Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    No limits! No excuses! niceguy11's Avatar
    niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) niceguy11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick question

Originally Posted by j***t20 View Post
    I read most of the pages here and there are def mixed reviews. People who don't want to change because they know what works for them. Some people have that mentality that if it's not what "they are currently" doing then it won't work.

Putting that aside I'm the type of person who will always look for ways to improve my mass, strength and physique. I've been in the gaining phase for about 1.5 months now. I've put on about 10lbs and def increased my strength. I'm looking for something different, something that will change it up, take me to the next level and really push my body.

I'm currently doing a 4 day workout:

- Chest | tries
    - Back | Bies
    - Legs
    - Shoulders

I also mix in abs every other workout to give time for rest. I don't do cardio, maybe a 5 min speed walk for warmup that's it.

I lift heavy but I feel I can still push myself to lift much more. Also, my workouts I feel now are too long. I'm in the gym for about 1.25-1.5 hours and I feel by the end I'm not getting full benefit.

I'm going to try this routine for 3 weeks and see If I can elevate my states, put on some more pounds and strength. My body is great at dealing with recovery and with a mixture of sups I can recover in 2 days.

I def think the body can recover in 2 days and one doesn't need a full 6-7 days before hitting the same muscle again.

I think this is a good shock and awe for your body especially if one has been doing the same routine for some time now.
    Hello, just wondering how many sets you are doing on your: Chest, Biceps, Triceps? Thanks, sounds like an interesting workout!
    Every day you do not test yourself is a day wasted.

Unregi
    This works!! I have been doing it for eight weeks, increased my strength and mass

jakeyabbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Here is what im doing and know is fact.

Ok so im currently doing this 6 week program.
    i have gone through one week thus far.
    i have gained 1.5 lbs in the last week putting me
    up to 190lbs. im taking pre/during/post sups and
    eating my body weight in protein,
    carbs, and loads more calories.

My first day i was not very happy with my
    workout at the end... i felt tired but not very worked.
    on my second day i pushed much harder and felt a
    little better and more ripped. on my third day i tried
    something a little different... What i did was i maxed
    out on my reps then i set the weight down for 5
    seconds then i did several more reps. i also added
    dead lifts. I must say this was the best i have felt yet
    coming out of the gym. my whole body felt swollen
    and ripped. i was sweating like crazy and ate like a
    pig after, and i felt big the rest of the day and was
    sore everywhere the next day.

im currently still gaining muscle through this
    program seeing im up 1.5lbs from last week. i will be
    posting more next week for week 2s progress. i usually
    have sooo much trouble gaining muscle after about 6
    weeks of working out so i decided to try this out for a
    while.

This i do know that is fact. As long as you are ripping
    your muscle tissue then filling it with foodz, you will see
    gains... its just basic biology. not to mention keeping a fast
    up beat workout also stimulates brain growth. so on top
    of gaining muscle from this program you are gaining smarts.

hope i was a help. check back in a week for my update.

-Jakeyabbe

jakeyabbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

back

ok so i did this for 2 weeks and i was kinda not feeling it so i went back to my normal workout plan.... yea i was freaking shocked at how much more i could lift... it was the first time i hit 140lbs in incline bench without help... and that was after i already did 2 other chest workouts with 3 sets each. i was able to bench normally 140 waaaayyy easy... so yea even though at time it may not feel like this play is working... it sure is. im 192 now and i keep going up and up. i think im going to do my regular workout plan and every 4-5 weeks throw this in here for a few weeks. it has been great. and im soooo much stronger. thank for this.

MoeB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up MoeB

Well I have to say I have lost 26lbs of fat and not lost any muscle while doing this type of program. And by the way, this is classic HIT. Who would use it, Casey Viator, Mike Mentzer just to name a few. It was founded by Arthur Jones.

It works for me and yea, I get crazy stairs from people, but I'm not losing muscle and soon after I get down to 10% BF, I will start my gaining phase, which means adjusting my calories and reducing my cardio.......20min 3 days a week to 10 min 3 days a week......

By the way I am 43 and recovering from a heart attack, went from 226 lbs to 203 in 8 weeks....Using this type of lifting regimen.

joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're not going to over train with this program. This program isnt even that bad. There are guys out there doing bench, squat, deadlift, curls, dips, shoulder press, and maybe pullups for 3 sets and doing that same program monday, wednesday, and friday. This program is only 1 set per exercise. Its not like its completely fatiguing the muscle here. At most you're getting a slight pump from it. Personally I think it's fine. It's only 3 days anyway. You actually have more time to rest here guys. You have more days off then you do actually training.
    -if you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, would it change the way you trained today?

