bHsRassler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training for football and wrestling

Copied this from my thread on Teen Bodybuilding forum:

Last school year I was 5-6 people away from being the worst player on my football team. I'm training hard to get a much better position on the team this yr. A lot of people have left this year(seniors) and I have a chance to be able to play this yr. For wrestling, I know I can do better but didnt give it my all. That was my fault. But to be better this yr I thought it would be best if I worked harder(good idea, huh?) Well, the way I see it is to keep up with everyone at school, and pass them< is to almost overtrain. I've been doing lots of sprints, jogging, distance running, etc. I know I have to improve on just about everything to get a chance of playing this yr and making varsity wrestling. Is it a good idea to push my self harder. I mean I don't want to overtrain. Is this ok? I know if I train everyday I will get better but so many people talk about overtraining then I thought about the marines or armed forces etc. and they train HARD everyday. As part of basic training, they push themselves(the ones that want it) harder than some people do in a whole yr(at my school anyway) would it be ok to push myself to the brink of overtraining in order to be a "new man" on the field and the mat this season?

I really need comments on this too guys!!!

Varsity 130 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wrestling is almost by definition overtraining! You run and lift often and do tons of cardio while minimizing calories. If you do all the exercise but eat lots of good stuff before the season, I think you'll be fine. Just try to keep weight gain at a minimum.

bHsRassler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump...anymore coments

I agree w/ u too varsity.

YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungWilliam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's the off season. You want to be getting bigger and stronger for football and improve your wrestling technique. You can cut during football season and maintain muscle then and cut all the way up to weight certification.

You want to be going to clubs, clinics, camps, tournaments ect. to improve your wrestling. Worry about conditioning closer to the season.

mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mizunoslugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know I'm younger than you, but I've had a bit of success in both sports. Football, do weightlifting and speed training. Also do position specific drills. For wrestling drill moves by yourself if you have to this off-season. Practice with guys bigger than you. I wrestled 125 this year. The only other 125lber sucked, but he left early on most days. So when he would be gone I would wrestle guys bigger than me, so I would be pushed more. If your not doing a spring sport look into Greco-Roman or Freestyle Wrestling.

imwillyoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mizunoslugger View Post
    <b>Football, do weightlifting and speed training. Also do position specific drills. For wrestling drill moves by yourself if you have to this off-season. Practice with guys bigger than you. </b>
    This