health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The Protein Bar Debate

Hey guys, I know it's best to opt for the cleanest calories as possible - but does anyone have any reccomdations for when you need an energy boost at work.

I try to limit my coffee intake (I love the java), and have a handful of Premier Protein bars here at work - does anyone else have bars for quick snack/energy boosters.

The downfall to the bars I have is they have quite a bit of sodium (460mg) - but hold 30g of protein per bar , 10g of sugar, 9g of fat.

Any suggestions?

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i eat the bars...you just have to accept the fact that you're eating a candy bar+ scoop of protein

the healthier ones are listed in the huge protein bar thread in the Supplements forum:

"VPX zero impact, AST vyo-pro, and Sustain"

health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) health4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Sibrek

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by health4life View Post
    Hey guys, I know it's best to opt for the cleanest calories as possible - but does anyone have any reccomdations for when you need an energy boost at work.

I try to limit my coffee intake (I love the java), and have a handful of Premier Protein bars here at work - does anyone else have bars for quick snack/energy boosters.

The downfall to the bars I have is they have quite a bit of sodium (460mg) - but hold 30g of protein per bar , 10g of sugar, 9g of fat.

Any suggestions?
    Pure Protein bars are my favorite with 32 grams of protein and only 1 gram of simple sugar and 160 mg of sodium
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."

JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JEH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like the ProMax bars, 20g of protein and taste awesome. Oh yeah and they have 190mg of sodium.

I'm going to have to look into those other bars. Like I mentioned - I'd rather have whole foods - but in a bind , knowing it's a better bar that won't go against my efforts is a bonus.

Appreciate the feedback guys

NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I eat the Universl Nutriton Doctor's Carb-rite bars. 20gs of protein, 190cals, and only about 3g's of carbs. Plus they taste really good!

formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you could make your own.. do a search on home made protein bars or protein cookies. basically oats, eggs, protein powder, and a few other misc ingredients.