i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Help a D1 Athlete!!!

I am a Division 1 athlete and right now we are in preseason doing 2 adays for a total of ~6-7 hours each day, 6 days/week. How the hell do I prevent my body from breaking down and exhaustion setting in? Anyone have any tips for how to stay hydrated, consuming enough calories, or even how to not give up? Any words of wisdom for preseason hell?
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."

kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DieHollywoodDie View Post
    I am a Division 1 athlete and right now we are in preseason doing 2 adays for a total of ~6-7 hours each day, 6 days/week. How the hell do I prevent my body from breaking down and exhaustion setting in? Anyone have any tips for how to stay hydrated, consuming enough calories, or even how to not give up? Any words of wisdom for preseason hell?
    Preseason suuuucks let me tell you. but youll just have to get used to it. i always drink ALOT of water whenever i can just to keep myself hydrated. (i would get tired of it and put a little juice in and just water it down). After practice, im usually so dead that i dont want to eat. this is when your body NEEEEDS nutrients though. Be sure to at least force something down or at least eat a couple sandwiches before you go to bed. i also always have some protein before i go to bed to prevent a catabolic affect too (your body breaking down your muscles).

but keep your head up. preseason always sucks but when you are infront of the big lights, you remember why you go through so much pain.
    good luck man
    Growing like a weed

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day, probably mroe for you since it's D1 so go for at least 1 1/2. Go to the super market and get those clear Poland Springs gallons and refill it everyday.

Eat well, try pasta and an orange for lunch and a sandwich. And get at least 8-9 hours of sleep everytime. And when you are not at football, get off your feet, ly down or at least sit in a chair. And stretch before you go to sleep.
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by drunkenmaster11 View Post
    Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day, probably mroe for you since it's D1 so go for at least 1 1/2. Go to the super market and get those clear Poland Springs gallons and refill it everyday.

Eat well, try pasta and an orange for lunch and a sandwich. And get at least 8-9 hours of sleep everytime. And when you are not at football, get off your feet, ly down or at least sit in a chair. And stretch before you go to sleep.
    I play DI football as well but what does DI have to do with how much water you should drink?
    Growing like a weed

Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100)

Way too little water unless its like 65 where he lives. You should get a pint in for every pound of water you lose, then an additional 20 oz about 30 minutes before you practice. I lost about 8 lbs every practice so that's 2 gallons a day right there plus the 40 oz to top it off before practice. The key is to just keep sipping water all day when you aren't practicing. Usually in between I just laid in my chair and watched TV or read and constantly sipping on my water.
    >>Misc Tater Tot Crew<<

Black Knight 4 Lyfe
    Misc 4 Lyfe

DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

haha i'm not playing football. and dude i have given up on hydration i think...i literally drank 2 gallons of water+gatorade today and my legs were having seizures pretty much.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    haha i'm not playing football. and dude i have given up on hydration i think...i literally drank 2 gallons of water+gatorade today and my legs were having seizures pretty much.
    Oh sorry, I assumed you were since you said preseason around this time and football is the #1 thing on this board. My bad.

Stretch
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Drink plenty of water after practice so you can be hydrated for tommorow.

OT: shouldn't you know this by now since your a D1 athlete?

"It snows in my mind" Theater Jock's Avatar
    Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theater Jock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Youplay water polo?

Whats your two a days like?
    University of Oregon class of 2013

Kobe, Kobe, white bitches

Originally Posted by Theater Jock View Post
    Youplay water polo?

Whats your two a days like?
    ****in hell. i'm so tired i'm thinking about quitting even though if i do everyone will hate me. we practice 8-11 in the morning where it's nearly entirely swimming at really fast splits. we get a few hours of break time for lunch, naps, and dealing with our bodies, then we go back at 3pm until 6pm, sometimes 7pm. a lot of ball work, leg work, and really physically demanding drills at this time. then you pretty much want to die and go to sleep. repeat. i just finished my second day of practice and while it's absolltely ehausting and really tiring, it's not impossible. i just hate swimming which is ~1/2 of what we do.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.

Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hard Nutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try doing ice baths to recover your legs and enhance recovery time. Make sure your getting enough carbs during camp with every meal. Ru taking any supps to help recovery or prevent break down of muscle??
    HARD Nutrition Rep