shelby29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

peeing at night ~ not drinking h20 before bed

i'm not sure if this has anything to do with my current training and nutrition. for the last couple of weeks, i have been awakened between 3:00 and 3:20 exactly having to go to the bathroom. after the first two nights of that, i stopped drinking any liquids a couple of hours before bedtime, making sure to go to the bathroom a few times as well. even with that, i am still waking up with a pretty full bladder and i really have to go. could that have anything to do with my weight loss program? i have been very dedicated to both my diet and the gym and doing well with that.

any ideas?

i love my sleep and this distrubance has affected it; some nights i can't get back to sleep!

it could all be in my head, and *****/****** has been suggested by friends, but none are fitness minded and could give that angle of explanation.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    what kind of supps are you taking?
    creatine causes extra water retention, so depending on (if you use creatine) when it can just be that water being released, for me i get mad pisses a good 2-3 hours after taking creatine, and its like i gotta go every 10 mins

has anything else changed in your diet over the past few weeks?
    **Canadian Crew**

I'm not taking any supplements yet, other than a multi and flax oil tablets.

That is a post for another time regarding supps; I used to roll my own ephedra stacks with great success. I know I could be doing more, but kind of want to keep my current plan as is and then add supps down the line. But then again, whatever I could do to maximize results I am open to. What to do, what to do?

Diet has just been very clean with one cheat meal per week. P&C in the morning and around workouts, P&F later in the day. 1700-1900 cals, good nutrient breakdowns, 5-6 mini-meals per day.

I am heading to bed now, and I really hope to sleep the whole night through!
    Last edited by shelby29; 08-12-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How long have you been on a diet for?

I'm thinking your body is going through changes due to your change in lifestyle. Sounds like the body is a little confused right now.

Your not pregnant are you?

Make a log with detailed times with entries of when you eat, drink and what ever else you take. If the problem persist I would take the log to a doctor and see what he says.

[QUOTE=Joe Go;68788703]
    Your not pregnant are you?
    QUOTE]

hell i hope not!!!!!

i have been keeping very detailed logs of diet, times of meals, and training. i want to do things right this time, so i am trying to leave nothing to chance, as well as to follow the advice to the letter of people whose physiques i admire. if this keeps up, i could at least give the doc an excellent picture of my diet and activity.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    good question! if anyone else know please tell cause i been suffering the same thing lately.. i never used to wake up needing to go to the toilet but for the last 6 months its been happening a lot. Ive always taken a whey shake before bed but never had the problem till recently, is it the bladder getting weaker and less tolerant as we age or something?
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to sleep at least 8 hrs straight and never wake up. Around age 24 (now I'm 27) I started getting up multiple times during sleep to urinate.

Now, I usually get up at least 3 times in an eight hour period. I really think it reduces my quality of sleep (obviously) but I really haven't found anything that helps as of yet.

I don't know why it started, but now its just like I'm conditioned to get up a few times and there's nothing I can do about it.
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Peeing at night is also connected with your insulin production. Many diabetic patients suffer from this.

Just to be safe get your blood sugar tested (fasted state)

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yup, this happens to me too, between 2:45 and 3:45 every morning. I can get back to sleep, but it's a pain in the butt, and I've fallen down the stairs on my way to the bathroom before :-\ I was assuming it's because I eat a lot of protein, and the ammonia/uric acid just need to be flushed more often.

Registered User KillerKowalski1's Avatar
    KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The main three things that make us urinate are:

1. Water
    2. Sodium
    3. Protein

Registered User KillerKowalski1's Avatar
    KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KillerKowalski1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by living View Post
    Peeing at night is also connected with your insulin production. Many diabetic patients suffer from this.

I thought it is not so much the insulin production, but more the water pills that are prescribed to diabetic patients???
    Last edited by KillerKowalski1; 08-13-2007 at 06:51 AM.

bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I usually have to pee at night. But if I don't drink enough water and don't have to pee at night I am uncomfortable. Probably a side effect of the EC stack i'm on which acts as a diuretic.

jnj2203 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jnj2203 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jnj2203 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jnj2203 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jnj2203 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jnj2203 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Sir Pissalot

I have talked to my coach on this very subject!! He says that this is very important to getting your body to flush sodium pre-contest. He also says not to worry that pissing every 20mins being 8-6 weeks out, is what you should want. I wake up 3 times a night to go piss once at 12:30am, 2:45am, and then again at 6:00am (which sucks the worst because I usually wake up at 6:30am). Water is the most natural diuretic and so if you put more water into your system the body will reach a certain peak and say, there is no need for me to hold as much. So BAM the flood breaks and your pissing twice an hour. Ever wonder why right after you piss your thirsty again?? This phase will happen if you have increased your water by a lot in a short amount of time due to more protein shakes, drinking more water during work outs, or eating more asparagus and other green vegetables as a source of carbs. If you want it to stop just don't drink as much water and it will pass, and if you want a quick fix just do a thirty minute sauna session after your work out twice a week.

crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by living View Post

Good advice im a type 1 diabetic and suffer from the same thing. It is usally the first sign that my blood sugar is high. When it is high I can almost set my clock by the times I wake up. Its just about every 2 hours on the dot.
    ---No matter how good looking she is, somewhere-someguy is sick of her ****---

---Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have---

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn, I'm glad I read this post. Diabetes runs in my family. I never even considered that it was the cause of my constant pissing. I may wanna get checked just to be sure.
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At 27, I would certainly get tested if it runs in the family. Early stages of diabetes can go largely unnoticed for a long time.

crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonrain22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by formula1 View Post
    At 27, I would certainly get tested if it runs in the family. Early stages of diabetes can go largely unnoticed for a long time.
    That is how mine did. When I was finally diagnosed I was working full time had no clue immunity's got so low I got thrush. When I went in I had a blood sugar of 998 should have killed me at 700.

---Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have---

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crimsonrain22 View Post
    That is how mine did. When I was finally diagnosed I was working full time had no clue immunity's got so low I got thrush. When I went in I had a blood sugar of 998 should have killed me at 700.
    :-O WOW....well, congratulations on being alive man! That's crazy! Gosh now I'm worried about my frequent tinkling

Quick Copy and Paist for those worried

Diabetes Warning Signs

Because diabetes can cause serious complications, it's important to be on the lookout for signs that you may have diabetes. The symptoms of type 1 diabetes may include:

* Increased thirst
    * Increased hunger (especially after eating)
    * Dry mouth
    * Frequent urination
    * Unexplained weight loss (even though you are eating and feel hungry)
    * Fatigue (weak, tired feeling)
    * Blurred vision
    * Headaches
    * Loss of consciousness (rare)

Type 2 diabetes is usually not diagnosed until complications have occurred. Most often, there are no symptoms or a very gradual development of the above symptoms. In fact, half of all people who have type 2 diabetes don't know they have it. When hyperglycemia occurs, the symptoms can be the same as those listed above.

Other symptoms of type 2 diabetes may include:

* Slow-healing sores or cuts
    * Itching of the skin (usually around the vaginal or groin area)
    * Frequent yeast infections
    * Recent weight gain
    * Velvety dark skin changes of the neck, armpit and groin, called acanthosis nigricans
    * Numbness and tingling of the hands and feet
    * Decreased vision
    * Impotency

If you have any of these symptoms, contact your health care provider right away so you can get tested or screened. Even people with pre-diabetes can have the increased risk from heart disease seen in people with diabetes.

living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) living has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KillerKowalski1 View Post
    I thought it is not so much the insulin production, but more the water pills that are prescribed to diabetic patients???
    Actually its because of high blood sugar. Basically the urine is already highly concentrated with waste material and your kidneys HAVE to get rid of it.

Many people on the forum have pro-diabetic habits. Since my dad is diabetic I've been very careful. Stupid things like not eating a healthy breakfast(accepted opinion) or doing fasted cardio (my opinion) or taking some supplement that messes with the body's thyroxine production - all affect insulin production.

Tips would be-
    DRINK LOTS OF WATER
    EAT A HEALTHY EARLY BREAKFAST
    DO CARDIO REGULARLY - this one especially if you're above 25 on the BMI scale

Originally Posted by crimsonrain22 View Post
    Good advice im a type 1 diabetic and suffer from the same thing. It is usally the first sign that my blood sugar is high. When it is high I can almost set my clock by the times I wake up. Its just about every 2 hours on the dot.
    Next time also rep me

haha jk

KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KDave926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shelby29 View Post
    i'm not sure if this has anything to do with my current training and nutrition. for the last couple of weeks, i have been awakened between 3:00 and 3:20 exactly having to go to the bathroom. after the first two nights of that, i stopped drinking any liquids a couple of hours before bedtime, making sure to go to the bathroom a few times as well. even with that, i am still waking up with a pretty full bladder and i really have to go. could that have anything to do with my weight loss program? i have been very dedicated to both my diet and the gym and doing well with that.

any ideas?

i love my sleep and this distrubance has affected it; some nights i can't get back to sleep!

it could all be in my head, and *****/****** has been suggested by friends, but none are fitness minded and could give that angle of explanation.
    Shelby and anyone who has experienced this problem:

While I'm no doctor, I am a type 1 diabetic and frequent urination is one of the symptoms of diabetes. There are others, including rapid weight loss, fatigue, irritability, blurred vision, inability to heal or wounds that heal slowly, itching/burning skin. If you've experienced these symptoms in addition to frequent urination, the first thing I'd suggest is talking with your doctor.

In the meantime, you may choose to test your urine when you void. You can purchase a variety of products for this purpose from any pharmacy for about $14.

Some of the brands--Clinistix--contain a chemically coated strip which is passed through the urine stream while voiding. You might also want to try Ketostix, since you say you are attempting to lose weight. Ketostix test for the presence of glucose in urine as well as Ketones, the by products given off when the body is burning fat not glucose for energy.

After you pass the strip, you'll wait about 15 seconds and check to see if there is a change in the color of the strip. Each variation in color change (if any) indicates the presence and amount of glucose and or ketones in urine. However, be aware that urine testing provides the level of these substances in the blood stream during the past few hours. The most accurate test for glucose is a simple blood test done in a doctor's office.

If you choose to test your urine and you notice a change in the strip, you should immediately consult your physician.

Hope this helps and I hope everything turns out OK for you.

KDave926