FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My chest is imbalanced, how can I make it proportionate?

My left lower chest is significantly bigger than my right, on the other hand my right upper chest is bigger than my left.
    Right now I'm only doing incline benchpress. How can I make them proportionate?

GorillaGlutes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GorillaGlutes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's a strange imbalance. One pec being bigger than the other is common, but to have one being bigger on the bottom and the other being bigger on the top is odd. Maybe you have a problem with your posture which is making your pecs look uneven?

If your posture is fine, I would suggest replacing inclines with flat bench presses, making sure your form is perfect, i.e. the bar remains straight at all times instead of tilting slightly. This will eventually sort out your general pec imbalance. Then you can introduce inclines again, and as long as your form is good, the upper pecs should become even. It's all about making sure that the bar doesn't drop down. If the bar is even slightly away from being at 180 degrees at all times, eventually your pecs will become imbalanced. Most people end up with the pec on their weaker side being bigger because the bar tilts slightly on this side.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by FearIsGood View Post
    My left lower chest is significantly bigger than my right, on the other hand my right upper chest is bigger than my left.
    How old are you and how long have you been weight training on a consistent basis?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pretty unusual imbalance. Might be a problem in your form in benching (etc.) if you have been lifting for a while. You could try some unilateral DB Presses for a while

FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) FearIsGood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    How old are you and how long have you been weight training on a consistent basis?
    I'm 18, I started first with weighted bags by doing curls and "bag presses" with one hand for each chest (I think that's why lol). Then I've started weight training for like uhh.. 4-5 month, but I started first as a noob, I hited the gym once or twice a week, doing only chest, biceps, triceps and lats.. pretty sure I had a good form. How the hell to balance my chest??

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I'm 18, I started first with weighted bags by doing curls and "bag presses" with one hand for each chest (I think that's why lol). Then I've started weight training for like uhh.. 4-5 month, but I started first as a noob, I hited the gym once or twice a week, doing only chest, biceps, triceps and lats.. pretty sure I had a good form. How the hell to balance my chest??
    Get on a structured beginner program, stick with it, and give it time. See where you're at in a year or two.

Here's one good example:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

FTWTiberius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're impatient, the fastest way to correct this would probably be the following. Get on an incline bench (I prefer 20 to 30 degree) with a dumbbell in each hand. Do sets of presses with your left arm only, the right dumbbell serves only as a counterbalance to keep you from falling off the left side of the bench. Then go to a decline bench and do the same thing, except pressing with your right arm. Both your pecs will grow in the top/mid/lower areas, but they should grow at a faster rate on the upper left and lower right areas.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Inb4 OP is extremely small and this "significant imbalance" is only something that he can see.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Inb4 OP is extremely small and this "significant imbalance" is only something that he can see.
    Yes I'm 5'6, 130 pound , but my left lower chest is clearly bigger than my right even my friend told me about it, however the right upper chest isn't really visible except when I flex.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Get on a structured beginner program, stick with it, and give it time. See where you're at in a year or two.

Here's one good example:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    yeah I'm following Fierce 5 routine but I don't know if I should switch bench press with dumbbell press to balance myself, I'm just going to chose the flat bench and see if it helps, thanks anyway.

ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi I also have muscle imbalance in pecs but mine is due to scoliosis rotating my rib cage. Even in my case it can be (mostly) corrected with form. You have an imbalance do not press weight that requires your form to be sacrificed. I do not use barbells at all I use dumbbells and also like the hammerstrength incline and flat as well as cable flys and presses.

What is probably happening and I can only speak from my own experience is that when you hit the hardest part of the lift your pecs are not fully engaging properly. You are twisting your body slightly, you are muscling it up with the front delt and tricep, whatever. To stop this first pinch shoulders back during the lift and flare your pecs with strong contraction during the lift. If you have hammerstrength flat, incline and decline start doing these but do them one arm at a time. Do not give up dumbbells because dumbbells will work stabilizer muscles better for overall strength. Stop twisting your body during the movements I want your core to remain perfectly still during the press so you press your right side slow and controlled without swinging or moving your body then press the left side and keep going like that. Same thing if you do cables do them at same time obviously but force the body to do them with correct form. Whats happening and again this is just my opinion go see a doctor if you want is you are moving the weight in a "comfortable" way which happens to be wrong because its assymetrical. Sometimes I literally stare at my pectorals and will them to do the work - not my front delt, not my triceps, I literally will my pectorals to do the lift. It helps. I don't like barbells after some injuries I will do them light after other sets as an overall strength builder but especially if you have some sort of imbalance a barbell is going to make it worse whats going to happen is wow my left side is stronger on this barbell press so what happens your left side does more of the work making the imbalance even worse. Yes dumbbells are not as much fun initially they require a lot of concentration and you can't lift as heavy so its not as showy in the gym but if you do them with perfect form they can often shore up these imbalances. Again just my opinion for all I know you have a condition such as I said I have the scoliosis which is semi common so you may want to see a doctor. Good luck. Also do not get discouraged I have gone from 125 to 195 and while I have put on significant muscle the imbalance has not gotten worse in my case.

yeah I'm following Fierce 5 routine but I don't know if I should switch bench press with dumbbell press to balance myself, I'm just going to chose the flat bench and see if it helps, thanks anyway.

.....5'6, 130 pound.....
    Don't "switch" anything; just follow the routine as-written. Eat enough that you see about a 1-pound increase in your body weight each week.

In a year, after you've gained 20 pounds from the above, your problem will have greatly diminished, if not disappeared altogether.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal: