Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein "cake" recipe

Hey, i invented this cake stuff, prety good tasting, high in protein, check it out. If anyone makes it, tell me how it goes and what you think.

Blend 1 cup CC, 3 tbs peanut butter, and 1/8 cup of milk till good and creamy. Then put in a bowl and mix in 4 egg whites, 2 scoops of protein powder (i use vanilla usually), 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tbs baking powder. Then add some splenda, not sure on exact amount, just till it tastes a lil better, and if you want, some cinnamon. Bake for about 35-40 mins at 275.

Makes 4 servings, each serving has about:

234 cals, 26.5 grams protein, 17 grams carbs, 7.5 grams of fat

RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok, i know im being stupid, but what is one cup CC?

Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifter450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cottage cheese, sorry for the abbreviation. I seen other ecipes for protein bars, and these, i beleive, are much more convenient, because they dont melt or fall apart.

RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh ok ... Thanks for posting the recipe... definately going to try it!!

Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I remember correctly, protein denatures when heated up, so whatever protein you put into it in the form of whey will be rendered useless.
    "With all that I am, I will lift my voice to start this revolution: it starts today and it starts with me"

"The more you sweat now, the less you'll bleed in battle"

Olen rep takaisin.

I dont beleive so

There may be some degrading, but i dont think that the protein will be totally redered useless. There is no way to actually test it tho, so, if you have some proof, i would liek to see it.

i did some research, and...

You are right, high heat does denature the protein. make an icing out of protein and cottage cheese and splenda, and leave it out of the recipe. The you solved the problem

1 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate protein, few spoons of splenda. Blend all together. Cut cake in half and spead in center, then put back together and spread rest over top. Then pop in fridge. Dont freeze, cuz apparently, that will also denature the protein
    Last edited by Lifter450; 01-31-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trigger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Lifter450
    You are right, high heat does denature the protein. make an icing out of protein and cottage cheese and splenda, and leave it out of the recipe. The you solved the problem
    In that case why not just Get a regular low far sponge cake and put your protein icing on it.

Infact, why not scrap the spenda... and just drink a shake of whey with milk.

Good effort, but seems like little pointless. Stick with none-cooked home made MRP bars if you need them.
    "Bodybuiling is a Marathon, not a sprint"
    "If God gave me bad genes... I kicked God's ass!"

Yrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you think happens when you cook eggs or meat? Protein denatures, and that's why transparent food items turn opaque after cooking. The proteins denature and tangle up, allowing less light through. Denature simply means the proteins unravel from their folded conformations. I've seen so many people make this mistake on these forums it's incredible. The amino acids are still there, in fact, the entire proteins are there, just in a different shape. What do you think happens in your digestive tract anyways? You don't absorb whole proteins through your small intestine. They are broken down into the component amino acids in your stomach first, so it doesn't matter what shape they are in to begin with. Let me repeat, DENATURED DOES NOT MEAN DESTROYED.

Not pointless...

Its not pointless, this give you 3 sources of high quality protein thats easily portable. This also gives you al ittle change up with what your having. I eat it before i go to bed, and it doesnt taste great, but better than a nother chicken breast, ro 10 egg whites. If you dont wanna use it, dont, but dont dismiss it as pointless

Are you saying all the protein mixed in the recipe is still there?

BTW :: http://www.muscleweb.org/forum/showt...?threadid=1282 This guiy says its fine to cook with Whey

Anyone tried it yet?

iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wtf peanut butter?
    reminds me of the beef custard cake from the TV show friends

adharman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) adharman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile protein bars and protein icing

Hey guys...I developed a protein bar and icing which I've been marketing for about 18 months now in OP, KS. It's gone really great. I competed until a few years ago. Check out my website www.CreativeProteinBakery.com. The baked goods are difficult to ship very far but the baking mix is simple to ship.

C4. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll give it a go, sounds tasty.
    I've tryed quite a few protein bar/cake recepies and tbh, i love them, tasty, conveneint and nutritious.
    5"11'
    8%BF

WS4SB
    Squat - 315
    Bench - 200
    Deadlift - 325
    Broad jump - 8" 6'
    Vertical - 27"

haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) haseeb981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Denatured protein is Not a Problem

Hello BodyBuilding.com Readers!

I have read what was written in this forum regarding denatured protein and it being not effective. I would like to comment that denatured protein is still effective for your bodybuilding and muscle building needs. The human body denatures and reduces all complex protein to it's individual amino acids and then uses these smaller building blocks to build your muscle, or uses them to create protein-based enzymes or for other cellular functions. There is no problem with the protein after baking it. Unless a cake is burnt until it becomes charcoal or ash, I don't see a problem with the body using the denatured protein in a baked protein cake recipe.

