Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornAndBred has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How much should a 6 ft tall guy weigh?

How much should a muscular 6ft tall guy weigh? What's the best weight? Currently I weigh 158 and I'm trying to add more weight and muscle. I'm thinking 170 is a good weight, but does anyone know for sure? I don't want to be fat, but I don't want to be skinny either.

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    um.. not all 6 foot guys want to weigh the same thing.. you can weigh whatever you think looks good on you
    b.s. exercise science, nsca-cscs

BigSoup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right, you could go by those archaic tables the government created that indicate that anyone over 200 pounds should be 6'8" or something like that.

I think a better detrmining factor is where your body-fat percentage is in relation to your weight.

Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    158 is pretty skinny

Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm 6'1" and sitting at about 200lbs+, but people usually don't guess that's what I weigh. They'll figure I'm 185 or so.

Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    people have differnt bone densities, and differnt ideas of how big they want to be. Weight is just a number and it really doesn't mean much outside of helping you decide how many calories you need to eat to gain/maintain/lose weight.

Lift, get bigger, and then when you feel that you have reached the size you want to be, start maintaining your size. Nobody here is going to know some magic number that if you reach everyone will universially think you have the perfect body.

Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hoops
    people have differnt bone densities, and differnt ideas of how big they want to be. Weight is just a number and it really doesn't mean much outside of helping you decide how many calories you need to eat to gain/maintain/lose weight.

Lift, get bigger, and then when you feel that you have reached the size you want to be, start maintaining your size. Nobody here is going to know some magic number that if you reach everyone will universially think you have the perfect body.
    i must be big boned then. weigh 185lbs 5ft 8 but i dont look it

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CaV961
    um.. not all 6 foot guys want to weigh the same thing.. you can weigh whatever you think looks good on you
    yep

ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ginch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm the same as jellotree....6 foot and about 200 pounds.....when i tell people i weigh 200 they're like "no way" but I do. when i started lifting two years ago i weighed 165, with no muscle mass at all.....now i'm up to 200....like everyone said though, its different for every person.

Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stormbringer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BornAndBred
    How much should a muscular 6ft tall guy weigh? What's the best weight? Currently I weigh 158 and I'm trying to add more weight and muscle. I'm thinking 170 is a good weight, but does anyone know for sure? I don't want to be fat, but I don't want to be skinny either.
    300-350 would be great...
    ...if possible
    j/k

I am 6ft tall, and I would like to be 190-220+ @ <13% BF
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=381194&page=1[/url]

5'8" - 225lbs - Bulking Big-Golden's Avatar
    Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ginch
    i'm the same as jellotree....6 foot and about 200 pounds.....when i tell people i weigh 200 they're like "no way" but I do.
    Try weighing 220 at 5'8".
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lime Time has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like everyone has said, 200lbs @ 20% bf is not the same as 200lbs @ 10% bf

pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100) pumpkinhole is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't think anyone should rely on tables or charts to determine their optimal weight. I am almost 6'1, and I weigh between 185 to 195 depending on what my goal is. Most of those stupid government tables don't consider that I have broad shoulders and 17 inch arms. I'm much more interested in what the mirror reflects or my bodyfat%. If you're interested in competing, then you have a very valid question and I don't have a clue. My area of expertise is fitness modeling, and it doesn't matter what the numbers are as long as I can be photographed. I use a tape measure, a bodyfat scale, and a full size mirror. And it's important to take pictures as well.

Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chris_Seal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No one can really tell you a certain weight you must be. Just lift, eat, sleep and gain to the point you wanna be and what physique you would prefer to be like.

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It all depends on you, what looks good on you. I'm 6' tall and right now i weigh about 195 but I'm bulking so i have some extra fat. I want to get up to 205, then cut down to 185 but we'll see how I look when the time comes. I think you should worry more about what you look like than what you weigh, unforunately I'm too vain for that .
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts

Saintstrilogy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 6'3 and abit and i'm at about 250lbs, I feel pretty confident about my body. Just going to work on cutting my body fat % and keeping the same weight. So it all really depends on the build of your body, and working with what you were givin.

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)

Hey!

What an old post,yet, relevant to me. I've posted here on this forum many times. I've never really taken the aspect of "Bodybuilding" nor the other terms that references to such activity seriously.
    I'm an aging man at 56 years old and I'm very critical about myself physically! I have no resolutions of any kind for why the sudden interest in getting back to the gym in which I tried to avoid like a pestilence! I gathered my thoughts, hopes, and dreams and stuffed them into my gym bag.

Since my return, I went from 215 lb. @ 6 feet even, medium frame to 240lb. with simply whey, protein, creatine, and BCAA's mixed!
    Two Weeks!
    I try to eat as much as I can within limits of regurgitation!

Muscles feel like the way they were back "In The Day"! I really can't understand this chemistry and I'm going to continue
    until I get "First Place" in something for all my effort! Stay Strong Babies!
    Last edited by Taichichuan; 02-01-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukainadian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 6foot and down to 190 from 250 and still prolly 18-20% bf. Would like to be lean n mean 185-190 10% bf

Redglare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm just over 6 foot and about 185 pounds, but my bodyfat is too high (think I'm roughly 18% or so).

