Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Unregistered

?

This exercise is only for steroid users.

Unregistered

Works for Me!

I've been using this workout on and off for three years. I'm in my forties and a heavy lifter, and I've had more progress when on this workout than when on any other. Maybe it works better for older lifters like myself, but it works!

MX330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

good change

I have been liftin for about a year and a half now. I started training the classic way ie. one body part a day over a 5-6 day span. It worked great for a long time until I hit a big plateau. I got frustrated and started to get real lazy and sloppy with my routine. I found this new 3day mass deal and have been doing it steady for about ten weeks. Originally I struggled to follow it perfectly, I found that it was just too much for me to accomplish in a 45 min to an hour workout, so I changed it up to make it work for me. I have had awesome results with this, making more gains in strength and size than I ever have. Im 5'11" and 185, I gained about 15lbs from this workout and maintained a 9-10% bodyfat. I am extremely happy I found this routine, it really got me fired up again seeing the results. The only thing I started to worry about was injury, I think I started doing too much weight and began feeling slight strains and nagging pains towards the end. So now I dont really know what to do, Im afraid I may plateau again using this workout and my work schedule only allows me to hit the gym Mon, Weds and Friday. Does anyone know any killer workouts to do three days a week? Keep in mind I only have about one hour to train...

Roni123

here to help

Originally Posted by MX330 View Post
    I have been liftin for about a year and a half now. I started training the classic way ie. one body part a day over a 5-6 day span. It worked great for a long time until I hit a big plateau. I got frustrated and started to get real lazy and sloppy with my routine. I found this new 3day mass deal and have been doing it steady for about ten weeks. Originally I struggled to follow it perfectly, I found that it was just too much for me to accomplish in a 45 min to an hour workout, so I changed it up to make it work for me. I have had awesome results with this, making more gains in strength and size than I ever have. Im 5'11" and 185, I gained about 15lbs from this workout and maintained a 9-10% bodyfat. I am extremely happy I found this routine, it really got me fired up again seeing the results. The only thing I started to worry about was injury, I think I started doing too much weight and began feeling slight strains and nagging pains towards the end. So now I dont really know what to do, Im afraid I may plateau again using this workout and my work schedule only allows me to hit the gym Mon, Weds and Friday. Does anyone know any killer workouts to do three days a week? Keep in mind I only have about one hour to train...
    )_________________________________________________ ________________

Here's a great rotuine that would get you great results its a little similair to this one

after a good warmup

Deadlift 2x6 90% of your 1 rm
    bent-over row 1x8 100% of your 1 rm
    barbell curl 1x8 100% of your 1 rm
    squat 2x6 90% of your 1rm
    bench press 2x6 90% of your 1rm
    military press 1x8 100% 1rm
    tricep extension 1x8 100% 1rm

every time you workout increase a rep until you get to 12 then add 5lbs.
    do this on a 1 on 2 off at first it is diffcult rest 1min 30sec between sets
    and 2min between exercises you can do abs on off days

see ya and glad o help

Unregistered
    honestly i use a workout routine similar to this and it works form me but you should do more than one set per exercise, try 3

bduff54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have been using this for about 6 weeks now, it works and is very affective.

I am not sure why so many people rip it apart

jack8999
    Originally Posted by bduff54 View Post
    i have been using this for about 6 weeks now, it works and is very affective.

I am not sure why so many people rip it apart
    what kind of results did you get? like size and shape

~Mad Man of the Sea~ MacGyverDel's Avatar
    MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I found the 3 day workout worked well for me in the fall and may well go back to it next fall when I'll try to add another 10 - 20 lbs.
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Healthy Body Healthy Mind

dude_123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 day mass workout

Hello, first of all i want to introduce myself; I am Lars from Holland. Recently i went back to the gym after only been training thaiboxing a few years, i decided i really want to gain some weight and pack some muscle. Because as most of us know, thaiboxing keeps you slim and fit. It isn't a sport to get muscular. Anyway i saw the 3-day mass workout here on this awesome site. And i decided to give it a try. My length is 1.85m and weight 68 kilo.
    I am not really happy about the weight and i want to do something about it. What do you guys think, is this program indeed a good program for me to gain some muscle??. Because ussually i do a number of 3 sets instead of only 1. Here is the workout again:

Squats 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Leg Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Leg Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Dumbbell Pullovers 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Barbell Overhead Shoulder Press 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Seated Rows 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Bench Press 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Barbell Bicep Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Tricep Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Weighted Pullups 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Weighted Dips 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises 1 X 8 - 12 reps
    Abs - 1 X 10 - 15 reps

Well ofcourse i would change the number of abs into 100,200 abs, because 15 reps for building some abs is very very less.

