Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ok 4 weeks into this program and let me tell you its awesome! I hated it for the first two weeks. I told myself I would force myself to do it for a month and I added second set to failure at about 4-6 reps. Now I wake up before my alarm because I cant wait to wake up to do this workout. I am constantly breaking through plateaus on a weekly basis. The workout log helps me a lot too, it guarantees no wasted sets. I highly recommend doing this workout and give it at least four weeks and you'll love it too. I used to hate squats now its my favorite exercise and its so hard to limit the sets I do.

squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by John1224 View Post
    Ok 4 weeks into this program and let me tell you its awesome! I hated it for the first two weeks. I told myself I would force myself to do it for a month and I added second set to failure at about 4-6 reps. Now I wake up before my alarm because I cant wait to wake up to do this workout. I am constantly breaking through plateaus on a weekly basis. The workout log helps me a lot too, it guarantees no wasted sets. I highly recommend doing this workout and give it at least four weeks and you'll love it too. I used to hate squats now its my favorite exercise and its so hard to limit the sets I do.
    I love the log entries, great work .
    Strongman/Powerlifter

Height - 5' 6"
    Weight - 237#

Squat , Squat and Squat , and when you are so sick of Squatting you wanna puke . Go puke and Squat some more.

Alvaro3663 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    About working to failure, you said: "Once you reach your last rep, you should not be physically able to do another one, no matter what."

Not able to do another one in how much time? When I work to failure doing 1 set of 8-10 reps I can usually do 2 or 3 more reps of the same exercise after a 3 minute rest.

tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tuian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So without reading 17 pages, what do the more experienced people overall think of this?

John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Update

Originally Posted by squatmonster View Post
    I love the log entries, great work .
    Thanks bro!!

Quick update, still going strong! Still no real plateaus for me on this program. I love it. I'm still doing two sets instead of just one and Im seeing a real difference. So if you are thinking about doing this, try it and fully commit to a month of it. I'm 6 weeks in and I've never had so much fun lifting weights. Squats are my new favorite exercise. I cant recommend this program enough.

angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angeldevil is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by John1224 View Post
    Thanks bro!!

Quick update, still going strong! Still no real plateaus for me on this program. I love it. I'm still doing two sets instead of just one and Im seeing a real difference. So if you are thinking about doing this, try it and fully commit to a month of it. I'm 6 weeks in and I've never had so much fun lifting weights. Squats are my new favorite exercise. I cant recommend this program enough.
    What are your results in terms of strength progression and size/mass gains?
    We avoid risks in life...so we can make it safely to death.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

I rep back 400+, just write 400+

5/3/1....Go!

Originally Posted by angeldevil View Post
    What are your results in terms of strength progression and size/mass gains?
    Unfortunately bro, I didn't measure anything but i pass the eye test after doing this for 8 weeks only. Family and friends notice the difference right away. Just give it a shot, you may love it too.

wtf with the junk on this? delete?

WolfJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just did day 1 yesterday. Here are my comments:

It took me 35mins with plenty of time in between for small water breaks. If it takes you 45mins you are really take your time.
    I did not have a spotter so it's hard to push 110% on some of the lifts.
    I am a bit skeptical but I will give it my full commitment for 5-6 weeks.

I am worried about abs not being enough, and lower back.

Maybe I will do my whole ab routine in addition, and maybe throw in some dead lifts.

I think the reason why I wasn't challenged is because I was not forcing with enough weights (it's day 1, so I recorded all my weights and def by next week will have a better idea on what weight i can lift.

When I did squats and the leg extension back to back with weights i am really familiar with, I got the biggest burn ever. So with my adjustments I will comment back. I think the key is to go to full exhaustion.

icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For those who dont want to read every page, I'll sum it up.

I've read every post in this thread.

The ones who tried it got positive results. Exception is the odd injury or two but you cant blame the program for it.
    Some "experts" expect it to work based on the science of it.
    The ones who say are bad generally seem to be narrow minded and refuse to try it.
    Most modify the workout somehow, replacing some exercises, and changing the order.

I will be trying this with detailed log next week.

Question to those who have done it, how long did you do it for and what did you do after? Did you just change some of the exercises or did you go on to a new program?

Thanks.

update

quick update, don't know if anyone cares but here it is. So i did this workout for 11 weeks and got completely burned out with it. After this I did a normal split routine with much more work for each body part and many more reps for them. I did that for about 3 months, then i went back to do this one for about a month or two. Anyways, I used my journal to see where I left off as far as weight per exercise. I noticed a considerable drop off!! As much as 20lbs per exercise! So in other words this routine is very effective and better than my old split routine.

CreatineKreatur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys, just started this today. really tiring and got my heart going like crazy. loved it though.
    Will try and post updates in the next couple weeks to add my experience to the thread.

mufasa

Starting lifts (the "big" ones anyway):
    Squats 255x8
    DL 305x5
    BB Bench 185x5 (yeah I know it sucks, there's a reason I'm switching programs lol)
    Pullups 8-10 normal grip, depending on the day
    Last edited by CreatineKreatur; 07-06-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: adding starting benchmarks for lifts
    "Do or do not. There is no try."
    -Yoda

icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icwudt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a heads up, its pretty hard to do this 2 days in a row, even if you think you can. I highly recommend at least one day in between each.

I tried this for about 3 weeks got some results, but still not happy. I find it a quite difficult to always put in 100% effort, and till failure.

I definitely will be back though

SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirDumbbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First Time

I have tried this workout for the first time today. Very effective workout for such a short period of time. I was worried that i was not too sore afterwards. A recommended routine for any beginner-advanced stage bodybuilder. And a great strength-gaining workout.

kristen5412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah i am fed up from my daily routine

petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) petek1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Did not provide enough evidence

What has been shown to work in multiple studies from reputable scientific journals is the principle of overload and working your muscles until muscular failure. Any routine has the potential to build muscle provided it sufficiently exhausts the muscle. The data collected indicates that it is the total volume of weight lifted that is weight x reps x sets that seems to provide the best results. The more total volume, the better the results. Obviously there is a point of diminishing return but that is the extreme case. Of course people have their own anecdotal evidence that might suggest otherwise but the actual quantitative evidence shows that it is volume more than anything else. I can provide references to those interested.

skyhead22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

review

I tried this workout two years ago and recently started it again. For anyone looking to gain strength and mass fast, this workout is it. In college I did the split workout only focusing primarily on certain groups of muscles one day per week with very little gains over long periods of time. I just started this workout 2 weeks ago and already have very noticeable results. Arms, shoulders, and back are all noticeably growing. *Supplements include, multi vitamin, whey protein, n.o. xplode, creatine, and scivation xtend. I'm not too sure about the xtend but im giving it a shot. The most important key to follow in this workout that I follow closely is doing 1 set to absolute failure! At first I thought, no way is this going to be enough, I need to throw in another set. But I stuck to just 1 set and am very happy with results so far. I'm not a huge supplement guru but the n.o. xplode, I feel really gives me a kick in the butt to hit the weights hard. You watch guys in the gym doing their 3 sets of 10 or whatever conveniently doing their reps without much struggle while you are turning red, uncontrollably drooling spit as you exhale by your 7th or 8th rep even screaming if you have to. ya I get funny looks but you can literally watch your muscles swell up in the mirror as your working them. I wouldnt recommend any other workout than this one if your goal is to be a hulk look a like **

ahmedoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all, I started this program last night. I'm quite sore this morning and rested well(9 hours of sleep). Anyway, I wasn't too sure on rest time in between the exercises? I was resting about a minute, sometimes 2 minutes. Is that okay?

bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100) bonddjames is not very well liked. (-100)
    gooood...

Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontknowitall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This program is certainly worth a serious try. Injuries imho opinion happen when you try to lift too heavy a load for 3 to 5 reps so 8 to 10 is a lot safer.
    Moreover why would anyone do 3 sets of 8-10 reps when knowing that they still have plenty of work left. They will go at it 1/2 heartedly and save energy for the next set to come.
    With this program you get in and give it your all and then go about your business. I would think that after a while after you reach a certain level of strength that you should add more off days between workouts i.e 1 on 2 off.

RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is high intensity training, however MOST people never tried it because they believe it doesn't work. The training is to move a lot of heavy weights in short amount of time.

Let's think about this. Work out A lifts 3 tonnes in 1 hour. Work out B lifts 3 tonnes in 30-40 min. Which is more intense ? Workout B. But it's a 1 set of 8-10 reps vs 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    Hard work. Hard work. Hard work.

tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tigerhu45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CHSstud2k5 View Post
    your body cannot possibly repair every muscle in your body in just one day. its impossible.
    After reading this article I have found myself second-guessing my work out routine. What is written in this article sounds much more fun than waiting a week to train a body part. Any comments from experienced bodybuilders would be appreciated.

SaulMageste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be adopting this workout routine, since I can only workout 3 times per week because of college.

But I have one crucial question, since I workout alone, would it be okay for me to do a 3 set of 8-10 reps with a lighter weight, intead of a 1 hard set, on Barbel Squats for example. I don't want to get myself injured, or killed. :P

An answer would be REALLY apreciated.

shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shangbuqi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AC_GI View Post
    After reading this article I have found myself second-guessing my work out routine. What is written in this article sounds much more fun than waiting a week I am just starting to get into using some weights, very light to start with as I have never really done much exercise in my entire life.to train a body part. Any comments from experienced bodybuilders would be appreciated.
    I am just starting to get into using some weights, very light to start with as I have never really done much exercise in my entire life.

magicmikeidc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like the idea of HIT but, after years of doing Max-OT combined with now being 37 y/o, it is HARD to keep that kind of intensity for every set while training ultra heavy. Personally, I've added a little more volume (18 sets vice 13-14) which gives me a little bit of mental leeway in case not every set is 100% intensity. The full body routine three days per week looks credible as long as you can train each set to complete failure with maximum weights. Being completely honest with myself, I don't see that working out very well for me.

vangore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your body hasnt changed much and you're gaining fat then you are clearly lacking somewhere, check the main site on how to build muscle and you should find where you're going wrong, failing that y

I like the idea of HIT but, after years of doing Max-OT combined with now being 37 y/o, it is HARD to keep that kind of intensity for every set while training ultr

I will be adopting this workout routine, since I can only workout 3 times per week

I still find this whole thing mind-blowing. A search of Tim Ferris on these forums produce logs and guys say it works from the 2 I've read. They look a hell a lot chubbier b

f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) f1ghter33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by CHSstud2k5 View Post
    your body cannot possibly repair every muscle in your body in just one day. its impossible.
    i am agree with you !!
    You come in peace, but you go back in pieces