Thread: Ankle Sprain

TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TigerBlood1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ankle Sprain

I sprained my ankle a good 4-5 months ago now.
    It still feels weak, about a month a go a tried a very short jog/run about 20 meters and then the pain came straight back on.
    Is it normal to take this long to completely heal up?

LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TigerBlood1 View Post
    I sprained my ankle a good 4-5 months ago now.
    It still feels weak, about a month a go a tried a very short jog/run about 20 meters and then the pain came straight back on.
    Is it normal to take this long to completely heal up?
    Yep, it's completely normal. What you should've done after you sprained your ankle was ice it (to decrease inflammation), and move the ankle around. I can guarantee you have some scar tissue formation around the injury that may be limiting your range of motion, and/or causing pain. What you should do now is warm up the area (warm towel, etc) and stretch the site of injury.

jonaless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've suffered from sprained ankles, since I was little, especially cause I've always played soccer - go figure - when I was little my ankles were more fragile, they were more "twistable" if you could call them like that.

So, since then, I've always used ankle braces to play, even at practice I wear them, one on each ankle, i do them now for support, if i dont have them with me, i feel fragile and insecure, even though if im not injured.

So, you should try wearing one, there's many different kinds, i wear a simple one, it's like a sock, but you might need/feel more comfortable an adjustable one.

I don't think it's normal for it to take 4-5 months to heal. i don't know the severity of the sprain, but you should be able to exercise, just make sure to warm it up and stretch it well before running. I would recommend doing exercises to strengthen the ankle. And i would ice it every day, or at least, after every jog/run.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    I also suffered a couple of sprained ankles (rugby). For one I was in plaster cast and the doc told me that in some cases, tearing ligaments can be as bad as breaking a bone. I'll attest to that as I've also broken an ankle and there wasn't a lot of difference in pain or recovery time.

Took me years to get over them. Ankle braces help a lot in the meantime.