Please help me out a bit.
    I am going to the gym now and going to workout.

dude_123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 day mass workout

By the way, i just got some advice from a buddy who's in the army, he was working out that day (when i posted the other reply). And he told me i should eat every 2 hours, and buy a weightgainer. Well i bought weightgainer, creatine, a multivitamine and i got l-glutamine and fish-oil en since i was there i bought Z-bol, natural testosterone enhancer. Would that work for me together with eating well and following this workout?
    Thanks guys, Remember keep working at iT..

danzig56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool It WORKS BROTHERS

Ive been doing this workout for 6 weeks and ITS ****IN AWESOME. I STATRED AT 215 IM NOW 238.A LIST OF THE SUPPLEMENT iVE BEEN USING ARE BELOW BUT LIKE ALL OF YOU IWAS A SKEPTIC IM APART OF THE ANIMAL BROTHERHOOD AND NORMALLY FOLLOW WRATHS TRAING SPLITS. BROTHERS ILL TELL YOU I WAS WRONG THIS WORKOUT WORKS. TRY IT

ANADROX BY MHP
    OPTIMUM WHEY
    SHOCK THERAPY BY UNIVERSAL
    HALODROL LIQUIGELS BY GASPARI
    MELATONIN
    ANIMALPAK BY UNIVERSAL
    ANIMAL NITRO
    ANY QUESTIONS FOR ME PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT danzig56@hotmail.com

frogman162 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying it out

I have been at a plateau for a while after doing these two schedules:

7 months (variations of this program)-

monday- chest and shoulders
    tuesday- bis and tris
    wednesday- shoulders and lower body
    thursday- chest and shoulders
    friday- bis and tris
    saturday- shoulders and lower body
    sunday- rest

abs- hard day, easy day alternates except sunday

3 months (skipped legs a lot due to the frustration with this program)

monday- chest
    tuesday- bis
    wednesday- back
    thursday- tris
    friday- shoulders
    saturday- usually rest but rarely lower body
    sunday- rest

abs- same as before

Throughout these 10 months, my cardio was extremely heavy and intense.

As I said I have hit a plateau and am going to try this 3-day workout as well as cut cardio down and use some supplements until I gain the 5-15lbs I want. After those pounds, I will focus on my goal of competing in Ironman by upping the cardio and stopping the weight gain supplements.

I will let you guys know of my progress, and you can check it out on my profile because I took pics today becuase it is my first day doin gthis program.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

~Marc

frogman162 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

progress

its been 3 weeks and ive gained 7 pounds. not too bad but im going back to max overload training because i think it was more due to better nutrition then the program.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

~Marc

ThackFaugstad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Similar Workout

Back in February I had created a similar program to do 3 days a week (1 on 1 off) and I see many people saying this isn't enough time to heal! That is 48 hours for your muscles to heal. I also got some of my best gains from that workout. I did 3-4 sets per body part and did 2 workouts (one during the others rest). I was worried, however that I wasn't hitting all the areas of my muscles and might be making some muscles weak so now I am trying to adapt a (3 on - 1 off - 3 on) cycle where I do at least 2 body parts a day and a couple are compound movements. This is still in testing for me but I'm trying to get that multiple times a week per exercise without undertraining certain muscles.
    DO THE DAMN THING!

floridasteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

FloridaSteve

I have waited six weeks to reply since starting this workout-absolutely amazing results!I have an old school gym rat mentality I learned from juice heads from my past gyms over the decades.If I don't bomb 4 sets/split routines several times a week- I'm not training-I was constantly over training!I forgot that I'm not on steroids-lol! I decided to try two days off between work-outs (1 on-2 off)and see what the total body 1 rep blast would do-never did that in my life.WOW!I followed this to the T and kept amazing accurate logs after each exercise and was out of the gym in 45 minutes to the T. I have had roughly 10 pound strength jumps weekly in major exercises and became unbelievably hungry for massive amounts of food/protein day and night- because I started growing again after years of stagnating growth/overtraining obviously.I must advise friends that to REALLY do this work-out right-you must have a spot partner at the very least for it to work due to the heavy weights and failure factor of not being able to do one more possible rep than 8-10.I find it hard to believe a natural bodybuilder could TRULY go one set to absolute failure on all these exercises-TO THEIR PERSONAL,ABSOLUTE, UTTER FAILURE WITH MAXIMUM WEIGHT and go back in the gym 48 hours later and repeat???OVERTRAINING NIGHTMARE-natural muscles need rest to grow and get strong-unless your juiced-up-then train everyday-die young and leave a pretty corpse-not me!!! The natural body needs rest-I too was skeptical of this work-out because of my gym rat mentality and listening to other juiced up guys in my gym- being there all the time daily training.Now I smell the natural coffee-I am blasting to failure with two days rest between work-outs- 1 set at 8-10 reps(soon as I hit 10 reps- I increase weight next work-out-10 pound jumps-usually for 8 reps and proceed to grow and get stronger-Soon as I hit 10 reps with the new weight-bam-10 more pounds next work-out to failure-72 hours of rest and massive amounts of food/supplements seems right to me for this intensity!!!! Not 48 hours later-I am not 100% strong to go up in weight in 48 hours!! This is working and I am getting huge! Thanks for this amazing work-out and I hope others learn -Don't overtrain like I have for years with no new results and gains-it's futile. I truly wish I would have had this work-out twenty years ago instead of over-training like a juice head without the juice and stagnating my personal progress and growth!I have gained 12 pounds in roughly 6-going on 7weeks with this!Eating like a horse!
    Last edited by floridasteve; 05-19-2007 at 11:51 PM.

floridasteve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Less is more!

I am reading threads but people don't seem to be doing the work-out as posted-their own version of the work-out and I highly recommend 1 day on and TWO days off with massive food/supplement intake or you may just get injured here-my opinion!

jst3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i thought a bulking routine is like 3 sets 5 reps or a 5x5???

ryanleal1764 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This workout is ridicilous! Training 3 days a week? WTF! And u need more than one set per exercise to stimulate maximum growth. And check out the how it says to perform warmups. 4-6 reps wont warm anything up.
    I have massive expectations!

Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ryanleal1764 View Post
    This workout is ridicilous! Training 3 days a week? WTF! And u need more than one set per exercise to stimulate maximum growth. And check out the how it says to perform warmups. 4-6 reps wont warm anything up.
    Never tried a routine like this have you? What is really ridiculous is the fact that you made a comment on a topic out of complete ignorance. I have no doubt you are absolutely huge right? You absolutely DO NOT need more than one set per exercise, IF you have the balls to make it a true to failure gut wrenching set. Clearly you have not investigated or tried any type of routine which is out of the norm. You pilot along doing your mainstream routines like all the other zombies in the gym. Go back to the playground, kid.
    http://www.angelfire.com/ego/gethuge

"He that teaches us anything which we knew not before is undoubtedly to be reverenced as a master." - Samuel Johnson

ryanleal1764 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gethuge View Post
    Never tried a routine like this have you? What is really ridiculous is the fact that you made a comment on a topic out of complete ignorance. I have no doubt you are absolutely huge right? You absolutely DO NOT need more than one set per exercise, IF you have the balls to make it a true to failure gut wrenching set. Clearly you have not investigated or tried any type of routine which is out of the norm. You pilot along doing your mainstream routines like all the other zombies in the gym. Go back to the playground, kid.
    Wow buddy it looks like u were super offended! Well just to let u know i take every set I do to complete failure, then i will do another drop set to failure without any rest. Then on the last set of every exercise I hold a static rep for as long as possible. If anything I'm overtraining...but thanks for the bull**** input!
    I have massive expectations!

Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ryanleal1764 View Post
    Wow buddy it looks like u were super offended! Well just to let u know i take every set I do to complete failure, then i will do another drop set to failure without any rest. Then on the last set of every exercise I hold a static rep for as long as possible. If anything I'm overtraining...but thanks for the bull**** input!
    Not super offended....it's not my article. However, I do find it very annoying that people feel the need to toss out new ideas simply because it doesn't fit in with what they THINK they know about training.

Do I think you are overtraining? A better question would be do I care?.....nope. A simple look at bodybuilders like Mentzer, Yates, Viator, etc. will show that 1 set to failure training does indeed work. I am certainly NOT saying this is the only way to train. But it can and does, work. To totally dismiss it simply points to the degree of ones ignorance.

"He that teaches us anything which we knew not before is undoubtedly to be reverenced as a master." - Samuel Johnson

do u guys think if I spilt this routine in half and added 3 sets instead of 1,that it would be good?

Originally Posted by jst3 View Post
    do u guys think if I spilt this routine in half and added 3 sets instead of 1,that it would be good?
    Sure it could. However, make sure you are getting enough time between workouts. You might actually need to insert an extra day of rest between workouts in order to make that work.

In actual fact the workout routine presented in the article will most likely require more days off than originally presented. That's the key, making sure you get enough rest between workouts.

zodiacboyscorp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FIRST QUESTION: What's next?

Is their another highly recommended routine similar to this to keep my body in shock while continuing this type of workout?

This is the first workout where I made gains. Granted not as much as the author states, but for me it's been the most effective routine. I am a weak, hard gainer. Always have been. Been working out for over a year.

The Ripptoe program was not for me. I didn't notice much gains. Very very rare...after a short period. I maxed pretty quick on that routine. I had a trainer helping me with Ripptoe program for the first few weeks to get me going and the splits.

This was different.

I drink weight gainer shakes, have why protien isolate, casein protien before bed, no-xplode half hour prior to workout cell mass on days off or late on workout days.

So on with the results.

I've been working out for a while so not a complete newbie: (just not genetically gifted in the upper body)
    Day 1 = Week 7
    Squats 110/8 - 135/8
    Leg Extensions 140/8 - 190/10
    Leg Curls 115/8 - 150/9
    Dumbell Pullovers 50/8 -70/8
    Seated Rows 8/10 - 9.5/9
    Bench Press 85/8 - 105/9
    Barbell Bicep Curls 35/9 - 65/9
    Tricep Extensions (had to change to db) 25/8 - 50/10
    Lat Pull Downs 6.5/8 - 9.5/9
    Dips - 5 negatives - 8 actual dips (go me)
    Standing Calf Raises 250/10 - 390-12
    Abs 100/7 - 165/8

Since I been on this for 7 weeks I'm starting to adapt. For guys where this worked and nothing else did. What should I do now? Ripptoe program didn't do much for me, splits did better but still nothing compared to this, this was the best gains I had ever seen. A trainer actually recommended giving this type of thing a shot since the things he recommended at first didn't work for me. So I hunted and did research on my own and found this one and he helped me get started, glad I went with my gut!

Few questions: I have huge muscular legs, and they keep growing, my arms are just not doing as well still...probably never well. Why are my squats so week compared to the rest?
    Last edited by zodiacboyscorp; 06-04-2007 at 11:11 AM.

jnalupta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gonna Try It

Hey all,

Lots of info here, thanks. I've plateaued for a while so I think I'll give this a shot. I've done HIT programs in the past but while I got more defined on them, for some reason I felt like I was losing weight (my pants felt like they were gonna fall off). I like this one because it seems to combine an HIT program with the frequency of a volume program.

The question I have relates to the fact that I always thought deadlifts should be included in any type of mass-building program. But, I remember doing a HIT program before and deadlifts were involved as the first exercise, and if you do them the HIT way then you'll pretty much be spent for the entire workout, even the next day or two. I was wondering if there was a way to change out some of the back exercises here and substitute some that might be as beneficial as doing deadlifts. Or even if there is a way to put in deadlifts but still have some energy conserved. OK, thanks!

Id really like to do this routine the way it is but everyone Ive talked to has said 1 set isnt enuff to build muscle and said ur better off spilting the routine and adding more sets...any thoughts????

zodiacboyscorp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jst3 View Post
    Id really like to do this routine the way it is but everyone Ive talked to has said 1 set isnt enuff to build muscle and said ur better off spilting the routine and adding more sets...any thoughts????
    Well I'm proof that they are full of ****.

Not everyone builds the same way.

For those of you who did this routine and got good results. What would you recommend next? (Riptoe Program did not work for me)
    Last edited by zodiacboyscorp; 06-05-2007 at 03:01 PM.

kneesandtoes10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

this work out is genius

i have been doing it for awhile and my bench whent up 10 pounds in 2 months not to mention i have gotten bigger and stronger in the other exersizes

Registered User gountilfailure0's Avatar
    gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i always train one body part a week and do my chest twice now monday and thursdays never same exercises unless its sore u can work it but i chose to train chest twice if u have a lagging part twice a week for that group is fine as long as u rest 72 hours

vaerio81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool lets see

ok so after reading this topic for a long time i decided to try it........i been on that 4 days a week split body parts 2 on 1 off 2 on 2off thing for like a year and it worked for that time but i been stuck for like 2 months and since i need to work more i needed to find an alternative program..........so today was my first day.......to b honest i felt weird at the gym cuz i was just doing one set and i was moving kind of fast thrue the machines but to b honest i felt kind of tired but then again i always push myself till i get tired on my previous programs.....but i did swet alot and for being one set i was pretty much tired........the only thing i did was that i would go all the way to 12 or 14 reps on some exercises cuz 8-10 reps was kind of easy............well i guess thats it lets see how this works out for me but i guess its worth the try.......also doe any body know if i can add acouple more exercises for arms and my traps cuz i still had energy to do more? well wish me luck !