Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ALEXSTER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Do Supplements really help?

Im thinking of buying a supplement because they sound really cool, yet i dont know if they actually are as good as they appear to be and if they will help me. Im 13, my height is 5'2 i weight 115pounds and I have been workin out since I was 11, are they even healthy for a person my age, if so please tell me which ones I should try.

weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wait until your 15 or 16, for now just buy some whey protein

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeh dude **** !!! u 13 !!!!!! u aint even in puberty properly wait until u makin testosterone period b4 u start takin supps n **** !!!!!

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Too young, don't use them. Supplements only make 5% of your whole success in bodybuilding.

doctorben@cyber-rights.ne BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hell zinc and some whey would be great for him. Kids need minerals and bodybuilders need protein. Buy a tub.
    [email]doctorben@cyber-rights.net[/email]

BigBenn,
    That was a really bad advice. He should get everything from natural sources like fruits and vegetables, not from pills.

BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dude u sayin that he shud take pills to get the minerals kids need . hmmm wud u tell a normal 13 year old who isnt intrested in bodybuilding he needs to take pills to get those minerals hes already gettin from food !!?

BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Jean Schernoff
    BigBenn,
    That was a really bad advice. He should get everything from natural sources like fruits and vegetables, not from pills.
    I have to disagree for once. I recommend children take multivatimins. Supplemented vitamins and minerals are just another safety net to cover possible holes in todays diets. I don't see how some zinc could be detrimental. If you can get twice the rda (probobly need it) from whole food then no, don't supplement.

US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well i dunno...........The most i say THE MOST would be whey, but your new, you don't know the ropes yet so id say hold off and just browse these boards!

i would probably a cell-tech poster boy if i never found this site. hell i used mehtoxy pro!..............lol back in the day!

Originally posted by BB is 4 life
    dude u sayin that he shud take pills to get the minerals kids need . hmmm wud u tell a normal 13 year old who isnt intrested in bodybuilding he needs to take pills to get those minerals hes already gettin from food !!?
    Yes I would, with today's over-refined food, vitamins and minerals are hard to come by. By the way, what kind of health risks do you thing are involved here? Its a mineral.

Multi-vitamins are only recommended for children who have deficiences in vitamins. If he can get the right amount of vitamins and minerals from food, he should forget about extra supplements. Extra vitamins and minerals are not needed in the body. It's like you want to put gas in your car's tank when there is no space.

ok I'm gonna revise, I think maybe the best advice would be to go with a multi. Should be enough zinc in there to keep you chuggin. But eat lots of meat.

Benn,
    You don't want to understand one thing. Minerals in form of pills that are manufactured in factories are not really natural. Manufacturers add their own chemicals into the supplement, they just don't list some them on the labels of supplements so people don't know. If you thought that factories manufacture supplements only from minerals and other natural sources, you should change your mind.

US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Multi-vitamins are only recommended for children who have deficiences in vitamins. If he can get the right amount of vitamins and minerals from food, he should forget about extra supplements. Extra vitamins and minerals are not needed in the body. It's like you want to put gas in your car's tank when there is no space.

well i was taking a flintstones vitamin when iw a sa kid naturally, as were my little sisters.

we even had prescription multi's from the doctor........you know the good tasting ones! I called em candy!

i say kids do not get their minerals so a Damn Flintstone vitmain would be good for this kid!...........im not joking either!

Benn,
    You don't want to understand one thing. Minerals in form of pills that are manufactured in factories are not really natural. Manufacturers add their own chemicals into the supplement, they just don't list some them on the labels of supplements so people don't know. If you thought that factories manufacture supplements only from minerals and other natural sources, you should change your mind.
    no I understand that jean, but I don't see the harm in some cheap safety net.

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

one time i ate a whole bottle of flinstones vitamins and had to get my stomache pumped

jean wot u put was pretty much the exact same thing as i was about to put down ahhh well u know wot they say great minds think alike

Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
    one time i ate a whole bottle of flinstones vitamins and had to get my stomache pumped
    because of iron? Oh and what exactly happens when you get your stomach pumped? What is the procedure?

jean wot u put was pretty much the exact same thing as i was about to put down ahhh well u know wot they say great minds think alike
    great minds spell words in a civilized mannor. wot do u think

weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightlifter45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    jean would you recommend multi-vitamins to anybody, cause im 17 and i take them

hahahahah thast friggin hilarious Bannana..........

When you make vitamins that taste like candy and look like it, then child proof caps can't do nothing to stop yah!

VIVA LA FLINSTONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by US-Marine
    hahahahah thast friggin hilarious Bannana..........

When you make vitamins that taste like candy and look like it, then child proof caps can't do nothing to stop yah!

VIVA LA FLINSTONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    haha hilarious

(from the commercial) "something......something.......and growing!

Originally posted by weightlifter45
    jean would you recommend multi-vitamins to anybody, cause im 17 and i take them
    If you're an athlete or bodybuilder/powerlifter, then yes.

Originally posted by BigBenn

great minds spell words in a civilized mannor. wot do u think
    Hahaha....

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BigBenn

because of iron? Oh and what exactly happens when you get your stomach pumped? What is the procedure?
    i dont exactly remember, i was little then

Originally posted by ex_banana-eater

i dont exactly remember, i was little then

pebbles!!!!!! or would you be bam bam???????

i dont remember reading that under the quote huh i betta take another look at it !!!!!!

and also einstein was sed to by all of his teachers that he was an idiot and he wud amount to nothing but a bum, turns out he was juz bored b coz evrything they were tryin to teach him he understood when he was a child !!! he then became the worlds greatest thinker / inventor of all time.

so when you get over the fact that on here i do not spell with completely correct grammar and english u will realise that the way someone spells holds nothing to how they think or are as a person.

the only reason u picked on that subject is because you have been proved wrong !!!! its a shame
    Last edited by BB is 4 life :); 06-25-2002 at 07:16 PM.

i dont remember reading that under the quote huh i betta take another look at it !!!!!!

and alo einstein was sed by all of his teachers that he was an idiot and he wud amount to nothing but a bum, turns out he was juz bored b coz evrything they were tryin to teach him he understood when he was a child !!! he then became the worlds greatest thinkin / inventor of all time.

so when you get over the fact that on here i do not spell with completely correct grammar and english ( on here ) u will realise that the way someone spells holds nothing to how they think or are as a person.

the only reason u picked on that subject is because you have been proved wrong !!!! its a shame
    haha no I havn't and my point is, save us some time and spell things right. How hard is it to spell what?

and alo einstein was sed by all of his teachers that he was an idiot and he wud amount to nothing but a bum, turns out he was juz bored b coz evrything they were tryin to teach him he understood when he was a child !!! he then became the worlds greatest thinkin / inventor of all time.

so when you get over the fact that on here i do not spell with completely correct grammar and english ( on here ) u will realise that the way someone spells holds nothing to how they think or are as a person.

yes ,we know you really are a nuclear physisist e=mc 2 EUREKIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!