Hope that this helps to clarify some confusion!
    -Haseeb

Registered User sumitsolanki2006's Avatar
    sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumitsolanki2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down Protein never Degenrate @ higher temp..

Protein never degenrate at high temperature...
    If Iam wrong , Then Why People are eating boiled egg white, omelete...etc?????
    Protein never degenrate until unless it may get converted into a carbon(I mean if u burn the egg under the flame..)

Its all bull ****, as a Doctor I must say protein never degenrate....Although vitamins and minerals may get effected at higher temperature..

eating raw eggs must b avoided at it contains lots of bacteria which prevent complete protein absorption in the intestine.

regards
    Dr. Sumit Solanki

schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10) schulerdoish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WOW, THIS IS SAD.
    When a protein is denatured, NOTHING CHANGES. There is no effect on the amino acids. And that is all that matters.

Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marco90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    strong bump

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This recipe doesnt seem wet enough to mix, did it work out OP?
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

kruunk1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lifter450 View Post
    Hey, i invented this cake stuff, prety good tasting, high in protein, check it out. If anyone makes it, tell me how it goes and what you think.

Blend 1 cup CC, 3 tbs peanut butter, and 1/8 cup of milk till good and creamy. Then put in a bowl and mix in 4 egg whites, 2 scoops of protein powder (i use vanilla usually), 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tbs baking powder. Then add some splenda, not sure on exact amount, just till it tastes a lil better, and if you want, some cinnamon. Bake for about 35-40 mins at 275.

This is great! I was just looking at my vanilla protein powder and thought "I wonder if you can make a cake out of this. If someone hasn't already done it, I will try it."I looked it up and what do you know? I found it! thanks, I'm trying this.

CallMeCharlie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Thank You!

Originally Posted by Yrat View Post
    What do you think happens when you cook eggs or meat? Protein denatures, and that's why transparent food items turn opaque after cooking. The proteins denature and tangle up, allowing less light through. Denature simply means the proteins unravel from their folded conformations. I've seen so many people make this mistake on these forums it's incredible. The amino acids are still there, in fact, the entire proteins are there, just in a different shape. What do you think happens in your digestive tract anyways? You don't absorb whole proteins through your small intestine. They are broken down into the component amino acids in your stomach first, so it doesn't matter what shape they are in to begin with. Let me repeat, DENATURED DOES NOT MEAN DESTROYED.
    Some ppl just don't understand the biochemistry of macronutrients! As I was reading each post i was hoping some one knew what denature actually meant. Denaturing of a protein = Tertiary structure to secondary structure to primary structure, which is simply amino acids in a chain.

CallMeCharlie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lifter450 View Post

Thanks for the recipe, Will have to try!

rrrrritchie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this thread is donkies old but I have been refining my protein cake recipe and feel it's at a very good standard currently so here it is

My protein flavour of choice is cookies and cream

5 scoops of powder
    2 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    6 tablespoons of porridge oats
    25 grams of crushed plain cashew nuts
    I sachet of baking powder
    A tablespoon of high quality peanut butter
    2 teaspoons of splenda or some other sweetner
    2 bananas sliced
    Handful of berries (I like to use blueberries)

Blend everything but the bananas and berries together until smooth, you may need to use a drop or two of water to aid in the blending process as depending on which way you add the different ingredients you could end up with a soggy bottom and dry top....
    Once the mix is smooth mix in the bananas and berries and then either scoop into muffin pots or a cake/bread tin...
    Put into middle of pre heated oven (I cook mine at 190)
    And cook for about 25mins, allow to cool completely before eating, in fact I find the taste improves over the following days, store at room temperature in tupperwear

1511 total calories
    38 total fat
    258g total protein
    138g total carbs
    13g dietary fibre

I tend to bake in one solid mass using a bread tin this way I can cut it in equal pieces and get a better grasp of what's in each piece,
    8 pieces will work out at
    188calories
    4.75g fat
    32g protein
    17.25g carbs
    1.6g dietary fibre

my protein powder per scoop is 40g of protein
    150calories, 7.6g carbs amd 0.7g fat so adjust as Necessary for your own powder

HOPE YOU ENJOY

turfiside is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is difficult for me to invent recipes myself! Therefore, I always trust the professionals! If I need a good recipe, I watch this blog! Here are only the best and most delicious recipes!
    Alissa Day Blog- alyssadaycooking.blogspot.com
    Last edited by turfiside; 07-28-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: it is wrong