Registered User SpAcEmAn Spliff's Avatar
    SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

new yorkers and middle eastern people

i find it hard to bring my own lunch to work, so i sometimes buy chicken & rice/lamb & rice from one of those middle eastern food carts (new yorkers will know what im talking about)

the lamb doesnt seem too healthy, but i feel like the chicken cant be that bad. might be high in sodium, and the rice might be overkill on carbs, but i gotta make do with what choices i have (other than that, theres chinese takeouts and delis)

what do you guys suggest?

droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) droxas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpAcEmAn Spliff View Post
    i find it hard to bring my own lunch to work
    What is preventing you from taking it everyday?

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lamb and rice is incredible.

That is all.

Registered User bida_talaga_ako's Avatar
    bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10) bida_talaga_ako is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just get the chicken and take out the skin and if your worried about the carbs in the rice just eat less of it

SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by droxas View Post
    What is preventing you from taking it everyday?
    id rather have those extra 20 minutes of sleep then make my own lunch. plus im all out of ideas and im tired of sandwiches everyday

warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) warrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make them the night before thats what I always did for collage. Tuna, Chicken just go with meats and you cant really go that far wrong and whole meal bread as always.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read my body builders grocery list there are plenty of protein sources you can choose from... how about a turkey sandwich or making some wraps? they are easy and portable.. maybe some hard boiled eggs will do the trick

also if ur in such a rush you can also take MRP shakes they work quite well, but its still better to get whle foods they are more nutriouts.. dont fall into the typical american diet of eating out because its more satisfying and time dependent.. im sure you can atke 10 minutes out of ur damn day to make up something healthy it doesnt take long, and im sure as hell it dont take 20 minutes to fire up a sandwich or some rice alone.. pack some fruits, maybe a shake, a sandwich, a wrap.. keep it easy and simple

XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try some Kebab with Humus, or chicken and Humus, they should also have some salad fattosh.

Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i find it hard to bring my own lunch to work, so i sometimes buy chicken & rice/lamb & rice from one of those middle eastern food carts (new yorkers will know what im talking about)

the lamb doesnt seem too healthy, but i feel like the chicken cant be that bad. might be high in sodium, and the rice might be overkill on carbs, but i gotta make do with what choices i have (other than that, theres chinese takeouts and delis)

Dude, I grew up in New York. I would never eat that crap. Avoid the food carts at all costs.

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
    Dude, I grew up in New York. I would never eat that crap. Avoid the food carts at all costs.
    That's really not true. Half of the workforce of NY feeds off of carts. There are a lot more kinds of food available to eaters beside "dirty water dogs" and kabobs.

And if you haven't heard - the health dept. will shut you down and murder you with fines if you get anyone sick, and they report it to the papers.

The carts with the longest lines usually have the best food!
    "That rare combination of good-for-nothing and up-to-something."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.asp

jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayknow05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by warrell View Post
    Make them the night before thats what I always did for collage. Tuna, Chicken just go with meats and you cant really go that far wrong and whole meal bread as always.
    lol Collage must not have been an english major.... but he is right sandwiches

Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dm84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by photobro View Post
    That's really not true. Half of the workforce of NY feeds off of carts. There are a lot more kinds of food available to eaters beside "dirty water dogs" and kabobs.
    Right. And half the workforce of NY is overweight or in poor health.

And if you haven't heard - the health dept. will shut you down and murder you with fines if you get anyone sick, and they report it to the papers.
    That's a little too late for the person who got sick.

The carts with the longest lines usually have the best food!
    It may taste good, but that doesn't make it good for you.

Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000) Dr Miscer is just really nice. (+1000)

yea i face the same problem. some of those halall carts are actually healthier than you might think, but i wouldn't eat it every day. stick to sandwiches from delis, and some delis have their own buffet table. chinese takeouts tend to not be too good though so stay away and eat in moderation.
    I rep back. Put your # of reps for reference.

-DR MISCER

liquid6908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    since were on the topic, have any of you that live in new york ever had "platters", the cart thats around 55th and 6th, and always has like a 50 person line? sooooo damn good- if you live in NYC and never tried it, do it. Tonight. Seriously.

JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ok now to OP...first let me say the best "gyro guy" is on 53rd and 6th next to the hilton...always at night a HUGE line...cause its the best, esp with the white sauce.

now as for it being healthy...it def is not. the halal food taste good but not nutrtitious... if you look, the rice is just cooked with so much oil that when u eat it, theres oil left on your plate...pretty gross. the lamb has alot of protein but fat as well. best bet is to try and find a cart with some lean grilled chicken, but its hard here in nyc.

trust me i LOVE gyro guy, but only on a weekend at 4am when it taste ridicliously good
    Here to help!

Originally Posted by JH34PG View Post
    ok now to OP...first let me say the best "gyro guy" is on 53rd and 6th next to the hilton...always at night a HUGE line...cause its the best, esp with the white sauce.

now as for it being healthy...it def is not. the halal food taste good but not nutrtitious... if you look, the rice is just cooked with so much oil that when u eat it, theres oil left on your plate...pretty gross. the lamb has alot of protein but fat as well. best bet is to try and find a cart with some lean grilled chicken, but its hard here in nyc.

trust me i LOVE gyro guy, but only on a weekend at 4am when it taste ridicliously good
    haha yea i know who youre talkin about. i get that everytime i go drinking lol. i believe its on 57th and 6th

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha yea i know who youre talkin about. i get that everytime i go drinking lol. i believe its on 57th and 6th
    haha where i go to school we have something similar to this.. we call him the "Hot Dog Guy" he comes out abuot 2 a.m. at a local supermarket and the line is absolutely huge.. prob 300-400 people lined up across a road drunk off their ass waiting to get deep fried hotdogs *yeah i did not stutter or mess up*.. this guy is like a legend.. i find it disgusting, but i guess when ur crushed.. its all good.. not too sure though how i feel about that

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JayinHK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're gonna eat from the carts, don't have 'em douse your food in sauce.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jayknow05 View Post
    lol Collage must not have been an english major.... but he is right sandwiches

Maybe English isn't is first language. What do you think ?!
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

http://nymag.com/news/features/35815/

"Awww son, you know that trying is just the first step towards failure."

soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) soniimamiiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    New York Cart food is FREAKING AMAZING... ESP the LAMB!! BUTTT not on an every day basis... definetaly not, I hadnt had that in a really long time until I went to NY for my birthday and had myself a small tray... my stomach was in pain for the entire night .. my birthday night sucked..

Anyway, its def high in sodium and fat... bad fats that white sauce is made from pure mayo.. I would definetaly suggest making your lunch the night before, your body will thank you for it given time..It doesnt take more than a few minutes to open up a can of tuna and mix in some flax seed oil and spices.. throw it in a container with some brown rice (make it in bulk when you have time and measure them out into containers) and a side salad...

Really it is possible.. anythings possible

luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most street food is unhealthy, but I've seen some kebab guys who have open fire grills on their carts - so they don't use oil on the grill (although they may put it on the meat - haven't st there and watched them cook). Straight grilled chicken or lamb over a flame is healthy, and lots of the vendors sell fruit and stuff as well...