Closed Thread
Page 321 of 333 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,630 of 9986
    mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MJFan1 View Post
    Oh really now?

Free agent OLB Aaron Maybin is expected to decide on a team Wednesday morning.

Maybin's camp has already told the Bears and 49ers "Thanks, but no thanks." The Jets have made a one-year offer, and the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta hears five or six other teams have made similar offers. The Colts and Broncos are two of the teams reported to be involved. According to Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole, Maybin is leaning toward the Jets.

- Rotoworld.
    Yeah, REALLY NOW.
    What is missing from your story is the $$$ dolla dolla (ja rule voice) $$$
    I'm picturing JA offering league minimum and no guarantee that he makes the team...."Thanks, but no thanks."

Do you honestly think the Bears offered him near 750k? and he turned it down.

No one even claimed this guy for any type of pick. He will get signed for the low by a team in the same division (likely Jets) who will try to pick his brain.

Dude is a post celltech bum...Bears dodged a bullet...JA should have never even...

EDIT----Chicago was essentially going to offer him a low-ball, NON-guaranteed deal. That would have been essentially a glorified tryout....Maybin said "no thanks."

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yup, Maybin would've been a bad signing.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I really hope this Gholston signing works out. But I just don't see it. He's not going to get many reps with Izzy and Peppers starting.

mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PaC-mAn8 View Post
    I really hope this Gholston signing works out. But I just don't see it. He's not going to get many reps with Izzy and Peppers starting.
    Depth my son Depth. Wootton is just a constant knee injury and always will be. I hate saying that in a way...but, at the same time I don't...this is the pros.

When you play a position like DE and are just totally plagued by constant knee injuries....you don't just "get better" from that ish....it doesn't happen.

PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mikeditka View Post
    Depth my son Depth. Wootton is just a constant knee injury and always will be. I hate saying that in a way...but, at the same time I don't...this is the pros.

When you play a position like DE and are just totally plagued by constant knee injuries....you don't just "get better" from that ish....it doesn't happen.
    I hope he goes beast mode like he did in college. We will see, been a big fan of his since he was drafted (Gholston, that is..)

Originally Posted by PaC-mAn8 View Post
    I hope he goes beast mode like he did in college. We will see, been a big fan of his since he was drafted (Gholston, that is..)
    Well, I'm more of a fan of Gholston at this point than Wootton even though they have both accomplished zero at the NFL level.

tbh- call me crazy....but I'd be totally down with picking up Limas Sweed. Anything that gets some element of possession receiver WITH speed, is something I like. I'm sure Martz wouldn't use him....but I do want.

When they signed Martz I hated it so much....but Turdner was so bad I was like anybody else will do....Now, I actually like it. B/c while I still think Martz is a tool. The combo of Chicago's nasty D and quirky Martz-fense is totally cool to watch at the least.

Nothing was worse than sitting through Ron Turdner's play-calling....man that guy was so horrible. Being the generation that grew-up playing Madden...I'm just watching this guy like isthisreallife? Notasinglefukcwassgiven about Ron Turner's credentials, I could play-call better than that guy all day. Damn he was so phucking horrible, the game @ Atlanta (two years ago I think) comes to mind. I was there, when they called the same toss play to Pace's side 3x in a row on the goal line....WTF?

***EDIT- I guess speculation is that Sweed's Achilles (he tore and had surgery) injury has just left him a different player. Not sure the burst is still there. I'd still give him a try-out.

TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

See, I disagree. He fukked up his knee in college his junior year I believe, but that was the only issue he's had with it prior to this last injury. Doesn't exactly constitute it being nagging or anything like that.

Well, I'm more of a fan of Gholston at this point than Wootton even though they have both accomplished zero at the NFL level.
    Here, I think ur totally wrong. No, I know u are. Wootton has actually shown promise in the NFL and was solid last year when used in a rotation. He had also drawn praise from coaches this preseason about how he slimmed down and was more cut and was/is poised to make a considerable impact this year. He's far and away better than Gholston at this point in his career, and has at least shown glimpses of being a potential starter and playmaker. Something u cannot say at all about Gholston.

