The higher and wider you place your feet, the more the hamstrings and glutes are worked.

Personally I use something right in the middle.
    Would U say it's BENEFICIAL to hit both or are the QUADS more important?
    I would think both, right?

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RYU23
    I don't realy care about my ass, it's big enough. Quads, however, are never too big.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well it's important to work both if you're serious about bodybuilding.

It's really up to you. If your quads are a weak point then focus on them more, vica versa with hammies and glutes.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bignbuff
    Well it's important to work both if you're serious about bodybuilding.

It's really up to you. If your quads are a weak point then focus on them more, vica versa with hammies and glutes.

So could I just FOCUS on the hams with a close and low stance on the leg press to focus on the quads and not worry about the glutes.

By the way I follow this with Leg curls and Calf raises on my leg day.
    Would U recommend leg extensions to Pre-Exhaust the quads before the LEG press?

Oh and thanx guyz! Gave out Rep 4 the HELP!

So could I just FOCUS on the hams with a close and low stance on the leg press to focus on the quads and not worry about the glutes.

By the way I follow this with Leg curls and Calf raises on my leg day.
    Would U recommend leg extensions to Pre-Exhaust the quads before the LEG press?

Oh and thanx guyz! Gave out Rep 4 the HELP!
    Honestly, just continue to work your legs as a whole.

Use a happy medium for your feet on this exercise.

Yes that's fine to do leg curls and calf raises after this, that's actually what I do as well.

Of course you can do some leg extensions, but you better be doing SQUATS as well!

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Oh and yes I know Squats are the King but my I am a beginner and my legs seem to be weak even squating in a smith machine
    If you're a beginner that's even more reason to do squats. Don't squat on the Smith Machine, it will reinforce bad form. When you squat, the bar doesn't go in a straight vertical line like on the Smith Machine. Forget about how much weight you can squat and do them.

Originally Posted by johnsbod
    If you're a beginner that's even more reason to do squats. Don't squat on the Smith Machine, it will reinforce bad form. When you squat, the bar doesn't go in a straight vertical line like on the Smith Machine. Forget about how much weight you can squat and do them.
    yES but I don't want to injure myself.
    I thought maybe get my legs a little stronger than start squats with just the bar.

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yES but I don't want to injure myself.
    I thought maybe get my legs a little stronger than start squats with just the bar.
    I'm sure you're strong enough to do squats with just the bar now. Most bars are around 45 lbs. Start with the bar and work on form, slowly adding weight each week. Squats are the best mass builder for legs and also hit your abs and lower back pretty hard once you up the weight.

Thumbs up

I'm sure you're strong enough to do squats with just the bar now. Most bars are around 45 lbs. Start with the bar and work on form, slowly adding weight each week. Squats are the best mass builder for legs and also hit your abs and lower back pretty hard once you up the weight.
    WEll yesterday when I did legs I did the Leg Press working up my sets from 90lbs or two 45 plates to three 45 plates on each side. Then I put 2 45 plates on each side and banged out 2 sets of 15. And finally lifted 270lbs for 7 reps of good range of motion. I think I could have done more. I'm a beginner and didn't want to risk being stuck under the leg press.
    lol

I just thought cause when I did the Smith Machine Squat it felt weird. I'm gonna go ahead and just try with the 45 lb bar.
    But I have a fear of my legs buckling or not being able to get up or having bad form and throwing out my back...*sigh*
    Would it help if I used a BENCH to subsitute a box squat? that way I don't have to worry about not falling down?

I just thought cause when I did the Smith Machine Squat it felt weird.
    It will feel weird on the Smith Machine and you should not do squats with it, reason being the bar will not move with your body in the correct motion. Try squats with free weights and the movement will be much more natural. If you're doing that much weight on the leg press you can certainly handle squatting the bar.
    Last edited by johnsbod; 02-16-2005 at 01:13 PM.

Talking

It will feel weird on the Smith Machine and you should not do squats with it, reason being the bar will not move with your body in the correct motion. Try squats with free weights and the movement will be much more natural. If you're doing that much weight on the leg press you can certainly handle squatting the bar.
    Thanx. I guess I just need to overcome my fear and try it out. I'm gonna do it in a rack. Thanks for all Ur help bro!
    Gave U rep if that means anything!