ectom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine mixed with hot/boiling water?

Okay, so i just read this

Creatine WILL dissolve in hot water or faster in boiling water. It may start to break down, but only slowly. So as long as you store it in the fridge or take it straight away, it will still work. It did for me anyway.
    Dissolve 5 grams (1 heaped teaspoon) in about a pint of water and drink it gradually throughout the day. Don't take it in the evening or you will be having to get up to take a piss during the night. It is much easier for your body to absorb it if it is dissolved. Try adding some glucose powder to it to aid in the uptake by the muscles. This also worked well for me. Otherwise, take it with grape juice or pineapple juice. It does react with citrus juices. You can handle a little bit more after a work out.

Jon S. (Australia)

Is this true, is it okay, or even better, to mix it with hot water?

Intensity for Immensity LSUAlum2001's Avatar
    LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LSUAlum2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ectom
    Okay, so i just read this

Creatine WILL dissolve in hot water or faster in boiling water. It may start to break down, but only slowly. So as long as you store it in the fridge or take it straight away, it will still work. It did for me anyway.
    Dissolve 5 grams (1 heaped teaspoon) in about a pint of water and drink it gradually throughout the day. Don't take it in the evening or you will be having to get up to take a piss during the night. It is much easier for your body to absorb it if it is dissolved. Try adding some glucose powder to it to aid in the uptake by the muscles. This also worked well for me. Otherwise, take it with grape juice or pineapple juice. It does react with citrus juices. You can handle a little bit more after a work out.

Jon S. (Australia)

Is this true, is it okay, or even better, to mix it with hot water?
    What's wrong with the fast stir and chug method?