Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)

Training Questions

This thread is for people that happen to have training questions they would like addressed.

I am a qualified professional, and I can give you an accurate answer that suits your needs.

If you feel that I can effectively answer your question, feel free to post here.

Hopefully this thread will help prevent the clutter that comes out of numerous other training threads that are around here.
    NSCA-CPT.

Brads Results Not Typical skullcrusher45's Avatar
    skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know your probably not a doctor, and this isn't specifically a training question. I went to my doctor because I have a minor case of scoliosis (curvature of the spine). The curve was only 5 degrees, so it really has no effect. However when my dad asked what kind of exercises i should watch out for the doctor said not to squat anymore than 200 lbs. This is a joke for me because I rep 275. Does heavy squatting have an adverse effect on the curvature?
    5k+

Internet Tough Guy MrDreamWeaver's Avatar
    MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Deadlifts are actually known to cause scoliosis, I'm not sure about squats. Logically speaking, 275lbs placed on your upper back is going to cause spinal pressure.

In the end of the day, is doing squats worth risking your health? I don't think so.
    Post of the year:
    Originally Posted by D-Guy
    I have a guy at my gym that likes to take a 30-60 minute nap before he works out. He grabs a padded matt from the ab area and rolls it up and just falls asleep in the corner of the gym. It's really funny to see.

Post of the year2:
    Originally Posted by X tupac X
    I CALLED bodybuilding.com to ask them to remove a post I had made earlier...

KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is known that squatting does cause spinal compression. This can obviously lead to other problems such as herniated disks, curvatures, and so on.

Doctors never advise any kind of heavy lifting, that is no secret.

Personally, squatting `could` give you more problems, and it is also possible that it will leave you better have.

My advice: Start doing spine stretching activities, such as those found in yoga. Yes, I know as a BBer yoga sounds like pussy stuff but it is VERY helpful to those that have had back problems. It may help correct your problem, and allow to move on without incidence.
    NSCA-CPT.

Internet Tough Guy MrDreamWeaver's Avatar
    MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Khan, perhaps you can provide some additional insight to a highly controversial and debatable topic. What repetition range is the best for providing the body with optimal muscle mass?
    Post of the year:
    Originally Posted by D-Guy
    I have a guy at my gym that likes to take a 30-60 minute nap before he works out. He grabs a padded matt from the ab area and rolls it up and just falls asleep in the corner of the gym. It's really funny to see.

Post of the year2:
    Originally Posted by X tupac X
    I CALLED bodybuilding.com to ask them to remove a post I had made earlier...

skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    K thanks Khan and DreamWeaver...reps
    5k+

Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I'm training to be a good thrower, what kind of ab work should I do?

Why does a fever make you tired?

If I want to periodize sprint work with throwing work, should I do sprints at night, ab work in the morning, and SPP/weights during the middle of the day? Should the plyos be alternated with the sprints (low intensity ones)?

Would it be wiser for me to focus on powercleans or power snatches? Should I consider throwing a strength-speed sport or a speed-strength sport? I'm leaning towards speed-strength for the discuss, but I can't decide for the shot.

Do you prescribe to the O-lifting theory of going as fast as possible from the floor (as seen on sportsivy, although I think I spelled that wrong), or moderately until you hit the most powerful position (as Zatsiorsky advocates)?

When throwing a shot my grip will be much different than when holding a bar. What should I do differently to beable to maximize my strength in regards to the shot?

To prepare for throwing, would it be wiser to raise your limit strength or speed rep strength in regards to application and the explosive strength deficit?

I pretty much know the answers to all of these (even if I typed them as if I didn't), except for the fever question. I just want to see your answers.

Originally Posted by MrDreamWeaver
    Deadlifts are actually known to cause scoliosis, I'm not sure about squats. Logically speaking, 275lbs placed on your upper back is going to cause spinal pressure.

In the end of the day, is doing squats worth risking your health? I don't think so.
    Only in people that deadlift with terrible form. For example a rounded back. It does not cause any problems, documented or otherwise, in people with good form. Usually deadlifting will go to help prevent the other spinal curvatures kyphosis and lordosis by strengthing the erector groups.
    NSCA-CPT.

Originally Posted by MrDreamWeaver
    Khan, perhaps you can provide some additional insight to a highly controversial and debatable topic. What repetition range is the best for providing the body with optimal muscle mass?
    The theories on this one range wildly, but I will offer my personal perspective...

