Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50)

loosing fat but getting skinny in the face?

I was trying to achieve that 6 pack we all dream of and was getting pretty close (~10lbs away) but I quit my diet since I was getting skinny in the face and started looking un-healthy.

I know you can't control where you loose the fat so I assume there is no way around this?

Thanks, Dave

below is a pic of where I stand
    Attached Images

rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    weird.. most people want to lose fat in their face ASAP and are happy when that fat goes

FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well, I was never fat in my face to begin with (fat in stomach, love handles and chest) so it makes my cheek bones really stick out and I look like a tweaker (no offense to you drugies, lol)

Hardgainer AND Hardloser FrostFox's Avatar
    FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's all in your head. Let it go.
    FrostFox's "Girls run from me because I'm fat" Fat Loss/Strength Gain log ^_^
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3920883
    I'm Back in Business Baby!

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by FrostFox View Post
    It's all in your head. Let it go.

No, I actually had people at work coming up to me telling me that I am starting to look too skinny. My mom and my girl said the same

ugh... seems like I can never hit my ideal goals since there will be a flaw else where. Guess I have to compramise

Registered User razorsedgepit06's Avatar
    razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) razorsedgepit06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by abuwat View Post
    I had the same issue on my first cut. It's because you didn't have a lot of lean mass to begin with. This could be an indicator to go for a clean bulk for a while. If done right, you would continue to lose fat and add lean mass. Don't quit the cardio during your bulk.
    Good advice, clean bulk is also what i would do
    27-Time World Series Champion NY Yankees * NY Knicks * NY Giants

InB4 Location: Florida
    InB4 From: New York

Ya, I was thinking the same... I screwed up last time on my bulk and just got fat, so I was starting a cut again so I could do a clean bulk this time.

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    people look better with slim chiseled features....

get used to it...

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by abuwat View Post
    I had the same issue on my first cut. It's because you didn't have a lot of lean mass to begin with. This could be an indicator to go for a clean bulk for a while. If done right, you would continue to lose fat and add lean mass. Don't quit the cardio during your bulk.
    I agree ...i dont see people with some good mass on them looking like a gaunt tweeker...

But i feel ya..i have the same problem when i go down to a 115 lb skinny fat..i lose all fat in my face...

Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First off, congrats on your results.
    After a three month keto diet, I did lose a lot in my face. Definitely appreciate it more now then how it used to be. Don't have any pictures....happily. I'd only be concerned if you started seeing veins etc, quite visibly, during rest. There is a point when things get too skinny, in my opinion.
    Some people are not fortunate enough in life to ever find something that drives them. I have been fortunate enough to find three things: Working Out, Money, and Rum.

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You look good - good progress man.

About the face - I don't think there is much of a way around it.

Try some facial hair?

I had a good magazine article that told you what kind of styles work good with face types, but I have fogotten it now.

Try some stuff out?

6 pack > fat face

Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cram is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FaintReality View Post
    No, I actually had people at work coming up to me telling me that I am starting to look too skinny. My mom and my girl said the same

ugh... seems like I can never hit my ideal goals since there will be a flaw else where. Guess I have to compramise
    If you feel genuinely uncomfortable about it, then yeah the time will come where you need to choose between overall b/f and your face. Interesting point about the critiques from your girl and mother. Had you not seen them in a long period of time during the cut? I'm surprised they so easily notice if they see you everyday, the basis for comparison would change every day.

Also consider the health benefits of lower bf. I believe the average for a healthy male is 15%, don't quote me on that though. The increase in metabolism from cutting could also help prevent other future issues, such as heart disease/attack etc.
    Some people are not fortunate enough in life to ever find something that drives them. I have been fortunate enough to find three things: Working Out, Money, and Rum.

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cram View Post
    If you feel genuinely uncomfortable about it, then yeah the time will come where you need to choose between overall b/f and your face. Interesting point about the critiques from your girl and mother. Had you not seen them in a long period of time during the cut? I'm surprised they so easily notice if they see you everyday, the basis for comparison would change every day.

Also consider the health benefits of lower bf. I believe the average for a healthy male is 15%, don't quote me on that though. The increase in metabolism from cutting could also help prevent other future issues, such as heart disease/attack etc.
    The sister / mother / friend thing may also be jealous or just - not being used to you.

Post a picture if you want and we may be able to judge if you look 'sick'.. or just ask some good friends man-to-man.

I know a lot of people here mention that their old friends / co-workers mention and ask if they're 'sick' after losing weight.

well, I didn't really look un-healthy, not sure why I said that. People did notice the difference though and started saying I am looking too skinny. Then again, I was 165lbs for a good 5 yrs with no muscle at all, so I was quite chunky as you can see in the pics, in which I lost all that weight fairly quick, so maybe people were just use to seeing me chunky...

well, I didn't really look un-healthy, not sure why I said that. People did notice the difference though and started saying I am looking too skinny. Then again, I was 165lbs for a good 5 yrs with no muscle at all, so I was quite chunky as you can see in the pics, in which I lost all that weight fairly quick, so maybe people were just use to seeing me chunky...
    Exactly..

just cut till your comfortable then bulk up a it..

and then make sure they all see you at the pool or beach or somewhere without your shirt and watch them be envious =P

Originally Posted by derickonfire View Post
    Exactly..

just cut till your comfortable then bulk up a it..

and then make sure they all see you at the pool or beach or somewhere without your shirt and watch them be envious =P

I was pretty happy with the way I looked in the pic above, especially comparing to the before pic which was what I looked like for a good 5+ years. Definately a huge confidence booster. I have just always wanted a six pack, so I figured now is the perfect time (summer) and then I will do a clean bulk till I hit 155-160lbs

I just got done runing 1 1/2 miles and I am beat. I haven't done that since PE in high school...

saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    haha at least you don't get the infamous "vein crown" i've started to get. Typical in most shaved head males. My girlfriend was looking at some recent pictures of us the other day and she said "eww your head is divided by veins on the side of yo head...here, have some more rice and chicken" lol

fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fballer12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my whole basis for cutting is to lose fat in my face

if only we could combine our results..

Originally Posted by fballer12 View Post
    my whole basis for cutting is to lose fat in my face

if only we could combine our results..
    Hah, I am in the same boat.

I HATE my fat cheeks... of course I hate my gut too =P

I don't think I'll ever be rid of my cheeks, but it won't matter when I have 6 pack..

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is quite common. When everyone around you knows you prior to your weight loss, of course they will say "you are too skinny!", "You need to eat!!!" and **** like that because you're so much thinner than you once were. People will especially say that about the face because the jaw line becomes more and more pronounced.

Let people say what they want and keep working hard.

I guess it don't look too bad, I think its just cause they were use to the chubby me, lol... and now looking thru my old pics, I was chubby in the face.

Here is a pic before, and the only decent pic I could find that was taken around the same time as the before/after pics posted above in my first post. You can definately see my cheek and jaw bones are more defined, but I don't really think it looks bad!
    Attached Images

saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    I guess it don't look too bad, I think its just cause they were use to the chubby me, lol... and now looking thru my old pics, I was chubby in the face.

Here is a pic before, and the only decent pic I could find that was taken around the same time as the before/after pics posted above in my first post. You can definately see my cheek and jaw bones are more defined, but I don't really think it looks bad!

dood you look better after...what are you talkin' about? (no homo lol)

resU deretsigeR fkn_give_me_abs's Avatar
    fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fkn_give_me_abs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by saizen View Post
    x2
    i'm a real boy!

PT and Coach - http://www.********.com/sagertrain

Originally Posted by saizen View Post
    ya, lol. I didn't realize how chubby my face was till just looking at that pic. I think it just got to me cause everyone was saying I look skinny, but then again, I do when compared to the before, but not sickly skinny.

Its on NOW! I started my diet this past monday and am running tues and thur along w/ my ECA stack, so I will be down in no time. I am doing the starting strength program mon/wed/fri... my mistake last time I cut was not working out so I lost a good bit of my muscle

souspartacus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) souspartacus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) souspartacus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) souspartacus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) souspartacus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I lost the majority of my weight I did a little google search and found that typically you lose weight in you face first. This is why mothers are always worried when they see their kids with a skinny face. So once again, typically (not always) you lose weight first in your face and last around your gut.

ya, lol. I didn't realize how chubby my face was till just looking at that pic. I think it just got to me cause everyone was saying I look skinny, but then again, I do when compared to the before, but not sickly skinny.

Its on NOW! I started my diet this past monday and am running tues and thur along w/ my ECA stack, so I will be down in no time. I am doing the starting strength program mon/wed/fri... my mistake last time I cut was not working out so I lost a good bit of my muscle
    sick dood go full throttle! yeah those fat burner supps really do work(if used correctly) hehe, i'm messin' with hydroxycut hardcore.

Yeah man, you look freakin great.

Older and more mature, no where even close to meth addict..

Last time I cut, i started off just doing the ECA stack (no diet / ate like crap) and drinking only water and lost 1lb per week, for a good 15lbs drop. So that alone shows ECA definately works for those skeptics... well, atleast for me. Once I started dieting, I was dropping 2-2.5lbs per week, but that might have been a little to much, which is why I lost a lot of muscle. I was happy though since I could finally take off my shirt in public for the first time since ~1997 without feeling self conscience about myself.

I weigh myself every sunday, so I will adjust my diet from there... I am thinking a solid 1-1.5lbs drop per week should be good while loosing no muscle, or is this too fast?

By the way, thanks everyone for the support. much appreciated!

blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueguitar322 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I will agree with the previous comments. You look great! Gives me more motivation, cause i have a similar face shape and proportion (body fat, etc) and I've always wanted a stronger, more defined jaw.

Pyschologically, most people resist change, even if it's good change (and especially if they're jealous of your progress). Give it 6 months and then ask your girl if she wants the old fat Dave back. ;-)

- The other Dave