joosauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Big arms + sick pack .. possible??

I'm a 19 year old college student who is very frustrated...I have been to both extremes.. Earlier in the year i ate like crazy (anything, not watching fats/sugars) and i gained a ton of weight (also taking cytogainer) I was doing strength training at the time and got good mass.. but my abs were non existent,despite doing lots of ab excersizes.

then after realizing my core was looking terrible, i started eating very healthy, strength workout, running 3 times a week, and taking protein after the workout. the problem here was that i was eating ENOUGH and with all the running my arms became very scrawny despite doing strength excersizes and taking protein after working out. The good part about this phase was my six pack looked better than ever.. like a runner-type look.

I'm really annoyed because i want to combine big arms with having a six pack and i dont see how its possible!!

The newest thing i'm trying is to eat my bodyweight in protein every day.. (with help of detour bars and lots of steak/chicken/turkey) and absolutely no fast foods (so eating alot but, alot of good stuff) I am also taking ON protein after my strength workouts, but not really running because i heard running decreases your arm size. So far i'm a few days into this new diet and i can see already my core is losing its definition, although my arms are getting bigger... which brings me back to square one... HOW DO I GET BIGGER ARMS WHILE KEEPING MY SIX PACK???

I layed out my attempts in a form easier on the eyes down here

First Attempt

Diet : Anything + Everything (even fast food ew)
    Workout: Strength
    Supplements: Cytogainer
    Result: Greater mass, terrible core

Second Attempt

Diet : Extremely Healthy.. Tons of veggies
    Workout: Strength and Cardio
    Supplements: Gold Standard Whey Protein
    Result: Smaller, weak looking mass, great core

Third Attempt (just started)

Diet: 150g Protein daily, no bad foods
    Workout: Strength
    Supplements: ON Whey Protein
    Results: Too early to tell, but starting to see flab in core..

Please tell me what i should do??!

Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tasp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Yeah, it's possible alright. Do a clean bulk, eat enough calories, but don't go overboard but definitely eat enough if you don't want to be losing size. And you might also want to keep your cardio to a minimum, because it might hinder your arm gains.

thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by li292 View Post

Yeah, it's possible alright. Do a clean bulk, eat enough calories, but don't go overboard but definitely eat enough if you don't want to be losing size. And you might also want to keep your cardio to a minimum, because it might hinder your arm gains.
    nuff said

bulk, cut, bulk, cut
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class" -Travis Ortmayer

zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxGriffin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up My College advice!

-----------------

Heres the layout man- Im heading to college as a freshman at 19 myself this fall on a plan:

1.) Make yourself a list: Nuts, Cans of Tuna, Granola, Jerky, - Mini-fridge you can store fruits- skim milks- yogurts- cottage cheese. Keep these things in your dormroom for easy access.

2.) Make a supplement list: Plenty of protein, creatine, casein, flax, fish oil, CLA- and what ever else fits your plan

3.) Do yourself a favor and try to skip the drinking for a month or two- 30-60 days or more- what ever fits your bulk or cut- diet/workout plan. Drinking hurts fatloss- creates fat storage. Stops protein synthesis in muscles. Hurts thinking and brain function. You tend to ruin your diet in 1 night of drinking heavy along with the bad food choices that come along with it.

4.) If you can try to make good choices in the cafeteria. Chickens, Fish, Beef, Scrambled eggs, Salad bar, yogurts, fruits, veggies. Measure some stuff so you can eyeball what ever you have in a cafeteria your life will be easier. They will do healthy choices for you. Just eat the right amount.

5.) Make sure you write out a solid workout plan and schedual times around your classes to hit the gym for lifting and then cardio. Or you could run in the morning and lift later in the day - and do even more cardio. But make a word or excell table - print several copys out that you can fill out every day- including a fillable food log- with a list of goals.

6.) If your trying to gain weight make sure you eat eat eat, clean, but eat a lot all day long. Take Casein every night before you goto sleep, and optional in the am when you wake up. Stick with a fast-digesting protein such as whey ( 100% ON Whey- Syntha-6 - Muscle Milk - Pro Complex)- Take one before your workout and absolutely take one after- so plan to have a bottle to store it in if your dorm isnt close. Also take your creatine pre-workout and if your loading post workout.

----

All in all you don't want to gain the wrong weight by partying all weekend/ or week for that matter. With the fluids and also the food that comes with it. Also the 2am pizza runs won't help. You have to be SUPER strict for a little while to reach your goals. So to gain mass- lots of protein- lots of calories- good fats- - just eat smart: It's tough to eat good in college unless you have an apartment. Then you can actually cook which may cost you a little more.
    "A goal is one that should make you One in a Million, Not One of a Million."

iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Of course dude...

Ok ,

zxGriffin thanks alot for the detailed reply..

I did the whole dorm thing last year so that wont be an issue with crap cafeteria food for my sophomore year...

Let me run my diet/workout plan by you guys right now and find out if its good and how long i should do it before i go for my cut phase

8 AM - cup of oatmeal (or cereal), 3 eggs
    11 AM - DETOUR protein bar (30g protein) less sugar flavor
    2 PM - Chicken breast or Turkey breast sandwich on whole wheat bread
    4 PM - Carrots
    5 PM - Apple or Banana (Pre workout)
    6 PM - Workout
    7 PM - ON Whey Protein shake
    8 PM - Steak or roast chicken

My Workout is

Day 1 - Chest/tris
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3 - Bis/back
    Day 4 - Shoulders/forearm
    Day 5 - break
    Day 6 - repeat Day 1

I do make an excel list with all my routines and take 1 minute breaks between sets .. to ensure that i'm sore the next day and hitting them hard.

what do you guys think of this?

bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000) bigshayet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like I said in an earlier thread about Abs

Become a Spartan...

Excellence is my presence IceMan13's Avatar
    IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceMan13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You definitely need to eat more. Add in nuts, peanut butter, fish, healthy oils, more veggies and fruits. Looks like you have them spaced out properly, but you need more. How much do you weigh?

150--5'11, i do try to mix in veggies with the sandwich at lunch time and i usually have a plate of steamed broccoli / salad. But your saying more?

coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coreanwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha u realize u wrote sick pack right? lol
    What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

mateenj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateenj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by li292 View Post
    aka STEROIDS

Thick as a Stick JimSkellington's Avatar
    JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSkellington is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol had to get in here when i saw name of thread...

Originally Posted by mateenj View Post
    aka STEROIDS
    ...problem solved, jk but i like zxGriffin's advice.

dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joosauce View Post
    zxGriffin thanks alot for the detailed reply..

I did the whole dorm thing last year so that wont be an issue with crap cafeteria food for my sophomore year...

Let me run my diet/workout plan by you guys right now and find out if its good and how long i should do it before i go for my cut phase

8 AM - cup of oatmeal (or cereal), 3 eggs
    11 AM - DETOUR protein bar (30g protein) less sugar flavor
    2 PM - Chicken breast or Turkey breast sandwich on whole wheat bread
    4 PM - Carrots
    5 PM - Apple or Banana (Pre workout)
    6 PM - Workout
    7 PM - ON Whey Protein shake
    8 PM - Steak or roast chicken

My Workout is

Day 1 - Chest/tris
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3 - Bis/back
    Day 4 - Shoulders/forearm
    Day 5 - break
    Day 6 - repeat Day 1

I do make an excel list with all my routines and take 1 minute breaks between sets .. to ensure that i'm sore the next day and hitting them hard.

what do you guys think of this?

Your routine doesn't look that good and your diet looks even worse. If you want to put on size stick with fullbody routines, Rippetoes or a 5x5. The body part split can work, I just feel that a fullbody routine is optimal to put on overall size.

Now onto your diet the first half of the day looks pretty decent, I'd add in a few more calories like a glass of milk at breakfast and fruit with the protein bar but its pretty decent. However once you after your 2pm it starts to fall apart. One to two hours before your workout you should consume some type of meat not just fruits and vegetables and then 30 minutes before your workout you should consume a fast digesting carb like fruit and 1/2 - 1 protein shake and then like you said another protein shake following your workout (I only use 1/2 pre-workout). You're dinner looks good, little to no carbs late at night. But before you go to bed you should consume a slow digesting protein, either a glass of milk with or without some ON whey in it, or invest in a slow digesting protein powder.

Good luck