my pic is very old Senor Awesome's Avatar
    Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50)

how long for muscle memory to return body to previous size, post injury

so I had a bicep tendon injury and lifted for the first time in about two weeks.

Good news is that it's fine and I feel great and healthy.
    Bad news is that I lost like two inches off my arms and added some fat. I lost plenty of back muscle and delts as well.

How long should I expect muscle memory to take to kick in and return to normal size?

From someone who has came back and regained the muscle, what's a good way to ditch the bit of fat I gained being sedentary and gain the muscle.

I'd like to get my waist back down to 32 @ 195-199 instead of 33 @ 192

Any constructive input? Thanks a lot.
    A lot of people have been looking at too many competition condition bodybuilding photos and have a distorted sense of what "fat" is. - SideFX

bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i definately know what you are going through. for the last two-three years for different reasons i always end up not being able to lift for several months. last year i was out for 10 months and lost around 25lbs. well once i got back in i went pretty hard and gained 30lbs between july 1 and dec. 1. not too sure when i got back to my orig. size and strenght but i would say it took me about a month or two. here is the link to my progress:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=992055

this year i moved out of the country and was out for about 5-6 months. i started lifting seriously in beg of july and i am almost back to where i left off at 180 (now 176). i lost about 1.5" on my arms but have gained 1.25" since i started. and so once again it will have taken me about 2 months to get it back.
    i guess it depends on how long you break for, and how you ate, exercised if at all during your break. everyone is different and will respond differently but hopefully my experience can give you a guide line to go off of. i have heard others being able to get it back in a month or so. good luck and go nuts!

-->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -->aDAM*<-- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Senor Awesome View Post
    so I had a bicep tendon injury and lifted for the first time in about two weeks.

Good news is that it's fine and I feel great and healthy.
    Bad news is that I lost like two inches off my arms and added some fat. I lost plenty of back muscle and delts as well.

How long should I expect muscle memory to take to kick in and return to normal size?

From someone who has came back and regained the muscle, what's a good way to ditch the bit of fat I gained being sedentary and gain the muscle.

I'd like to get my waist back down to 32 @ 195-199 instead of 33 @ 192

Any constructive input? Thanks a lot.
    you lost that much size in only two weeks that sucks man.
    Today I will reject mediocrity. low carb. high ghey.

Owe reps to: CapitalO

bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    man, so much for skimming, i guess i skipped the part that you have only been out for two weeks. yeah like aDam said, that is insane you lost that much, i wouldn't even think that would be possible. as for as muscle memory, i wouldn't really say you had been away long enough for much to change. you should be able to get back to where you were in a week or two, maybe with exception of the strength in the injured bicep

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't see how you can lose 2" off of both arms in two weeks, I took off 2 weeks earlier this year and didn't really lose any size .. you sure you measured right? Anyway I'd bet you'll gain most of the size back really quick by pumping up your body and arms again and loading up on food
    Last edited by d_k; 08-13-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2 inches in 2 weeks???? jesus

in 2 weeks time i woukdnt really think you would of lost much muscle...

hopefuly your strength will be back in a week or so..but as for those 2 inches..that could take months
    IG = @ Bmur18 - Follow me and message for reps

**BMBC...MANG!**

rep back 10k+

Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senor Awesome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -->aDAM*<-- View Post
    you lost that much size in only two weeks that sucks man.
    Yeah it does.

I think my slacking on diet might have hurt me though. I had enough protein and all, just had a bit too much pop and chips. things I normally don't eat more than twice a month or an occasion.

Originally Posted by d_k View Post
    I don't see how you can lose 2" off of both arms in two weeks, I took off 2 weeks earlier this year and didn't really lose any size .. you sure you measured right? Anyway I'd bet you'll gain most of the size back really quick by pumping up your body and arms again and loading up on food
    Trust me. The bicep and tricep were overtrained and fell apart a bit because of inactivity and were unable to repair so yeah.
    Yeah, I measured the same both times. pumped 'n flex. I know it's not the proper way, but it's the same each time. That's what matters.

Originally Posted by lax28 View Post
    2 inches in 2 weeks???? jesus

in 2 weeks time i woukdnt really think you would of lost much muscle...

hopefuly your strength will be back in a week or so..but as for those 2 inches..that could take months
    I hope it doesn't. I was just getting buff enough to where I didn't need to flex to see I was buff.

Originally Posted by bit View Post
    man, so much for skimming, i guess i skipped the part that you have only been out for two weeks. yeah like aDam said, that is insane you lost that much, i wouldn't even think that would be possible. as for as muscle memory, i wouldn't really say you had been away long enough for much to change. you should be able to get back to where you were in a week or two, maybe with exception of the strength in the injured bicep
    The biceps are great now. Rest works. I'll see how they feel on Wednesday. That'll have been two weeks of rest. Everything flows good with no clicking or popping or pulled feeling so I had no choice but rest.

Any opinions on weather using something like Creatine, SizeOn, SP250, or another Creatine or cellvolume type product would help?
    A lot of people have been looking at too many competition condition bodybuilding photos and have a distorted sense of what "fat" is. - SideFX

TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheLime is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I had cancer, I was told that I was as "weak as a kitten" by doctors. I was bedridden and could barely move. When I was finally able to walk, I needed a walker because I was too weak to support my weight.

When I returned to the gym after chemo, I was still one of the weakest in the gym. 2 weeks later I was incline pressing the 95s for reps as muscle memory kicked in. Now I do the 135s for reps.

Muscle memory is awesome!

Originally Posted by TheLime View Post
    When I had cancer, I was told that I was as "weak as a kitten" by doctors. I was bedridden and could barely move. When I was finally able to walk, I needed a walker because I was too weak to support my weight.

When I returned to the gym after chemo, I was still one of the weakest in the gym. 2 weeks later I was incline pressing the 95s for reps as muscle memory kicked in. Now I do the 135s for reps.

Muscle memory is awesome!
    It is. Congrats on beating cancer. It keeps some mild inflamation in prespective.

Hopefully it'll be the same for me.

Any opinions on using something like SizeOn to aid and come back better? My diet is pretty solid. It's about 35 carb, 25 protein, 40 fats (works for me, I know the protein seem slow but it works for me) I'd say 90% clean foods. My workout is solid and I follow my split to the T.

Registered User TangerineRavine's Avatar
    TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TangerineRavine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Senor Awesome View Post
    Yeah it does.

I think my slacking on diet might have hurt me though. I had enough protein and all, just had a bit too much pop and chips. things I normally don't eat more than twice a month or an occasion.

Trust me. The bicep and tricep were overtrained and fell apart a bit because of inactivity and were unable to repair so yeah.
    Yeah, I measured the same both times. pumped 'n flex. I know it's not the proper way, but it's the same each time. That's what matters.

I hope it doesn't. I was just getting buff enough to where I didn't need to flex to see I was buff.

The biceps are great now. Rest works. I'll see how they feel on Wednesday. That'll have been two weeks of rest. Everything flows good with no clicking or popping or pulled feeling so I had no choice but rest.

Any opinions on weather using something like Creatine, SizeOn, SP250, or another Creatine or cellvolume type product would help?
    Measuring Flexed and Pumped will often result in large variations between measurements. You're better of measuring cold and flexed or for even more accurate results, cold, not flexed.
    "The greatest waste in the world is the difference between what we are and what we could become."

noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noelgallagher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you loose 2 inches off ur arms in 2 weeks??? Thats a inch a week dude thats alot. Its probably just fat.

YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000) YMCATeen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, is Muscle memory real?