randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

weird chest pain after bench press day

hi guys, i started working out again after a few months and after i had my first chest session ( i took it easy), i experienced a slight jabbing pain in the very right side of my chest when i took a deep breath. It gets worse if i do cardio ( esp running). its kinda a tightness and becomes a little painful when i breath in deep. I can also feel it around the same area on my back ( right behing the right pectoral). I have no problems when im actually doing bench presses or anything else. It starts after the workout and lasts a few days. Does anyone else have any experience with the same problem? let me know what u think it might be.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by randikajamai
    hi guys, i started working out again after a few months and after i had my first chest session ( i took it easy), i experienced a slight jabbing pain in the very right side of my chest when i took a deep breath. It gets worse if i do cardio ( esp running). its kinda a tightness and becomes a little painful when i breath in deep. I can also feel it around the same area on my back ( right behing the right pectoral). I have no problems when im actually doing bench presses or anything else. It starts after the workout and lasts a few days. Does anyone else have any experience with the same problem? let me know what u think it might be.

Considering the timing of it happening after the workout and then taking a few days, it sounds to me like it's an inflamation of somekind of connective tissue, ligament or tendon...

My "Guess" based on what I've learned with my shoulder injury and tendon inflmation... Is that there's some part of your form that is urgonomically incorrect for the make up of your body... And it's causing a tendon, or similar structure to rub on a bone during your workout... And then the inflamation takes a little bit to set it.

Or it's the beginings of some kind of tear...
    Does it feel internal (Inside the rib cage) or external (Meaning amidst the skeletal muscles.)

I would:
    Take a week off from working chest...
    Take some Ibuprophen through out the course of a day...
    Double check your form...
    Then triple check your form...
    Then knock 20 pounds off, to keep your form crisp for a while...
    Then make sure your negative phase of your lift is tight and undercontrol...
    Then immediately after a workout, ice the area for 20 minutes...
    If the problem still persists after a week, definately go see a doc...
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) randikajamai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

thanks

thanks for the response. It feels kinda like heartburn. I dont know if that helps. Like heartburn on the right side of my chest.

SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpamCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stop bench pressing all together. I had trouble with my right shoulder from overexertion on flat bench. Three years later, after therapy and the option to have surgery, my shoulder is still screwed up.
    If you have a body that is sensitive to the restrictions of a straight bar, then you need to start using dumbells for flat press and incline press. I have given up on bench press entirely because, for me anyways, it just became a competition with everyone else in the gym. The guy with the most plates wins sort of thing. Dumbbells give you total freedom of movement and provide, in my opinion, a much better chest isolation excercise.