I do not believe in higher rep ranges (10+) due to the type of hypertrophy that occurs. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy does nothing but cause temporary fluid displacement, and minimal muscle fiber growth takes place.

VERY low rep ranges (1-3) tend to not work due to the fact it is mostly CNS work geared towards recruiting more motor units.

4-8, with heavy weight to failure, is the preferable method, as it invokes the best kind of hypertrophy. Myofibril hypertrophy, or the thickening of existing muscle fibers.
    NSCA-CPT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PAmos wannabe's Avatar
    PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500) PAmos wannabe is not very helpful. (-500)

Smile

Im 14yrs old, 15 in march. I have been training for a year on and off but started seriously 2 - 3 months ago.
    My split looks like this:
    Monday: back, biceps
    Tuesday:chest, triceps
    Friday: legs, shoulders
    I'm 5'11 - 6', 160- 170lbs.
    I have never taken any supplementation and have had great gains, but i was wondering if taking any supplements would help me?
    I also play rugby on the wing/centre.
    Is my training any good, how could it be improved?
    I have recently had an x - ray as i broke my ankle playing rugby, it showed my growth plates have almost completely fused so im not gonna grow much more, just wondered if that would affect the way i train, i.e. will i be able to safely go heavier?
    Last edited by PAmos wannabe; 02-11-2005 at 01:58 PM.
    "You don't regret the things you did... you regret the things you didn't do"

"very seldom do the lambs slaughter the butcher"

Pamos, what does the word supplement actually mean. It means like an addition to your diet. Thats what they are, a supplement to your diet. If your diet is going really well without supplements then great. It is possible to get big without the use of any supplements. I'm not sure if you could say using them would necessarily take you to the next level. But they definitely help. Theres no magic pill for bbing that will take you to the next level (thats legal anyways).
    5k+

Originally Posted by Myth Destroyer
    If I'm training to be a good thrower, what kind of ab work should I do?
    EXPLOSIVE WORK. FUNCTIONAL TRAINING IS A KEYWORD NOWADAYS. ANYTHING THAT MIMICS THE MOVEMENT.

Why does a fever make you tired?
    THE IMMUNE SYSTEM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SYSTEM IN YOUR BODY. WHEN IT IS WEAKENED THE BODY CAN'T FUNCTION AT FULL CAPACITY DUE TO THE RESOURCES THE SYSTEM IS TAKING UP. THIS IS WHY ANY TYPE OF TRAINING WHILE SICK NEVER GOES WELL. IT TAKES IMMENSE AMOUNTS OF ENERGY TO DEAL WITH VIRUSES, AND BACTERIA.

If I want to periodize sprint work with throwing work, should I do sprints at night, ab work in the morning, and SPP/weights during the middle of the day? Should the plyos be alternated with the sprints (low intensity ones)?
    MULTIPLE WORKOUTS IN A DAY IS NEVER ADVISABLE DUE TO CORTISOL LEVELS, AND THE RISK OF CATABOLISM. MOST PEOPLE EASILY GO INTO CALORIE DEFICIT WHEN THEY DO THIS. THE TRAINING OF EACH RESPECTIVE TYPE SHOULD BEST BE KEPT SEPARATE TO ENSURE A PREVENTION OF OVERTRAINING, HORMONAL BALANCE, AND OPTIMAL GAINS.

Would it be wiser for me to focus on powercleans or power snatches? Should I consider throwing a strength-speed sport or a speed-strength sport? I'm leaning towards speed-strength for the discuss, but I can't decide for the shot.
    SHOT-PUT IS A STRENGTH-SPEED SPORT, AS IT IS BUILT IN THE AMOUNT OF POWER YOU CAN BUILD UP BEHIND THE SHOT. I AGREE THAT DISCUSS IS MORE SPEED-STRENGTH DUE TO THE FACT IT IS MORE TORQUE DEPENDENT. I WOULD SAY POWER-SNATCH DUE TO THE FACT SHOT-PUT DOES REQUIRE ANTERIOR DELT STRENGTH.

Do you prescribe to the O-lifting theory of going as fast as possible from the floor (as seen on sportsivy, although I think I spelled that wrong), or moderately until you hit the most powerful position (as Zatsiorsky advocates)? I BELIEVE IN SPEED. MOSTLY DO TO WHAT IS OBSERVABLE IN PLING. THE CNS CAN BE BETTER TRAINED FOR THIS.

