RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio on empty stomach in the morning to lose weight?

Hey I have been troubled by this for awhile. What is the best weight to lose fat and retain muscle in the morning?

I need to lose a lot of fat. And am definitely overweight. I know I won't get cut until I start stripping fat off of my muscle.

I read this article and from my understanding in order to counter muscle catabolism you want to take in protein asap.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt88.htm#tips

Any tips or help on this subject is greatly appreciated!
    Rep for post!

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Protein and carbs should be consumed before cardio to prevent catabolism.

RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RYU23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Any helpful supporting links?

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Thanx!

Question

Oh and would skim milk + scoop of ON 100% whey and some Oatmeal do the trick? That's not to much right?

Originally Posted by RYU23
    Oh and would skim milk + scoop of ON 100% whey and some Oatmeal do the trick? That's not to much right?
    No need for the skim milk IMO...

I like just whey and oatmeal.

Talking

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bignbuff again.

Talking

Amazing link man! Tons of HELP!

I realize now that I should be doing HIIT. And I'm gonna be having my oatmeal and scoop of protein as soon as I get up. And post meal shall have 2 scoops protein and a real meal shortly after.

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Skip the carbs before cardio, your body will start burning fat a lot faster when you are low on glycogen, wait for the insulin raise following the whey to drop before you start your cardio since you won't burn any fat with insulin in your bloodstream.

At some point you will have to consider which is more important to you, to keep more muscle and burn less fat or to burn more fat and lose more muscle.

To me fat loss comes first, regaining lost muscle is easier than concentrating on both issues and usually failing miserably.

All is IME from having tried it both ways.

Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justin.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont think you really need to worry about catabolism since its cardio...? correct me if im wrong, but you burn up to 300% more fat in the morning on an empty stomach, because your lacking carbs and calories to use for energy on an empty stomach, so ur body has no choice other than to burn fat. just have a protein shake afterwards or sumthin.

PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerSwede is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Justin.L
    i dont think you really need to worry about catabolism since its cardio...? correct me if im wrong, but you burn up to 300% more fat in the morning on an empty stomach, because your lacking carbs and calories to use for energy on an empty stomach, so ur body has no choice other than to burn fat. just have a protein shake afterwards or sumthin.
    Doesn't matter what kind of excersise you do, aerobic or anaerobic, negative calories always mean catabolism.

Originally Posted by PowerSwede
    Skip the carbs before cardio, your body will start burning fat a lot faster when you are low on glycogen, wait for the insulin raise following the whey to drop before you start your cardio since you won't burn any fat with insulin in your bloodstream.

At some point you will have to consider which is more important to you, to keep more muscle and burn less fat or to burn more fat and lose more muscle.

To me fat loss comes first, regaining lost muscle is easier than concentrating on both issues and usually failing miserably.

All is IME from having tried it both ways.
    So NO Oatmeal before the cardio?
    Just some whey and water?
    But post cardio is oatmeal + protein Ok?

Fire Breathing Fitness Obsession05's Avatar
    Obsession05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=PowerSwede]Skip the carbs before cardio, your body will start burning fat a lot faster when you are low on glycogen, wait for the insulin raise following the whey to drop before you start your cardio since you won't burn any fat with insulin in your bloodstream.
    QUOTE]

Recent studies have shown this to be only marginally effective. Also, you will find that if you eat something small before going out, your performance will be much, much better than with no food in your stomach, which leads to greater fat loss in the long run. A myth!

Unhappy

[QUOTE=Obsession05]
    QUOTE]

Recent studies have shown this to be only marginally effective. Also, you will find that if you eat something small before going out, your performance will be much, much better than with no food in your stomach, which leads to greater fat loss in the long run. A myth!
    Sorry but I'm CONFUZED!

[QUOTE=Obsession05]
    QUOTE]

16 years of experience has shown this to be exceptionally effective.

As i wrote it's all IME and i have tried it both ways. Do you have a link to said studies? It would be interesting to read, thanks.

So NO Oatmeal before the cardio?
    Just some whey and water?
    But post cardio is oatmeal + protein Ok?
    IME that's the way to go if losing fat is the priority.

Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IME that's the way to go if losing fat is the priority.
    What is IME?
    Blah blah

Originally Posted by Desp
    What is IME?
    In My Experience.

Amazing link man! Tons of HELP!

I realize now that I should be doing HIIT. And I'm gonna be having my oatmeal and scoop of protein as soon as I get up. And post meal shall have 2 scoops protein and a real meal shortly after.
    Cool bro...NBD about the reps.