PUSH THAT SH!T !!!!!!!!!! largosnook's Avatar
    largosnook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Extra calories to gain muscle?

I've read in a magazine that I will have to eat 2,500-3,500 EXTRA calories a week in order to gain 1 pound of muscle a week (up to a point obviously). Is this true at all?

And if so, how the hell am I supposed to gain muscle while losing tubby fat? If I have to take in more calories for muscle but burn more calories for fat-loss, how the hell is this possible?

Thanks

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    yep its true, maint + 500 is the general rule for 1lb a week

if you training is good, diet clean, and you do some cardio, you shouldnt gain too much fat, although you have to accept some fat gain

After searching a little, I'm gonna ask one hell of a stupid question but: Is it possible to turn any of the etra body fat I have now into muscle?

I'm not sure what my bf% is, but im sure its most likely in the teens. Im not WAY the hell over weight so...............any takers on an answer?

Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabrielle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Well, first of all~you won't gain a pound of muscle a week no matter what.
    I hate to tell you that, but we would all be GREAT BIG MONSTERS if that were true!
    Yes, you do have to eat more calories than your body needs to funtion(that part being operative)to support muscle growth~but the lifting heavy part is very important too. As well as good rest and recovery.
    The way it works is that lean body mass/muscle burns more calories than fat~so the more muscle you have, the more efficient your body becomes at burning fat.
    It's the slow and steady road, but it's the surest.
    Keep reading!

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    no you cant covert fat into muscle

Taffer, how much weight did you lose all together?

See, Im confused on what to do, I've posted a few days ago but I dont know, I guess I'm not asking the right question.

I don't know if I should focus on gaining muscle now or cutting down now. My goal is to look good during the Summer months. -big suprise, huh?!

I'm thinking now that if I keep my calorie intake at around 2500-3000 and keep the 40-40-20 calorie breakdown, I will be able to add muscle while staving off the body fat enough to not be chubby during the summer. Am I correct in this? I think this is what a guy in my other post suggested.
    Last edited by largosnook; 02-05-2005 at 09:22 PM.

i've lost about 90-100lbs

you can go a mild caloric surplus and see how you do, you wont gain as much muscle though, but less fat, maybe after summer you can do a full bulk, because you dont have to worry about fat as much (not as excuse to get fat!)

you know even if you gain 12-15lbs from now untill summer, only 5 or so of that will be fat, so its not like you will look like a fat slob