When throwing a shot my grip will be much different than when holding a bar. What should I do differently to beable to maximize my strength in regards to the shot?
    AS WITH ALL ATHLETIC TRAINING GEARED TOWARDS AN EVENT YOU SHOULD DO EXERCISES ACCORDING TO WHAT MORE PRECISELY MIMICS THE MOVEMENT. A SHOT-PUTTER DOING BB ROWS WOULD GET NO BENEFIT OUT OF THEM.

To prepare for throwing, would it be wiser to raise your limit strength or speed rep strength in regards to application and the explosive strength deficit? THERE IS NO REASON BOTH CAN'T BE DONE HERE. A GOOD EXAMPLE, ONCE AGAIN, COMES FROM PLING. PLERS TRAIN EXPLOSIVENESS AND MAX STRENGTH. YOUR CNS IS CAPABLE OF TRAINING BOTH.

I pretty much know the answers to all of these (even if I typed them as if I didn't), except for the fever question. I just want to see your answers.
    My answers are in CAPS...

Also, a key note... Personal trainers are much different from athletic trainers. They are two entirely different certifications. It is easy to end up in both fields, however different learning is required to differentiate.

Since I am not an athletic trainer it is very possible that my answers can be wrong.
    NSCA-CPT.

Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KhanPaulsen
    My answers are in CAPS...

Also, a key note... Personal trainers are much different from athletic trainers. They are two entirely different certifications. It is easy to end up in both fields, however different learning is required to differentiate.

Since I am not an athletic trainer it is very possible that my answers can be wrong.
    Oh, I know, I was just seeing if you were one of those guys who thinks he knows everything. Your answers weren't really correct, but the important thing is that you said you knew they might not be. Which means, for the rest of you reading, that he will probably give good advice on what he knows about, so you should probably listen to what he says.. just don't listen to his answers to my questions.

Originally Posted by PAmos wannabe
    Im 14yrs old, 15 in march. I have been training for a year on and off but started seriously 2 - 3 months ago.
    My split looks like this:
    Monday: back, biceps
    Tuesday:chest, triceps
    Friday: legs, shoulders
    I'm 5'11 - 6', 160- 170lbs.
    I have never taken any supplementation and have had great gains, but i was wondering if taking any supplements would help me?
    I also play rugby on the wing/centre.
    Is my training any good, how could it be improved?
    I have recently had an x - ray as i broke my ankle playing rugby, it showed my growth plates have almost completely fused so im not gonna grow much more, just wondered if that would affect the way i train, i.e. will i be able to safely go heavier?
    You don't need supplements right now. You need food. You will be able to go heavier. Now to get to your training split. Since you didn't give much information I will give what I can.

Monday: Back/Lats/Bis/Forearms
    Tuesday: Chest/Shoulder/Tris/Abs
    Friday: Calves/Hams/Quads/

Preferably I would do Wednesday instead of Tuesday, however I don't know what your schedule looks like.
    NSCA-CPT.

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Heis understand that Khan is not a sports trainer, so he is not going to know a whole lot about sports specific training. TRUST HIM though when he talks about bodybuilding and nutrition, he is incredibly knowledgeable in that field. He is not just some guy on here coming on here and claiming to be a certified professional when he is not and does not know waht he's talking about. Khan definitely knows his ****, trust that. He's a valuable asset to the boards. Sorry I know I am supporting him alot but I just want people to know that he is no bull****ter as he has caught alot of flack on the boards...

Originally Posted by USMuscle9403
    Heis understand that Khan is not a sports trainer, so he is not going to know a whole lot about sports specific training. TRUST HIM though when he talks about bodybuilding and nutrition, he is incredibly knowledgeable in that field. He is not just some guy on here coming on here and claiming to be a certified professional when he is not and does not know waht he's talking about. Khan definitely knows his ****, trust that. He's a valuable asset to the boards. Sorry I know I am supporting him alot but I just want people to know that he is no bull****ter as he has caught alot of flack on the boards...
    Did you not read my last post?

Originally Posted by Myth Destroyer
    Oh, I know, I was just seeing if you were one of those guys who thinks he knows everything. Your answers weren't really correct, but the important thing is that you said you knew they might not be. Which means, for the rest of you reading, that he will probably give good advice on what he knows about, so you should probably listen to what he says.. just don't listen to his answers to my questions.
    Like I said, I am not an athletic trainer. It requires a separate certification.

I answered to the best of my abilities, however sports are quite different from BBing, PLing, and other weight-room only activities. This I will admit.

