GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Make your abs more defined

I walked in the gym yesterday and i saw a bunch of guys trying to do as many crunchs as they can as fast as they can. it made me mad because they were wasting their time. I just wanted to post some things that i have done to get the most out of my ab workouts.

1. Go slow and under control.
    2. Squeze in you abdominals when you get to the top of the set, Flex your abs.
    3. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! do an exercise for your abs that hurts you back.
    4. Don't Work you abs vverday.

If you are squeezing in hard enough when you get to the top, you abs should be burning pretty good after 35-45 reps. If not your not going intense enough. I'll tell ya, the best feeling is when you get after your done and you lean back, and your abs are feeling tight. It feels great!
    Height: 5'10''
    Weight: 185
    BF: 10%
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 405
    Power Clean: 275

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!
    **2004-2005 National Champs**
    !Going for the three-peat!

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GOT2BSTRONG
    I walked in the gym yesterday and i saw a bunch of guys trying to do as many crunchs as they can as fast as they can. it made me mad because they were wasting their time. I just wanted to post some things that i have done to get the most out of my ab workouts.

1. Go slow and under control.
    2. Squeze in you abdominals when you get to the top of the set, Flex your abs.
    3. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! do an exercise for your abs that hurts you back.
    4. Don't Work you abs vverday.

If you are squeezing in hard enough when you get to the top, you abs should be burning pretty good after 35-45 reps. If not your not going intense enough. I'll tell ya, the best feeling is when you get after your done and you lean back, and your abs are feeling tight. It feels great!
    i wouldnt do 35-45 reps on every ab workout........
    gotta train for strength too.

GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GOT2BSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats true. You can use weight when doing ab exercises as well. NaturalBrock is right. Strenght is important.

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!

Master of the Dark Arts Tromboner45's Avatar
    Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm glad someone said this. My lazy ass posted this one time, got 0 replies and said "to hell with everyone else then". Also, on flexing at the top, a good way to do this is to breathe in then out very deeply at the top. This tightens one's abs very well. Hope that helped someone.
    Hate is a powerful word; I, in turn, am a powerful man, borne from it. Your fear is my strength, your insecurity, my pride. All i have ever known is loathing... You toss aside my teachings to preach of love, which you know nothing of?! I know love... Let me show you the way. Hate... Hate was my first love.

The demons are sleepless and immaterial, death is at hand, and I am weak. Lord, help me; do not let Thy creature perish, for Thou carest for me in my misery.

St. Peter of Damascus

Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000) Mikeo is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I used to do some ab exercises, such as leg lifts, my lower back would kill. So should I avoid these in the future ?

xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xcom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can try leg lifts hanging from a chinup bar if laying down hurts your back.

Originally Posted by Mikeo
    When I used to do some ab exercises, such as leg lifts, my lower back would kill. So should I avoid these in the future ?
    yeah avoid em, and do exercises for you lower back. My favorite is the superman, get on the floor on your stomach, and raise your arms and legs and hold it for like 30 seconds you should feel it in your lower back. Making you lower back strong is very important for almost any lift consisting your legs...especially squats. ALot of times the lower back gets ignored but it shouldnt if you want to lower the risk of injury.

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!

RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBplaya32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what can i do to get rid of the fat around my belly?

Originally Posted by RBplaya32
    what can i do to get rid of the fat around my belly?
    Its all about cardio, bro. Everyone has a six pack, its just people have a bunch of fat in front of it covering it up. The key is to get rid of the fat and then work you abs hella hard to get them to stick out more and look more defined.

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!

wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GOT2BSTRONG
    you abs should be burning pretty good after 35-45 reps
    When I do crunches, I can start to feel it around 25, but that's usually the 2nd+ set.

metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metalmodex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    diet has a big part of getting your abs defined

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Most people should have moderately defiend abs by having a low bodyfat, but we are bodybuilders! Why would we want anything to be just moderate! To get thicker abs you need to train them as you would any other muscle. You don't need super high reps with your own bodyweight, that doesn't do much but give you more endurance. Weighted ab exercise, as well as having a low bodyfat, will allow you to have thick, visable abdominals.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Weighted low reps are definitly the key to get those abs stickin out.

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!

Smokey1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokey1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokey1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do about 4 ab exercises and do 3 sets of 12 reps for each exercise b/c I use a heavy enough weight so that I can't do lots of reps.

Originally Posted by Smokey1987
    I usually do about 4 ab exercises and do 3 sets of 12 reps for each exercise b/c I use a heavy enough weight so that I can't do lots of reps.
    Thats exactly what you want

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!

Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Everyday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you ever tried to do situps using one of those big huge balls (I forgot what they are called). Just spread your legs shoulder length apart and set your feet on the ground with your back on the top of the ball, then do situps. I think the ball makes you bend lower than parallel to the ground, so you end up going >180degrees to around 90 degrees. Usually it takes around 40-50 situps for me to feel anything, but this exercise will let you feel the burn for half the rep. I think that means it is a more efficient exercise for your abs. Try it for yourself.
    "Lead with your mind, then your body will follow."

Originally Posted by Everyday
    Have you ever tried to do situps using one of those big huge balls (I forgot what they are called). Just spread your legs shoulder length apart and set your feet on the ground with your back on the top of the ball, then do situps. I think the ball makes you bend lower than parallel to the ground, so you end up going >180degrees to around 90 degrees. Usually it takes around 40-50 situps for me to feel anything, but this exercise will let you feel the burn for half the rep. I think that means it is a more efficient exercise for your abs. Try it for yourself.
    It really feels good on your back. Thats what they are made for. It can bring you way down and its still safe for your back.

!!!GO USC TROJANS!!!