Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I gonna lose fat with this plan?

Alright, I'm 5'8, 167ish, 13-14%bf and I want to get down to about 10% before summer. I've lost about 25 pounds over the last year and I look pretty good now, but I need to get rid of extra fat around my stomach and lower back. I'm gonna post what an average day would be for diet-wise during my cutting I started this week, and then my training plan, and maybe you guys can offer some advice or tell me what results I can expect from this.

Food:

Breakfast- 2/3 cup of oats, handful of trail mix, half a cup of hot milk.

snack- banana or grapefruit

Lunch- Can of tuna w/ tablespoon of light mayo on toast, some carrots and lettuce.

snack - half a protein bar.

(right here is where I usually work out or do HIIT).

Post-workout- Two scoops of protein powder mixed in with a cup of milk and a scoop of gatorade recovery mix.

Dinner- Big salad with a lot of lettuce, a grilled chicken breast, some pineapple, some peppers and carrots.

Over the course of the day: about 6-8 litres of cold water.

This diet varies from day to day but that's pretty typical, calorie-wise I think.

Exercise:

HIIT 3x/week - sprint 100 meters, walk 100 meters, repeat 10 times.
    4k runs - fast paced, usually around 8pm, 3-4 times a week.
    Weightlifting - moderate intensity, full body workout twice a week.
    Yoga- One 1 1/2 hour session per week, in a heated room.

How's it look? Any suggestions/comments? Am I gonna lose fat doing this? I want to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone?... help me out guys

jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerufonix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah, i think you'll definitely lose. maybe try to work some EFA's in there and also some glutamine to help prevent muscle loss. good luck man!

Thanks man... does glutamine really help with preserving muscle? I've read a lot of mixed reviews on it and tons of people here seem to think it's no use whatsoever.

sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you must be in pretty good cardiovascular shape to do 10x100 sprints.

Not being sarcastic, just impressed.

Sammy - thank you... it's with 100m walks in between though, so by the time I have to do another sprint I've usually caught my breath. I've been doing sprinting on and off for the last few months actually, when I started I'd do 5 sprints and be completely dead but now I can usually do 10 before my legs are jelly.

MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks pretty solid. Personally, I don't see the need for milk with your protein shake. Save some calories and try it in water. Howe many grams of protein are you getting? Also, are you taking any supps?

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MusclesFlyers
    Looks pretty solid. Personally, I don't see the need for milk with your protein shake. Save some calories and try it in water. Howe many grams of protein are you getting? Also, are you taking any supps?

The depends on what kind you have. Some taste like **** if you mix with water.

BTW, I don't recommend yoga in a heated room. Muscles become extremly plyable when warm. You have them warmed up too much and you can stretch too far and hurt yourself.
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

Originally Posted by MusclesFlyers

I mix it with water sometimes but it doesn't mix quite as well and tastes a lot worse... I'm trying to get about 160 grams of protein a day, and for supps I'm just taking the whey, a multivitamin, St. John's Wort and creatine.

ps. go Eagles

DP- really? I was always told that when the muscles were heated up like that they were much stretchier and harder to pull.

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Jones,

Summer is still 16 -20 weeks away. You only have to lose 8 lbs to get to your 10%. At that weight, you are going to be very lean (159 lbs). Is that what you want or do you want to look more muscular? If you want to look very lean, go with what you are planning, you should be there in a few weeks.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my 8 week cutting journal. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

FreeRadical- I do wanna look very lean... I've always had extra fat around my middle and it's been driving me crazy, I just wanna get rid of it as soon as possible.

Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah, you'll definitely shred the fat with that plan take your time. Its a while till summer comes by.

MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000) MusclesFlyers is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jones64
    ps. go Eagles
    YEAHHHHH

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you really want to get better results you should change your preworkout meal. get a cub of oats and some whey in there about 30-45 minutes before your workout. your results will be much better.

I appreciate the advice guys... I'll update on my progress after the first week, i.e. this Monday. Thanks again for the tips.