I do appreciate being tested, I enjoy challenges, even if I come up short.
    NSCA-CPT.

I am sending this thread to the top. Also, as time passes, this thread should become a virtual warehouse of information that will be consistant, honest, and accurate.

Everyone's questions are welcome, no matter how seemingly insignificant.
    NSCA-CPT.

Ok another question. I just want this thread to do well so the boards can get cleared up. My split looks like this

Sunday: Legs/ Shoulders
    Tuesday: Chest/ Triceps
    Thursday: Back/ Biceps

Is three days enough? I am a beginner, have been working out for a little over a year. And my main question is if this routine is acceptable and if three days a week is enough.
    5k+

Yes. 3 days is enough. Personally, I stress recovery time a lot in my training, so it is good.

I am going to refer you to my training split I gave PAmos wannabe. It is a little bit above you in the thread. It will work just fine for you so long as you go heavy, hard, and use compound movements.
    NSCA-CPT.

Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Kahn, do you know of any good homemade PWO shakes I can make? Right now, I just eat a tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with a bit of miracle whip after my workouts.
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs

I do use whey protein in all of my shakes, as it is easier to digest...

For pre-workout...

Whey, Oatmeal, Water in a blender. It is hands down the most effective pre-lifting shake.

For post-workout

Whey, Grape Juice (high in dextrose, it is all you need). If you take creatine do it separately with grape juice. Dextrose absorbs really well with creatine, and vice-versa. I also eat a lot of raisins right after I down that. They contain additional dextrose.

I use a blender for both, as it works well. My blender has seen A LOT of action.
    NSCA-CPT.

Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok, thanks...and another question...is it REALLY necessary to take the creatine with grape juice because I'm using cell-tech, and that's pretty high in sugar as it is. And how much of each ingredient in the shake do you use?
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ABC training

Khan, here is a question I got for ya:
    Ever heard of Dr. Squats ABC approach to bbing? If yes, what do you think of the rep ranges and training frequency?
    Also, would you recommend working out bodyparts more than once a week?

I am advocate of eating by intuition. When you're making something you know when enough is enough. You're not going to overdue it.

If you want to be specific about it, usually 8 ounces of a fluid will do.

I don't believe in CELL-TECH, it is a waste of time. You're better off doing what I do. You can do the creatine in it if you want, but personally I do it separate. Eventually when you get off the CELL-TECH then you can start doing creatine separate.
    NSCA-CPT.

Well, I put the creatine in water, I don't use grape juice.
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs

Originally Posted by XPumperX
    Khan, here is a question I got for ya:
    Ever heard of Dr. Squats ABC approach to bbing? If yes, what do you think of the rep ranges and training frequency?
    Also, would you recommend working out bodyparts more than once a week?
    I don't recommend working out body parts more than once a week generally. There are exceptions, but for the general BBers purposes, once a week works best.

I have heard of his approach, but it doesn't have a great reputation among BBers. I haven't done a whole lot of study on it in all honesty. What I do know is that it hasn't produced results that are that great. Will it work? Probably. Are there more effective training methods? Yes.

This isn't surprising considering he is a powerlifter mostly, not a bodybuilder. They aren't related as far as training styles are concerned.

As far as rep-ranges and frequency go, I can't comment as I don't know enough about the training.
    Last edited by KhanPaulsen; 02-11-2005 at 03:04 PM.
    NSCA-CPT.

Originally Posted by Murdok1741
    Well, I put the creatine in water, I don't use grape juice.
    It has been proven repeatedly creatine absorbs best with the simple sugar complexes dextrose/maltose due to the nature of those sugars. They absorb more rapidly into muscle tissue than any other.
    NSCA-CPT.

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks!
    In short, the ABC approach is summarized here:

http://www.drsquat.com/index.cfm?act...e&articleID=86

Basically you take every muscle group, set up an easy, medium and hard workout (A, B, C) and have a different recovery time for each... You hit muscles holistically and train each muscle according to their own recovery time... without really considering secondary work done by supporting muscles, which may be a downside...

Since I am only 19, would you consider it possible that it might be better for me to work muscles twice a week?
    I've done em once a week a lot lately and have started to slow down, so might switching to higher frequency be better?

Well cell-tech already has sugar in it, and its flavored, and I've tried it with grape juice....its really nasty. Maybe when I get off the cell-tech, I'll just get regular creatine. Do you know of any good brands of creatine that I can get for a good price? Preferably something I can get from GNC or VitaminShoppe.
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs