SEANM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Important question on lifting heavy

Alright, Let's say I do 3 exercises for biceps. To gain size and strength, should I go 5 sets of 5 reps at heavier weight for all 3 exercises, or lighter weight at 3 sets of 10 reps. Or should I mix it up, maybe maxing out with one exercise and doing 3 sets of 10 on the other 2?

RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For biceps I don't like going with low reps. I usually stick around 8-10 reps and it works well for me. Just make sure you go slowly, and don't use momentum (well much momentum) to help you lift it. Don't sway back and form and really feel it in your biceps, and really squeeze at the top.

tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Important question on lifting heavy

Originally posted by SEANM
    Alright, Let's say I do 3 exercises for biceps. To gain size and strength, should I go 5 sets of 5 reps at heavier weight for all 3 exercises, or lighter weight at 3 sets of 10 reps. Or should I mix it up, maybe maxing out with one exercise and doing 3 sets of 10 on the other 2?
    when i do biceps, ile start with a wieghti can do liek 40 reps with and do 12 jsut to get some feeling in htier. then ile do 12, 12, then10 reps with the 45's or 50's, then ile go up too 55's, and do about 6, i always do a heavy set at the end, but directly after ile do another set with the 40s untill failure. works for me, ive put 4 inches on my arms, definately my strong point
    "it would be wicked to be an animal, you would'nt even have to worry about making plans."
    -kevin commerford

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why would u want to use the 5x5 principle on a small muscle group anyways? That is applied mostly for powerlifters on core lifts.

lifter