Originally Posted by TrollDattHoe View Post
    See, I disagree. He fukked up his knee in college his junior year I believe, but that was the only issue he's had with it prior to this last injury. Doesn't exactly constitute it being nagging or anything like that.
    Terrible triad dude...terrible triad....I personally don't think this guy has EVER been the same since that injury. This dude tore his right ACL, MCL, and meniscus in the 2008 Alamo Bowl. Now, it's a "meniscus issue" in the same knee.

Here, I think ur totally wrong. No, I know u are. Wootton has actually shown promise in the NFL and was solid last year when used in a rotation. He had also drawn praise from coaches this preseason about how he slimmed down and was more cut and was/is poised to make a considerable impact this year. He's far and away better than Gholston at this point in his career, and has at least shown glimpses of being a potential starter and playmaker. Something u cannot say at all about Gholston.
    I'll give you that Wootton stat line is more impressive than Gholston's (5 tackles 1 sack herp)....who's isn't? But, idk how the knee doesn't bother you. It bothered everybody who pass on this kid, and now his knee is hurt again.

I will say this...if it really is just a meniscus issue, that's good news. But, it never is....terrible triad bro (google if you don't know.) The bottom line is DE is all about explosion off the edge with a very low angle of attack. You can't do it with a bum knee.

Srs- read up on the "terrible triad", people don't just bounce back from that ish....they don't. Especially guys whose whole position is based upon lateral push and leverage. A RB has a better shot at coming back from this injury than a DE.

I like your debate brah....but I think time will tell on this one and I'm 95% sure I will be proven right. I just think BEST CASE scenario...this dude comes back form this...and IF he gets in the rotation in ANY capacity, he MIGHT have one year without a knee injury. This will NOT be his last knee injury....Quote me on it.

TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TrollDattHoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Terrible triad dude...terrible triad....I personally don't think this guy has EVER been the same since that injury. This dude tore his right ACL, MCL, and meniscus in the 2008 Alamo Bowl. Now, it's a "meniscus issue" in the same knee.

I'll give you that Wootton stat line is more impressive than Gholston's (5 tackles 1 sack herp)....who's isn't? But, idk how the knee doesn't bother you. It bothered everybody who pass on this kid, and now his knee is hurt again.

I will say this...if it really is just a meniscus issue, that's good news. But, it never is....terrible triad bro (google if you don't know.) The bottom line is DE is all about explosion off the edge with a very low angle of attack. You can't do it with a bum knee.

Srs- read up on the "terrible triad", people don't just bounce back from that ish....they don't. Especially guys whose whole position is based upon lateral push and leverage. A RB has a better shot at coming back from this injury than a DE.

I like your debate brah....but I think time will tell on this one and I'm 95% sure I will be proven right. I just think BEST CASE scenario...this dude comes back form this...and IF he gets in the rotation in ANY capacity, he MIGHT have one year without a knee injury. This will NOT be his last knee injury....Quote me on it.
    Ok, I'm gonna defer to u a LITTLE bit on this one, because I don't know that much about knee injuries. But I think u may be making this last injury out to be a little more than it actually is. Atm, it's a minor injury that shouldn't cost him any more than a month. I think he'll still be a solid player, that will play a key roll in the Bears DE rotation.

miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) miscaland has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yo, where's the official Chicago thread?

Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Marc936 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

tbh- call me crazy....but I'd be totally down with picking up Limas Sweed. Anything that gets some element of possession receiver WITH speed, is something I like. I'm sure Martz wouldn't use him....but I do want.

When they signed Martz I hated it so much....but Turdner was so bad I was like anybody else will do....Now, I actually like it. B/c while I still think Martz is a tool. The combo of Chicago's nasty D and quirky Martz-fense is totally cool to watch at the least.

Nothing was worse than sitting through Ron Turdner's play-calling....man that guy was so horrible. Being the generation that grew-up playing Madden...I'm just watching this guy like isthisreallife? Notasinglefukcwassgiven about Ron Turner's credentials, I could play-call better than that guy all day. Damn he was so phucking horrible, the game @ Atlanta (two years ago I think) comes to mind. I was there, when they called the same toss play to Pace's side 3x in a row on the goal line....WTF?

