r3volver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

benching with the power rack

The guy I usually lift with went on vacation last week so I haven't had a spotter.

Today I went in to do my chest workout, and I used the power rack so I wouldn't get trapped under the bar like last week :P

But with the power rack my normal routine was way easy, and I was even able to add an additional 5 lbs to what I had planned on attempting this week and finish out the whole set.

Does the power rack make it that much easier? Or was I just not doing it right (not the right form..not lifting the bar STRAIGHT up..etc..)

I'm thinking about just switching to DBs so I don't have a bar to get trapped under.

I've heard they're better anyway...but I've only tried it once, and I don't think my form was right at all.

Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have never had a spotter and faced the same problem. Do you workout at home or a gym? If you workout at a gym someone would most likely help you out if you were being choked by a barbell. There shoulden't be any reason you have worse form just because you are using a power rack. I personally think dumbells are superior to barbells for a number of reasons.
    They encorperate stablizer muscles much more than barbells, the provide a much better range of motion, and they are safe to use without a spotter. Not only that, but I love flys.
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Power racks are great if you want to max out on a bench press or other lifts without having a capable spotter.

I like working on the regular bench though. When I would do a barbell bench press, I found it much more thrilling to do them by myself. You know you have to get the weight up or else it will crush you! What can cause more urgency then that!

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeh i used the power rack b4, i did tn find it all that much easier i juz felt a whole lot safer