Master of the Dark Arts Tromboner45's Avatar
    Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How to widen your back?

How would one go about widening your back? I've heard deadlifts, but they're not doing much. I work my lats tirelessly and kill my middle back. What else can i do? I just want it wide as ****.
    Hate is a powerful word; I, in turn, am a powerful man, borne from it. Your fear is my strength, your insecurity, my pride. All i have ever known is loathing... You toss aside my teachings to preach of love, which you know nothing of?! I know love... Let me show you the way. Hate... Hate was my first love.

The demons are sleepless and immaterial, death is at hand, and I am weak. Lord, help me; do not let Thy creature perish, for Thou carest for me in my misery.

St. Peter of Damascus

aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100)
    Sh** ain't wide, lol..

jk

How heavy is your deadlift? Or should I say how intense? have you tried weighted pull-ups?
    "OBSESSED" is the word lazy people use to describe the "DEDICATED."

Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My deadlift max is only like 305 or so. 3 plates is just around the corner though. Weighted pullups have just never really worked well for me for some reason. I just pound through them. anyway my deadlift is pretty intense. I do 3 sets of 6-8. Any more advise?
    Hate is a powerful word; I, in turn, am a powerful man, borne from it. Your fear is my strength, your insecurity, my pride. All i have ever known is loathing... You toss aside my teachings to preach of love, which you know nothing of?! I know love... Let me show you the way. Hate... Hate was my first love.

The demons are sleepless and immaterial, death is at hand, and I am weak. Lord, help me; do not let Thy creature perish, for Thou carest for me in my misery.

St. Peter of Damascus

aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100) aikurushii is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Tromboner45
    My deadlift max is only like 305 or so. 3 plates is just around the corner though. Weighted pullups have just never really worked well for me for some reason. I just pound through them. anyway my deadlift is pretty intense. I do 3 sets of 6-8. Any more advise?
    yes, do pull-ups lol.. IMO, it's the best way to get a nice v-taper and deadlifts are for back thickness.
    "OBSESSED" is the word lazy people use to describe the "DEDICATED."

So pullups can give you a V-taper? I have one, but the only fat on my body is stored like a damn tire around my stomach and love handles and ****. Anyway, thats no concern of yours. However, can pullups increase that taper?

St. Peter of Damascus

coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolpoint will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bent over rolls or lat pull downs are cool.

HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wide grip pull ups or wide lat pull downs help get that V-shape look. it works the lat section next to your arm pits. remember to try and build big shoulders and chests along with your big back.

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    weighted wide grip pullups / lat pulldowns would do the trick.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100)
    I agree wide grip chin ups are a very good way to widen your back

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think the only thing you need is time. Training only takes you so far. As long as ur nutrition is on spot and ur giving yourself enough recovery time, the gains will come. You're not going to find any special exercise that will make ur lats wide as hell in a few months or a year...just stick to the basics (deadlifts, pulldowns, rows) and do what it is you know you need to do. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

Registered User BigTruckGuy3500's Avatar
    BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Along with pull ups or pull downs, I think you should do one arm rows. They are better than barbell rows in my opinion because they allow you to reach a better peak contraction and feel the squeeze better. And also, if you do it where you feel a stretch in your lats at the bottom of the movement, it helps to bring your lats lower as well.

Brads Results Not Typical skullcrusher45's Avatar
    skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lose fat around the waist...do pullups
    5k+

scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorpion150 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tromboner45
    How would one go about widening your back? I've heard deadlifts, but they're not doing much. I work my lats tirelessly and kill my middle back. What else can i do? I just want it wide as ****.
    do bentover rolls with a barbell or lat pulldowns.
    I'm 6'3 235lbs. 20inch arms/48inch chest/36inch waist Currently i'm on a cutting phase. Planning on losing 15 pounds by september. Contact me at http://www.myspace.com/blueapple5

gazzarobbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gazzarobbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just remember that wide grip chin ups do not mean extending your arms out for the full length of the bar as many people frequently do taking away the stress from the lats and puttin it on the arms...but yes that will give u a good v shaped back
    Stats:

Weight:80kg
    Height:173cm give or take (5'8''/5'9'')

Bench: 105kg (4 reps)
    Squat:170kg (6 reps)

Anatoliy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HydroStorm
    wide grip pull ups or wide lat pull downs help get that V-shape look. it works the lat section next to your arm pits. remember to try and build big shoulders and chests along with your big back.
    this guy said it...do straight arm pulldowns also...they help work your lower lats....

-Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Moores Gym- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lat Pulldowns and Cable Rows widened my back nicely