So I'm probably looking at 160ish on my current cut before I bulk. Would like to be my current weight but around 10% bodyfat.
    Everyone is built different, I wouldn't just look at what you weigh.

cut, bulk..... repeat whiskeytango76's Avatar
    whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) whiskeytango76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm almost 6'1" also, started my cut about two months ago at around 212ish with 20% + body fat, carried it all in my gut area (everyone guessed me at about 180) got on the scale last sat was down to 185 with about 13% body fat (now everyone guesses me at about 200lbs, go figure) I would like to bulk then cut again and be around 190ish with about 12 to 15 % bf, but every one is different. Pick a goal that you can be happy with.

Bmouton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

175 for a 6 foot man is very light, man. I am 6 foot and when I started training I was about 155-160 pounds and man was I skinny, I am roughly 200 pounds now and only just started filling out large shirts and what not. Trust me you need to aim for way heavier than 175, even if you are ripped to shreads you will still be skinny. Go heavy and bulk up, if you want to be lighter and more of a skinny ripped guy than you can always cut down.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chris_Seal View Post
    No one can really tell you a certain weight you must be. Just lift, eat, sleep and gain to the point you wanna be and what physique you would prefer to be like.
    This.

Just remember that the normal range of BMI is based on sedentary people with very little muscle mass.

Strength athletes tend to be in the "overweight" or "obese" BMI ranges because they have more muscle mass, even tho' they tend to be leaner than people with much lower BMI.

So muscular weight gain = good.

To gain lots of fat, just overeat for years and don't train at all. Proven to work. That's how you could get to be bigger than two lumberjacks, or one silverback gorilla, without being alpha.

For muscular weight gain, you should think in terms of getting progressively stronger for reps for big exercises over the next few years..........
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Its always Bulking Season CasellaFitness's Avatar
    CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100)
    This thread is from 2005...
    Currently bulking from 205-225

Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BornAndBred View Post
    Muscular at 6ft probably starts somewhere around 190lbs. 6ft 170lbs would be hard to tell if you worked out or not.

cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Floider View Post
    Muscular at 6ft probably starts somewhere around 190lbs. 6ft 170lbs would be hard to tell if you worked out or not.
    Max muscular bodyweight for a 6 foot drug free guy is around 185 lbs lean... and would be great looking.

EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EuropeanHammer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My avi is when I weighed 175, and hovered around 14% body fat, I am currently 182 at 11-12%
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu l Aesthetics l Strength

Its always Bulking Season CasellaFitness's Avatar
    CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100) CasellaFitness is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by cagliostro View Post
    Max muscular bodyweight for a 6 foot drug free guy is around 185 lbs lean.
    Not even close. I'm 205 and still appear to be on the skinnier side. I'm 6'3, but still.
    Currently bulking from 205-225

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cagliostro View Post
    Max muscular bodyweight for a 6 foot drug free guy is around 185 lbs lean... and would be great looking.
    Bollocks.

That is not a max.

That is not impressive.

Look up all the heavyweight boxers who were lean and mean in days of yore. Most of them in the six foot range from the great Jack Johnson on were well over your weight limit lean. And the vast majority of those guys didn't even lift.

If you believe that your max drug free size is 185 lean, then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Could you tell us what BF % you mean by lean?
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Bollocks.

That is not a max.

That is not impressive.

Look up all the heavyweight boxers who were lean and mean in days of yore. Most of them in the six foot range from the great Jack Johnson on were well over your weight limit lean. And the vast majority of those guys didn't even lift.

If you believe that your max drug free size is 185 lean, then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Could you tell us what BF % you mean by lean?
    I believe he means 185 lean body mass not total body weight which is about right based on the different methods of calculation that are around
    You must be bored

cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cagliostro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JMS72 View Post
    I believe he means 185 lean body mass not total body weight which is about right based on the different methods of calculation that are around
    Actually I mean 185 lbs total bodyweight at 6/7% bf. I refer to height /weight ratio (HP) where height in centimeters minus 100 equals weight in kgs. 6 foot is 183 cm, so max bodyweight stands at 83 kgs lean. All the best physiques I could see on forums plateau at this level (people training from years, ripped and fully developed, the only I trust they're 100% natural). Those heavier will just be carrying more fat.
    Look this guy, just one example I found here in bodybuilding.com, he claims 5"10, 170 lbs and 6% bf, . Many years training, 178 cm and 77 kgs, again around HP+0 ratio.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...8025653&page=1

Of course that would NOT be impressive on a fitness cover or bodybuilding show cause we have got used to the size of sponsored physiques. The average juicer carries a minimum 10 kgs / 20 lbs more muscles than the most developed natural physique (a LOT!). Just look a guy like Frank Zane, he weighted 85 kgs (185 lbs) @ 175 cm (5" 9) (HP+10), you'll never get even close to him without steroids. One can pack on 20/30 lbs of muscles IN A LIFE, that's the truth.
    But in real world, at the beach or in a swim pool, a ripped HP is always GREAT looking and everyone will mire.
    Have a look at Alan Aragon's and others' formulas for maximum genetic muscular potential.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html