TommyDAQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TommyDAQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TommyDAQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TommyDAQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TommyDAQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TommyDAQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trouble w/ Lat Pump

I'm having a hard time getting a good pump in my lats.

It seems I can feel it in my lower lats, traps and probably in my rhomboids, but it seems I can never get a good burn going in the width of my lats.

CAVEAT: I'm working w/ a biceps injury by my elbow. I don't know if it's something pulled, torn, or just tendenitis - But, because of this, I can't do pullups.

I've tried doing straight arm pulldowns, w/ heavy weight, but because of the limited range of motion, it doesn't seem to do much.

I do wide grip pulldowns w/ lighter weight (so my bi can candle it). I'm strict about the movement, but, again, I can feel it in the middle of my back and lower lats, but nothing out in the wings (or my imaginary wings anyway).

I'm also doing some closegrip pulldowns, and DB rows.

Any exersice recommendations, techniques or other (non-smartass) suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(BTW, I did see my doc about the arm, he said it's tendenitis, but it doesn't seem to get better no matter how easy I go on it.)

Dylan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try reversing your grip on pulldowns and also narrow it up a little bit. On your barbell rows also reverse your grip. Remember to really squeeze at the end of the movement. Make the mind muscle connection and see your lats working. As far as not doing pullups that sucks that you can't do them. That is a must in a back workout. Goodluck with your lats.