atomicfunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Could someone give me some nutritional adv and excercise tips please?

Hi, I am new to this so am still learning, I was just wanting to know if someone could give me some tips.
    here are my stats:
    age:23, 70kg, too slim but am trying to gain a little weight around 10kg but would prefer muscle gain rather than just fat.

Currently when I work out I get myself quite pumped up at the gym but the problem is that my muscles never stay that big out of the gym or seem to grow, it's only while I'm there that they get big. I can however, feel that I'm getting stronger due to my ability to lift more and more but I'm guessing that I'm not doing something right as far as my diet goes because otherwise they I would see a more noticable difference not just feel it.INW I would like to see noticable gains that actually change my body outside the gym

I currently eat:
    Breakfast:Bowl of oats with banana and semi skimmed milk
    midmorning: cereal bar
    Lunch:Turkey ham sandwich with low fat cheese and mushrooms, 1 banana
    afternoon (b4 the gym): 1 banana, yoghurt and some rice crackers
    Dinner: Pasta and or stirfrys' (varies)
    After dinner: Banana with some yoghurt
    Beverages =Water only usually around 2litres+ a day,or occasionaly some fruit juice.

My gym routine:
    20mins bike
    2-3 sets with a few minutes in between of various machines, covering shoulders, biceps, triceps, pecs, abs.(not huge weights but just enough that I can lift more with each rep)

Currently I am trying to increase my calorie intake as currently it is only just over 1000 calories per day, despite this, I'm never out of energy (touch wood) and can often go to the gym 4times a week, either switching between a cardio class or my bike then weights machines and still manage to get up at 7 each morning but I'm just not seeing my body grow.Maybe I'm going to often despite the fact that I have the energy...

Could I get some feedback and suggestions on my diet and routine?
    Also, any tips on how to get a flat stomach despite being too skinny everywhere else? I do abs almost everyday but and all the cardio classes have paid off on every other aspect of my body except there.

Living in a vacuum sucks forgot password's Avatar
    forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    u need to double your calorie intake or maybe even more.

A fast and easy method to determine how many calories you need is to use your
    total current weight times a multiplier for TDEE.
    Fat loss = 12 - 13 calories per lb. of bodyweight
    Maintenance (TDEE) = 15-16 calories per lb. of bodyweight
    Weight gain = 18 to 20+ calories per lb. of bodyweight

BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

then multiply your bmr by your activity level
    Activity factor
    Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    Extr. Active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or
    2 X day training, marathon, football camp,
    contest, etc.)

Don't do a bike 20 min be4 weight lifting, 5-10 min is enough to warm up.

You need a better wieght lifting regiment cause yours sucks. Read about it cause there's plenty of info on this site in the stickies.
    I drive really slow
    In the ultra-fast lane
    While people behind me are going insane

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10) T_R_S is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yikes! I would die if I eat that little. I weight about 10kgs less then you and I eat over 4 times as much.

You should definitely add more calories to your diet, especially if you want to gain 10kgs.