***EDIT- I guess speculation is that Sweed's Achilles (he tore and had surgery) injury has just left him a different player. Not sure the burst is still there. I'd still give him a try-out.
    im not a fan of turner or Martz. Turner was so predictable, and Martz is too arrogant to accept that our line sucks and everything must change accordingly. Run the damn ball and do play action/bootlegs. Cutler excelled in that, but Martz would rather be fancy than be efficient.

Originally Posted by Marc936 View Post
    im not a fan of turner or Martz. Turner was so predictable, and Martz is too arrogant to accept that our line sucks and everything must change accordingly. Run the damn ball and do play action/bootlegs. Cutler excelled in that, but Martz would rather be fancy than be efficient.
    Very true...will rep on RC.

Atm, it's a minor injury that shouldn't cost him any more than a month. I think he'll still be a solid player, that will play a key roll in the Bears DE rotation.
    Nothing to see here....these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Nothing to see here....these aren't the droids you're looking for.
    I don't know why u said that, but I smirked (me n my bro say that alot, for some reason)

I don't know why u said that, but I smirked (me n my bro say that alot, for some reason)
    I just picture Lovie saying like that giving the injury report......"nothing to see here, just a "minor" little meniscus problem. He will be 100% in a month."

Riiiiiiight

RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RAMBO316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    these arent the droids you're looking for.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war."

Poena Est Vires In Disimulo. Victum.
    Pain is Strength in Disguise. Overcome.

"I'd rather do something I love badly, than feel bad about not doing something I love"

PheraFLEX + Trenadrol Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108691851

watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000) watup740 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey brahs, I'll be in Chicago Sept 11 for the Falcons game. I'll be the broke dude sitting in the upper level with Matt Ryan jersey. Good luck.

Originally Posted by watup740 View Post
    Hey brahs, I'll be in Chicago Sept 11 for the Falcons game. I'll be the broke dude sitting in the upper level with Matt Ryan jersey. Good luck.
    Sweet. I moved from Chicago to Atlanta at 14, moved to Florida after like 10 years in Atlanta. Anyways, I went to last Bears game in the Georgia Dome...Bears lost a great game, feltbadman.jpg

I saw that Chicago had Atlanta week one at home...but I'm just unable to justify dropping all that money to go to that game. You will have an awesome time bro.

***EDIT*** So, no matter what I'm doing in life, I always try to make it to at least one Bears game a year. Living in Florida (and keeping budget somewhat reasonable) I can usually catch a Bears game between the stadiums in driving distance (Miami, Tampa Bay, Jax, and Atlanta.)

Anyways, saw the schedule awhile back....Bears AT Bucs...YES!!! that's perfect, I can keep the tradition alive and keep budget in check!!!!.....................
    Bears AT Bucs..........IN WEMBLEY STADIUM, LONDON, ENGLAND...FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ LOL, yup..that game is one of the few abroad...LOL.

Semi-good news I guess: Tuck and Umenyiora are out for tomorrow's game. Kinda sucks we can't see how the o-line matches up this time around, but at least it means Cutty won't get killed....hopefully.

kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000) kamocs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Semi-good news I guess: Tuck and Umenyiora are out for tomorrow's game. Kinda sucks we can't see how the o-line matches up this time around, but at least it means Cutty won't get killed....hopefully.
    Tuck playing, Roy Williams already dropping balls oh no.

Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    only preseason, but not too excited about anything from the starters. Defense, blah, offense, absolutely no rythym at all, Special teams, wtf... They pop a couple big plays and thats it, it stops there. Oline a little better, but obviously nowhere near even halfway decent yet. Man it would suck to have another year with a stagnant offense.
    *80 pushups before going anywhere in public crew*
    *manlets who somehow get laid crew*
    *8 mph over the speed limit at all times, no matter what crew*
    *enjoy our shirts shrinking in the dryer so they're tighter around our arms crew*
    *bring a sack lunch to work and throw it away every single time crew*
    *biceps bigger than quads crew*
    *bears, bulls, cubbies, hawks crew*

Roy Williams, I am dissapoint.

Knox playing with 3rd string, wtfisthissh!t?

The o-line looked GREAT last night (well at least by their standards). Cutler had ample time to throw and it showed, loved the big pass plays.

