Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Astounding Three Day Workout For Mass!

Are you frustrated with your current workout? Have you been at the same weight and same strength for months... or even years? Are you tired of following "Ronnie Coleman's Super Freak Workout For Juiced-Up Psychos"?

This article will show you what real natural bodybuilders do to gain mass in as short as time as possible… all without lifting weights more than 3 days per week. Let's get to the workout...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

Wouldn´t it be better spiliting upper body and lower body, hitting only one bodypart a week? At least that´s what HIT philosophy advocats rigth? And isn´t one single day a short time for the muscle recover completly?

AC_GI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A little confused

After reading this article I have found myself second-guessing my work out routine. What is written in this article sounds much more fun than waiting a week to train a body part. Any comments from experienced bodybuilders would be appreciated.
    AC

CHSstud2k5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your body cannot possibly repair every muscle in your body in just one day. its impossible.

travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) travis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hmmmmmm....

Oh no!
    This has got to be the worst training program I've ever read! Who thinks that you can work every body part for only one exercise, risking injury and then work everything again after only one day off? No big natural bodybuilder uses this program.

Volume training works. This is tried and true. Basically, you work all your muscles in a 4-6 day span allowing for intense body-part specific workouts and allowing for ample recovery. I personally know some of the biggest natural bodybuilders...guys who have won competitions here in Boise and others I know through acquaintances. Mark Tilden, Todd Opheim and Lance Sganzini train with volume and do body-part specific workouts. They are 100% natural and HUGE! To read about their recent head to head competition smackdown check out this article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/smackdown.htm

Another example is Travis Wojcik. He won the Muscle Mania Natural World Championship, in 2000. You don't win a competition like this with a full-body workout every other day. He eats like a horse and trains with volume splitting the body into 4 days per cycle, which is 2 on, 1 off.

I have personally gained 25 pounds in the past two months consuming tons of protein and training on a 6 day per week split (one day for each body part). (And by the way, my biceps do get worked more than once per week...they get worked big time on back day, just as shoulders get worked on chest day and so on...) Give the 3-Day Mass workout a try, then get back to some real training and make some great gains!

Travis

Mr. TK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Good Article

The info in your article agrees with Body For Life and many other fitness experts. I do, however, work more days of the week and concentrate on less muscle groups in those days. I think this gives me plenty of time to recover. I do want to keep this post on the positive side. This program may have worked for you but I feel I need a little more rest if I am going to work 'till failure on specific muscle groups. Consider resting more.PEACE.

Tyler
    Mr. TK

admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used this program and gained 20 lbs in a two month period. I have tried volume training, split body part training, training two times per day, six days per week... tons of programs over the last 8 years. Once I switched to this program I immediately started gaining every single time I went to the gym... it was insane!

Travis says in the post above says:

"Who thinks that you can work every body part for only one exercise, risking injury and then work everything again after only one day off"

Then he goes on to say:

"And by the way, my biceps do get worked more than once per week...they get worked big time on back day, just as shoulders get worked on chest day and so on."

So basically he says that you will risk injury if you work your biceps after only one day off, but he says that he does the SAME thing by working his biceps at least 3 times per week (indirectly or directly). ???????

Some people react better to HIT, some react better to volume training. Try both and see what works best for you. Most people haven't tried anything but split body part training (like the bodybuilders mentioned above) so they don't know whether they would gain more, the same, or less from a HIT style program!

Many of us go to the same gym for many years. It is amazing that SO MANY of the people you see there day-in and day-out look the same every year. They never grow or change! Almost all of these people use split bodypart training as it is the "normal" training routine. If volume/split training works so well, why are the majority of gym goers not gaining?

There are literally THOUSANDS of big natural bodybuilders who use this style of training for the best results. Many of them are on this message board everyday!

Genetically Gifted Big Daddy Shane's Avatar
    Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldn't follow this routine because I don't want to tear a muscle or overtrain.
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000)
    To the Admin. You gained 20 pounds in a few months. What was your diet like? Did you use any supplements and if so which ones?

I've done blast your bench style programs where you hit your chest 5 times per week with a two day break over a three week period. I gained around forty pounds in my one rep max. So my body handled that workout for a three week period without a problem. I didn't overtrain. I'm 31, ate 3,000 calories, took multi-vitamin, Vitamin C, B complex and Dessicated liver. If I had done that program with prohormones, I may have tacked on another 10 to that. In fact plan on trying it later this year.

I'm not saying that the workout is good or bad. I just think people put to much emphasis on "overtraining". The body can take quite a bit. Chances are greatly improved with proper nutrition, sleep and some supplements (or steroids, but that changes the rules a bit).

Come on. Any of you guys been through basic training, or advanced training like Airborne, Seals, Ranger training know that you can certainly push your body.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Sometimes, Preliminary Research makes sense..... ---> A search is a terrible thing to waste!

AC_GI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Basic Training/over training

"Come on. Any of you guys been through basic training, or advanced training like Airborne, Seals, Ranger training know that you can certainly push your body. "

After basic training I lost 10 pounds of muscle. I could do more push ups before basic than I could after basic. Over training is real. I lost a total of 30 pounds during basic. Basic made me weak. The emphasis on this kind of training is to turn you into a "Cardio Monkey." Yeah, just what I wanted to be... some skinny marathon freak. After basic I hit the gym and gained my hard-earned muscle back. I don’t think basic is a good example for convincing a bodybuilder to downplay over training.

ARMY 1995 – 1999 SGT
    AC

Very good article

I used a split training system for years and years and got little results. Then I began cycling my training. 12 weeks on a four day split and then 12 weeks on a program like this one, where I would work my entire body 3 days per week using only compound movements. my diet during the first 12 weeks was like this article and the second twelve weeks was much like a precontest diet with moderate carbs. I saw more results in 24 weeks than I had in the last 3 years of training. Trust me it works!

Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Basic Training/over training

Originally posted by AC_GI
    [B... I don’t think basic is a good example for convincing a bodybuilder to downplay over training.

ARMY 1995 – 1999 SGT [/B]
    Alright I'll give you that. I was a skinny thing going into basic. I gained 20 pounds. I guess my point is simply that I see so much from people afraid of overtraining. I really doubt it.

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Sometimes, Preliminary Research makes sense..... ---> A search is a terrible thing to waste!

fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i gained 5 pounds in three weeks doing this program, and I have been lifting intesely for 3 years. Not only that, but my strength went through the roof. This is much better than volume training! Also, 3 days a week is not too much. Believe it or not, your body is more resilient that you think. Otherwise, how do you think athletes in hard sports like gymnastics and wrestling and distance running would be able to practice intesely for several hours a day, 6 days a week, without grossly overtraining?! This program works, and don't knock it till you try it.

fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    by the way, i take no supplements whatsoever, including proteins, vitamins, etc, and i am not especially genetically gifted. This program does work.

Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000)
    As of monday, I'm starting a 3 day whole body workout which I'll mix into my training every 5 weeks or so. But my whole body workout will consist of;
    Bench press 2-3 sets
    Squats 2-3
    Bentover rows 2-3
    shoulder press 2-3
    deadlifts (either bent or straight legged) 2-3
    close grip bench 1-2
    barbell curls 1-2 sets
    I'll let you guys know how this workout goes.
    Peace.
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

Question

Too confusing...

Everyone comes up with different ideas, and even calling them the same : HIT program or whatsoever.

I am a beginner(only 1 year) and i had tried these all. It was a waste of time trying volume training, being a natural bodybuilder without steroids.

I think the best program on this site is the HIT program written by John Stamatopoulos. He says every detail in his article and it does work.

I have been using his program for 3 months and i have gained 20 lbs(very low body fat).

This program is supposed to be HIT, but it is not even close to John's program. It is against all the ideas like "recovery time is at least 48 hours, have to change the exercise for the same muscle every week(alternating exercises)".

I dont know, this might work for some people such as the writer himself.

I wished you guys at bodybuilding.com came together and developed a training program.(instead of all different workouts)

regards,

Erhan

Erin,
    That would be awesome if there were just one. HIT seems to work for some people as volume training does for others. I've been working out for a little over a year and still consider myself a beginner. So far I seem to respond well to volume training. I'm 31, my test isn't as high as it used to be and I don't do much in the way of supplements. I haven't given any HIT program an honest shot and couldn't really say anything positive or negative about it. I do know however that the human body is quite adaptable. To the program listed above? I don't know. The admin and a few others say they got results from it. You can't deny that.

By the way. Go ahead and join. Lots of good advice and people here.

Today I did my first whole body workout being;
    bench 3 sets
    squats 3 sets
    bent over rows 2 sets
    dumbell shoulder press 2 sets
    bent legged deadlifts 3 sets
    close grip bench 2 sets
    barbell curls 2 sets

It was friggin intense! I'm sore all over, but I can't wait to do the same thing on wed and friday. I'll keep u guys posted on my workouts.
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000) blinkboy99 is just really nice. (+1000)
    do u think its better to hsve mult set or just 1? the workout says just 1

Originally posted by blinkboy99
    do u think its better to hsve mult set or just 1? the workout says just 1
    I didn't follow the same workout, I don't agree with it personally. Things like doing shoulder press before bench press, just don't make sense to me.
    I made the routine I followed up myself. Took an hour exactly.
    I did three sets on the powerlifting exercises, 2 sets on the other compound exercises.
    I'm going to be sore in the morning!
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

Big Daddy,
    How long do you plan on doing the workout before taking a week or so off? Do you have a starting b/ % and weight documented?

In addition to that what will your caloric and supplement (if any) intake look like?

Sorry for the 20 questions bit. Take care signed,

Aunty Jack

Listen

An excellent program for those of us on a strict time schedule. However, I train 3-days a week - day to day (Mon, Tues, Wed) because of my job schedule. Even though I don't get a full day's rest in between days, is that exceptable? I mean, I'm only 130lbs, and am not strictly aiming to be the "biggest" there is. Just up to at least 150lbs for now, and then see if I should go bigger. I started training last week for my first session using the "full volume" or whatever you call it. It's really to early to tell if there was any huge results-it was only two of the first 3 days! I guess to some respectable avail (considering it being 2 days) it paid off. However on Wed. I just went all out, training every muscle on my body. Doing 3 sets on each body part and again today. Needless to say that paid off well also, if not better. Anyway, of course I'm too early in the game to be giving anyone advice on their routine - However I will say this applying to all:
    There is only wasted energy in debating which two routines are better, when there are hundreds of other ones out there. You saw it yourself when I said I worked out 3-days straight, working every single muscle. It works for me.(well at least for the moment.) Do whatever works best for YOU and don't be scared to try different routines every now and then. I don't care how much muscular you are than the next person, but if that person can ADAPT to any program and you can't, than who's the one really sporting the crown?

Originally posted by Fudog1138
    Big Daddy,
    How long do you plan on doing the workout before taking a week or so off? Do you have a starting b/ % and weight documented?

In addition to that what will your caloric and supplement (if any) intake look like?

Sorry for the 20 questions bit. Take care signed,

Aunty Jack
    I'm doing the three day whole body workouts one week every five weeks. I don't count calories, but I eat atleast 5 usually 6 meals a day, all with aprox 40g of protein, and I eat a **** load of carbs and fat (ie olive oil, peanut butter, egg yolks).
    My weight is 108kg, I'm 6'3. I'm not huge by any means. My arms are 16.5 inches.
    As for supps, I use protein powder, multivitamin, and dissecated liver tabs.
    BTW, it's Tuesday here, and I'm so sore all over. I'll see how I feel in the morning. I plan on sleeping 10 hours tonight (9 hours last night). If I'm still sore tomorrow, I'll drop intensity by about 10% for tomorrow's workout.
    Peace bro
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

carlito007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up keep it up

Hey Big daddy, please keep up your logs...I'm very interested in finding out how this workout program works for you! thanks for your dedication to posting your results!

Bump.
    Where ya at Big Daddy Shane?

carlito007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question ??

Was I at big daddy shane? what do you mean?

VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VENGEANCE_X is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking great

This workout is so much better than working 1 muscle per day. If u eat right and get enough sleep 1 rest day is enough for your muscle to recover. Why would u wait 7 days to work your muscles. Besides you rest on the weekend so recovery should be no problem.

filmstarkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With the 1 body part per day workout, I didnt like how we leave it 7 days till we work it out again. even after training really intensely, after 2 days i wouldnt even have any soreness. I'm starting to get addicted to the pain. its a good pain, and it feels good with the adrenaline and endorphins up. Im not using L-Glutamine so during that 7 day break my body is breaking down my new muscle and using that as fuel. This full body workout seems to make sense because as long as you're eating right, and using enough weight to goto absolute failure on each exercise, u should get results. Your body will constantly be growing, not shrinking while its waiting 7 days to work again. this plan shocks all muscles into growth without a break. im gonna try it for six weeks, and if im really hurtin, i'll take a week off and shock it into growth again with the old Mon-Chest,Should,Tri Wed - back, bi Fri- legs, abs routine. I hope to gain at least 10 lbs using this full body routine for 6 weeks, then i will be at 160. I'm 5'8 1/2. so after 6 weeks i hope i notice a considerable difference in looks.

filmstarkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so has anyone amde progress with this workout? anyone tried it. it seems to b workin for me.

Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Re: Basic Training/over training

Originally posted by AC_GI
    "Come on. Any of you guys been through basic training, or advanced training like Airborne, Seals, Ranger training know that you can certainly push your body. "

After basic training I lost 10 pounds of muscle. I could do more push ups before basic than I could after basic. Over training is real. I lost a total of 30 pounds during basic. Basic made me weak. The emphasis on this kind of training is to turn you into a "Cardio Monkey." Yeah, just what I wanted to be... some skinny marathon freak. After basic I hit the gym and gained my hard-earned muscle back. I don’t think basic is a good example for convincing a bodybuilder to downplay over training.

ARMY 1995 – 1999 SGT
    BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! Excellent point there!
    http://www.angelfire.com/ego/gethuge

"He that teaches us anything which we knew not before is undoubtedly to be reverenced as a master." - Samuel Johnson