-Bigger isn't always better-Oldbutfit

rodrigovaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

To the ADMIN

To the ADMIN

You posted this article in 2001 and it is still a featured article on the website.
    I am planning to start this workout but I know so sure about his routine because of a lot mix comments on it. Also, i read a lot on the internet and it seems to be the only one of its kind.

So, i wanted to ask a few questions:

1. Where did you get this workout from?
    2. Do you still recommend this workout after 9 years?
    3. Are you a professional body builder or just an amateur?

Looking forward to your reply

gulshroff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok ..I've used this workout before ...like 6 months back i gained 2.5 kg (roughly 5 pounds) in a matter of a month ...I wasn't on any supplements i stopped taking whey a month b4 doing this workout and creatine 3 months b4 doing this workout i did not take any vitamins or anything fancy while i was training ..... my sleep patterns were pretty whacked and eating was decent not so much protein cause i gotta be vegetarian half the week( religious beliefs and crap :P) ...

now this workout plan works mainly because it focuses on compound movements which makes your body create and pump more testosterone into your blood stream .... also alot of ppl are pretty friggin lazy they say they wanna get big but are not ready to lift big in this workout because you are only doing one set and you are supposed to train till failure you lift really heavy .. it also makes you feel like eatin like a horse .... you burn less calories on a daily basis cause you train for fewer days , volume is way less and you are supposed to avoid cardio completely if possible ..... it is clearly mentioned you shouldnt use this workout for more than six weeks cause its intended just to stack on sheer mass and dosnt really pay attention to shaping your body .... this workout is meant as a complete shock to your body which helps spark new growth

now to ensure gains remember if u can cut out all cardio DO IT!!! just sit your ass down and EAT also i really stress on lifting till FAILURE ... when i use to squat as i reached the last rep it would be such a task that i mostly ended up falling down and squatting is just the first set so i hope you get the picture ....TRAIN TILL FAILURE if you can stand up you are cheating (ok thats a bit of an exaggeration )
    also keep your workout under 45mins... i use to use a stopwatch to count rest times b4 sets it helps

btw ive not uploaded a recent pic so excuse my puniness :P
    hope i didn't bore u guys
    good training

BETO619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy A little confused

Hey guys do you think that this progam can help a begginer like me?? i've been working out for just 6 weeks and really want get big , i do have some belly fat to burn but i can take care of it later.. i am 5,7" 197lbs

nipuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice theard

nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just starting this working after hitting a platuea with gains. Ill post again with results. Got high hopes for this.
    Before I make a solid start, should I stick to the 1 single set it suggests or move it up to 2 or 3?

Probably gonna do this for about 3 - 6 weeks, then use a different training method afterwards and include interval cardio training to maintain a lower body fat level, possibly use the PRRS: power rep range shock principle?

GOAL: Muscle and Size

JustPassingThru

IT WORKS y'all !!!!!!

This workout does work- end of story,

I have put on 2 stone (28lbs) in five weeks.

I'm eating well, started whey 2 weeks ago, taking a multivitimin.

In under a month, since I started keeping a log, I have gone from squatting 110lbs up to 187lbs - and tomorrow I'll be adding another 11lbs to that!

Everyone I know sees a massive difference, I am 5'11" and was 140 lbs, now I'm 168 lbs IN FIVE WEEKS !!!!

Many people on here seem to think that one day is not enough recovery time- of course it is- think of construction workers, soldiers, anyone who has to use their body to earn a living- they work 5 days a week! If you feel too tired, don't go to the gym!!!

USE L-GLUTAMINE to speed up your recovery time!!

KEEP A LOG and take it with you every session - it amazes me no one at my gym uses one!!!

All the best from the UK

Thanks so much to the author of this article

DO 1 SET: all this talk of doing more than 1 set is missing the point- DO 1 SET TO FAILURE- remember that after 47 mins the cortisol kicks in so you've got to be out before then!

LIFT HEAVY BUT MAKE SURE YOU CAN GO TO 8

BigJim51
    Originally Posted by AC_GI View Post
    After reading this article I have found myself second-guessing my work out routine. What is written in this article sounds much more fun than waiting a week to train a body part. Any comments from experienced bodybuilders would be appreciated.
    This is a outstanding program although i recommend doing 12 to 15 reps per set and you will notice great gains with the addition of some top quality Nitric Oxide for pre workout use and some good protein powder for after you finish your workout.You will be amazed how much you will grow in 3 months

Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Completed four week on this program

Just completed four weeks using this workout which produced a weight gain of 4 pounds. I improved the working weight in all my upper body lifts on average about five percent over the four week period. My lower body has been fairly neglected so gains were the off-the- chart beginner type. I'm pretty satisfied and consider the time and effort well spent.

I've been working out for a little over twelve months. Started off with beginner full body workout for about five months which was followed by a three day split of chest-back-biceps/triceps with some sporadic leg work. Dropped from a skinny fat 203 to 182 and now have moved back up to 192. Strength went up dramatically before hitting a ceiling which led me to this workout and its implementation.

The benefits of this article and the workout for me are the leg work and the maintenance of a daily training log both of which I previously neglected.

I work out hard using the pyramid, drop sets, and rep maximum in order to understand my loading and I always achieve a pump (usually about 18 to 24 working sets per bodypart), so the workout itself was no big deal from an intensity standpoint but the full body with the leg work, especially the squats, I believe leads to a greater release of hormones than my previous split. This workout also stimulates your hunger. I was starved ready to eat a whole cow after completing this workout.

As far as diet I eat clean with a great lunch and dinner and a weak breakfast, consume whey protein shakes mixed with water before and after training along with a shake mixed with whole milk at breakfast and before going to bed at night. I also take a multi vitamin, extra vitamin C, omega 3,6, and 9 capsule, creatine, and zma daily. Recently added beta alanine. I need to check my caloric intake.

I did make a modification to this workout which may have impacted my results...

Although I could get through the workout in 45 minutes, due to gym overload especially on the two squat racks and the bench I was actually finishing in about 1:15 minutes so I added an extra set to utilize the time in the gym. I do a control set to failure according to the instructions which I record in my log and then an extra set after a 60 second rest. I have a ton of power lifters in my gym and those guys are grafted to the squat racks plus they take 5 minutes in between sets it seems.

I will continue this workout for another four weeks based on the results of the first four weeks.

nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nush1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

It works!

I can honestly say this WORKS!

Do it honestly, with the right diet, and change the workout to volume/overload training after 6 to 8 weeks, and you should really see some great strength and size gains. I did!
    "You get out what you put in"
    "Think right. Eat right. Lift right. Rest."
    "LIFE. Be fit for it!"

- Positive Reps are much appreciated

kikochas

Question :)

Hey this sounds great! but I have a question and I will be really thankfull if you answer it to me.
    I was training this way

monday- chest and bicep. 4 different excercises 4 sets each that will be 4 excercises for chest 4 times and another 4 excercises for bicep 4 times each. from 8-10 reps each to total failure.

tuesday- back and tricep. SAME

wednesday- legs by itself. did 8-9 excercises 4 sets each which I felt it was a lot and a pain in the ass.

thursday- neck and shoulders. 4 different excercises of 4 sets for shoulders and just 2 excercises of 4 sets for neck.

I did this for 3 months and I really noticed big changes on my body but not as I wished I really worked very very hard. ohh and by the way I trained for no more than 45 minutes a day. and rested friday, saturday, and sunday. Starting on monday all over again.

Today I tried the astounding 3 day mass workout routine (yours) doing it exactly as you said to total failure, I finished in only 35 min. resting just as my body needed to. but I didnt felt it really intense/intensive. I just wanted to ask you if I shoud continue doing it and if you believe it will make changes on me, or if I shoud stick to my regular routine. I am also having protein after workout. (cytogainer to be specific) thank you really really much

andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chsstud2k5 View Post
    your body cannot possibly repair every muscle in your body in just one day. Its impossible.
    ^+1

Because of the results ive had from it, I have total confidence in this workout.

If you are really pushing yourself to the absolute most and with good form and still not feeling great then it might just not be for you.

I suggest giving it 4 weeks with commitment to try and see how you feel after that, your body might start feeling the intensity, you never know. At the very least, the break from your normal workout will do your body wonders. Also I strongly suggest keeping a log and making sure you increase the weight or rep number every single workout.

Hope this helps bro.
    "LIFE. Be fit for it!"

Sorry, forgot to say. When I mention it might just not be for you, I mean mentally.

I'm pretty confident its great for mass building biologically, but if your heads not in it, it won't work, like I said you need to commit and trust and know it will work and that you CAN push/lift more weight each time.
    "LIFE. Be fit for it!"

JettaNC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You Might Be Surprised

This is second HIT program I have done in the past 6 months. Probably the hardest part of this technique is losing the idea that you need to spend 2 hours in the gym 5 days a week using traditional 5x10 lifts. I too thought the only way to mass gaining and fat burning was doing multiple sets of 8-12 reps per muscle group. It did produce results, but a much higher and unnecessary cost. When I began with HIT, there is no doubt I felt like I was slacking off because I would spend only about an hour in the gym, usually less, while the meat heads were still banging away. It didn't seem logical that one set to failure could equal the volume training I was doing previously. But I have to tell you, it works.

Just because you're reducing your workout to one set in each exercise does not mean it's any easier. This is work. By pushing your muscle to absolute failure you are taxing them to do the best they can in the shortest time. To do that requires absolute concentration, perfect form, and constantly increasing your weight. Once you have fatigued your muscles you're done, there is nothing more you can gain but doing additional sets. In fact doing more becomes counter productive and pointless. The real key to this program is rest and recovery. Muscles expand during recovery, not during lifting. That's why 3 days per week is plenty for a full body wrkout.

After a month I have noticed rapid gains and fat loss. My strength increased dramatically and I was definitely gaining mass. Until now I was never much of a tracker, never logged anything or measured myself. That's a HUGE mistake. You must log every set in every workout in order to keep yourself challenged. That's the key. Add weight each time and adjust reps accordingly. It simply will not work otherwise.

I recommend you try it, do it for 4-6 weeks, then switch back to volume for another cycle. If you do it correctly and get past the guilt factor of doing only one set you WILL see results. It's smarter, not harder.

joedavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished my first week of this program, and have gained five pounds. I can also see a physical difference. The program makes sense and it works well

1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 1Nyceballa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Imma go ahead and try this workout. I'll start the 31st and do it the whole month of February. I'll make sure I respond to this thread with results...

Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lishnik will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Week 9

Just finished Week 9 of this workout routine and can report a total nine week mass gain of 11 pounds and an increases in weight in all my lifts and strength. Maybe not as amazing as others have reported but quite good. I consider this routine successful but I am burned out after nine weeks.

The routine produces results but it gets boring (at least to me) after about a month. I really enjoy working out and prefer multiple sets rather than the one and done. I will return to this routine next year at the beginning of my next bulk cycle.

Plan to start Mad_Cow's 5x5 with an All_Pro sixth, ten rep, drop, pump set on Monday in order to continue my bulk until the end of March/mid April. I think that will fit nicely as Mad_Cow's program has a backed off starting point which should provide a nice deload after this routine.

Recommendation: Do it! Eight weeks investment and you will get results!

R1zbear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like the feeling of really blasting a muscle group and leaving it a week to recover, but point taken that it is only sore for a few days.

beachboy47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What kind of diet works best for this workout? Right now I am taking in 2100 calories and doing a 40/40/20 split. Do I need to up my calories to get the best results from this kind of growth program? Thanks.

NastyNoble3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Works for me....

I've been deployed here to Afghanistan for the past five months (one more to go!). The first three, I was doing my same old routine but found myself missing a chest day, back day, etc. Found this program back in December and gave it a try. The gains I've experienced have been great...feel like I just wasted three months.

First workout was disappointing as I was trying to figure out how much weight would give me a good max. Every workout afterward has been great (I actually rate them 1-10 in my log).

I finished eight weeks and took a week off. Just wrapped up my second workout on week nine a bit ago. I made a few changes this time around. Now, I'm doing this one day then 10 three-minute rounds on the heavy bag the next. Day three is an off day then I (will) repeat. I started feeling as if I wasn't getting enough recovery time in toward the end of my first eight weeks. I'm also trying to add in more cardio to cut-up and prep for my AF fitness test when I get back to the states.

I lift alone so I leg press instead of squatting to failure. I use dumbbells or the smith machine for shoulders and dumbbells or hammer strength for chest. I added chest flys (pec deck) to this iteration and bent over reverse flys for shoulders. I try to mix things up a bit to keep from getting bored. Keep a log, lift til failure, and gooo sloooow...will definitely work.

Bottom line, this is a great routine to make sure that you are attacking your whole body. Personally, I'm a hater so I would rather not see many folks doing this. Plus, this is my first post...I read how people feel about first posters.

Nasty

Height - 5' 9"
    Weight - 184 start, 192 now
    Arms - 16", now 17.5" (non-workout day flexed)
    waist - 36", now 35"

CharlotteYasinp

so dep

This might help lots of people find out about this matter.

qban1013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool i'll give it a TRY

I got back from deployment about 3 months ago and worked out like an animal then, but since i got back i have lost quite a bit in size and strength...i came across this routine, i will start tomorrow for 5-6 weeks, and keep updating the results every 1-2 weeks...

2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2thpac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow great reviews!

mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mafi0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how do u guys do bench dip and crunches till failure?
    i could grab a belt and whack some weight on if i was doing normal dips, but how do you guys do it on bench dips?
    Current/Goal
    Bench: 210/225
    Squat: 310/330
    Deadlift: 290/340

Broke 800s now the goal is to hit 900s @ 150lb

[15.5" arms > 16.5" ]