I'm a little concerned with the amount they're playing Marion Barber. I want him fresh for the reg. season. Let Chester Taylor take the beating and maybe he can up his value a bit so another team will trade for him.

D-line looked pretty much atrocious especially rushing the passer, Gholston was nowhere to be found...again.

Special teams was fukking HORRIFIC. I know Lovie Smith will be extra pissed when they go to practice Wednesday. He might even use a curse word.

All in all, I'm not concerned about the final score cuz it's preseason, but the D and especially the special teams need to improve. Offensively, I thought they were solid, but too many drops by the receiving core. The o-line played fantastic tho, IMO.

Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jester78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    im kinda thinking Martz is still in experimental mode in this preseason, seeing what he can get away with. I hope come regular season he resorts back to some dink n dunk passes and more of a running game again. Nothing against the long ball, it did work a couple of times, but there were no quick release passes last night mixed in which I really think are going to be key to our offense having any rhythm with long drives and putting td's on the board
    *enjoy our shirts shrinking in the dryer so they're tighter around our arms crew*

Originally Posted by Jester78 View Post
    im kinda thinking Martz is still in experimental mode in this preseason, seeing what he can get away with. I hope come regular season he resorts back to some dink n dunk passes and more of a running game again. Nothing against the long ball, it did work a couple of times, but there were no quick release passes last night mixed in which I really think are going to be key to our offense having any rhythm with long drives and putting td's on the board
    Yah I have confidence that our offense will look something like that. I get the feeling that they just wanted to get a real good look at our o-line and how they held up in pass-pro (which was very solid).

Yah I have confidence that our offense will look something like that. I get the feeling that they just wanted to get a real good look at our o-line and how they held up in pass-pro (which was very solid).
    exactly, they settled in nicely thats for sure. I'm not even mentioning the defense tho cuz I was kinda in shock at how piss poor they looked. Fuk man i want good things this year, but it always seems theres something not going right. Oline starts looking up, Cutler looked great imo, defense and st's looked like retards out there.

Originally Posted by Jester78 View Post
    exactly, they settled in nicely thats for sure. I'm not even mentioning the defense tho cuz I was kinda in shock at how piss poor they looked. Fuk man i want good things this year, but it always seems theres something not going right. Oline starts looking up, Cutler looked great imo, defense and st's looked like retards out there.
    Not getting on u at all, but remember it's preseason brah, plus Briggs and AA weren't playing. ST will be right where it's spose to be when the season starts. They have a ton of UDFA rookies on ST right now that won't be there when the season starts, so I wouldn't worry about that in the least. As long as this o-line can continue to improve, I think the Bears will be in the playoffs and will contend once again this year.

Not getting on u at all, but remember it's preseason brah, plus Briggs and AA weren't playing. ST will be right where it's spose to be when the season starts. They have a ton of UDFA rookies on ST right now that won't be there when the season starts, so I wouldn't worry about that in the least. As long as this o-line can continue to improve, I think the Bears will be in the playoffs and will contend once again this year.
    good points man, just look how far we got last year with everything in disarray, and just by looking at Cutler, I may be wrong, but im kinda getting the impression he wants it bad (no homo)

Roy E. Williams is such a phucking bum....just dropping everything....he hasn't earned ish and Martz talks about him "catching 70-80 balls"....WTF?

EDIT: Also, Hester getting off-balance for no reason on that BEAUTIFULLY THROWN deep ball = still good play...likely could have been gone, but OK I'll not be a total pessimist, Hester tripping on a sure touchdown route = missed touchdown......Hester stone-hands one in the end zone = missed touchdown.....soniamdisappoint.jpg

I'm really not negative-focused....but the wide receivers are the weakness of this team. Hester and Williams played TERRIBLE.

WHY ARE ROY E. and HESTER THE STARTING WR'S?????

I think Earl and Knox would have made those plays. Yeah, I know "pre-season" yada yada....but WR's HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL, ANYTIME. The game that Hester and Roy E. had last night was terrible....just terrible.

Just CATCH the ball. Can't blame Cutler for these drops....and they were CRUCIAL drops. Hopefully, they will get it together and not carry this into the season.
    Last edited by mikeditka; 08-23-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Closed Thread