Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jkygogo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

From personal experience, Compare Ephedra with Ephedrine HCL for losing weight.

Hi, I've heard alot who really miss Ephedra for losing weight and want it to be brought back. But from your experiences, have you lost as much weight from taking Ephedrine HCL which is still legal as you had when taking Ephedra? Is Ephedrine HCL just as effective a thermogenic as Ephedra was?

Thanks.

J.

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HCL is very good. And prob your only choice since Ephedra is banned.
    no sig

Yes, But is Ephedrine HCL as effective a Thermogenic fat loss Supplement as was Ephed

yes, but is Ephedrine HCL as effective in losing weight as was Ephedra was? For those with personal experience, what do you think?

Thanks.

J.

Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jkygogo
    yes, but is Ephedrine HCL as effective in losing weight as was Ephedra was? For those with personal experience, what do you think?

Thanks.

J.

HCl is better. It's synthetic "ephedra" bonded to hydrochloride salts. Synthetic is always better when it comes to drugs.
    It seems these poets have nothing up their ample sleeves...

[url]www.AvantLabs.com[/url]

[email]chris@avantlabs.com[/email]

If Ephedrine HCL is not as effective as Ephedra, what combos can equal Ephedra?

If Ephedrine HCL is not as effective in losing weight as was Ephedra, what combinations with Ephedrine HCL can we use that would equate the fat losing capabilties and Energy capabilities that Ephedra gave?

Thanks.

J.

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If Ephedrine HCL is not as effective in losing weight as was Ephedra, what combinations with Ephedrine HCL can we use that would equate the fat losing capabilties and Energy capabilities that Ephedra gave?

Thanks.

J.
    Look above you.
    no sig

So you have actually lost as much weight with Ephedrine HCl as you did with Ephedra?

So for those who have taken Ephedra in the past, you have actually lost as much weight as you did with Ephedra as you do with Ephedrine HCL? Can you please tell me your personal experiences?

Also, how does Ephedrine compare with those thermogenic weight supplements like Redline from VPX or any of the other Thermogenic supplements out there?

Thanks.

J.

Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000)
    I lost weight while using Ephedra.

I lost more weight while using Ephedrine. However I also knew much more about diet, training, and associated supplementation by the time I switched to pharmaceutical ephedrine, so it is impossible to quantify the difference in potency based purely on results (too many outliers and confounding factors). However, I can tell you scientifically that ephedrine HCl is more potent than herbal ephedra.

Now I just use H.E.A.T.

billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10) billycarp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So for those who have taken Ephedra in the past, you have actually lost as much weight as you did with Ephedra as you do with Ephedrine HCL? Can you please tell me your personal experiences?

Also, how does Ephedrine compare with those thermogenic weight supplements like Redline from VPX or any of the other Thermogenic supplements out there?

Thanks.

J.
    Ephedrine is far supperior to ephedra when it come to thermogenesis. Almost all of the research done in this area used pure ephedrine HCL coupled with caffeine (and sometimes aspirin).

spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ephedrine may burn fat better, but I liked blended ephedra products better. I had this product LB.X with yohimbe, cafeine and a few other ingredients along with mu huang ephedra and it was the best ever. You get a good energizing boost and you feel great. With HCL, I notice more side effects and I dont feel the good workout buzz when Im done working out.
    ================================
    Unlock the true potential of all your supplements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=820217

So Spoonman, you don't get the same energy boost as you did with Ephedra?

So Spoonman, are you saying you didn't get the same energy boost as you did with Ephedra? How about taking more Ephedrine to get a better effect? And do you take Caffeine with this too?

Thanks.

J.

Comparing Ephedrine HCL to Ephedra, which has more of an energy boost?

Comparing Ephedrine HCL to Ephedra, which has more of an energy boost? And if Ephedra has more of an energy boost an gives you more hyper feelings, can Ephedrine HCL give you a good hyper active up feelings if you take it with another supplement or caffeine? What do you think?

Thanks.

J.

RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Comparing Ephedrine HCL to Ephedra, which has more of an energy boost? And if Ephedra has more of an energy boost an gives you more hyper feelings, can Ephedrine HCL give you a good hyper active up feelings if you take it with another supplement or caffeine? What do you think?

Thanks.

J.
    dude, loky answered your question. ephedra was standardized at a certain % of ephedrine. They are the same thing, except one is synthetic and precisely dosed. You get the same coked up feeling, and if used regularly it goes away. The fat-burning properties do not go away.

But I've taken both Ephedra and Ephedrine HCL and it seems Ephedra gave me more of an

But I've taken Ephedra and Ephedrine HCL and to me it seemed that Ephedra gave me more of an energy boost RepubCarrier or Lok7y and others. Maybe it was psychological, but it seemed to me that Ephedra got me more amped and more awake and hyped up. Am I wrong? I took Ephedrine HCL and to me it didn't seem this gave me as much energy and hyped up feelings as did Ephedra did. Or should I have taken more of the Ephedrine HCL to have similiar hyped up feelings as I got with Ephedra?

What do you think?

Thanks.

J.

What does it matter?

You cant buy ephedra anymore. If you have some stocked up, just take it till your out and move on to HCL.

Unless you have medical problems, you'll be fine with either.

You need to decide for yourself which one is better. Everybody gets effected a little differently from the same drug.
    no sig

But I've taken Ephedra and Ephedrine HCL and to me it seemed that Ephedra gave me more of an energy boost RepubCarrier or Lok7y and others. Maybe it was psychological, but it seemed to me that Ephedra got me more amped and more awake and hyped up. Am I wrong? I took Ephedrine HCL and to me it didn't seem this gave me as much energy and hyped up feelings as did Ephedra did. Or should I have taken more of the Ephedrine HCL to have similiar hyped up feelings as I got with Ephedra?

What do you think?

Thanks.

J.
    You're comparing ephedrine HCl + caffeine to some kitchen-sink thermogenic formula where there was probably ephedra, l-tyrosine, yohimbine, caffeine. Of course the latter is going to stimulate you more. But it's not the ephedra, its the ephedra combined with all that other ****.

qu1nn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qu1nn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RepubCarrier
    dude, loky answered your question. ephedra was standardized at a certain % of ephedrine. They are the same thing, except one is synthetic and precisely dosed. You get the same coked up feeling, and if used regularly it goes away. The fat-burning properties do not go away.

I was under the impression that the use of ephedrine was supposed to be cycled;

I was taking [ephedrine hcl (25mg) + anhydrous caffiene (200mg)]...I slowly ramp up from 1 serving per day to 3 serving per day and I am currently ramping back down over a total of 8 weeks. I am going to switch to caffiene and yohimbe ( again ramping up and then back down over a 2 month period ). Then I will repeat...

I can definately notice the "stimulant hangover" ( wicked headache when ramping down)

I did notice that initially I became more jittery and I couldnt really sleep that well ( as expected! ), but then about 4 weeks in I am able to fall back to my normal sleep cycle. I was under the impression that this was my body was getting used to and no longer having the thermogenic effect...thus the cycling.

I would be appreciative if someone could clarify whether or not ephedra continues to have the weight loss effect over extended periods of time.

If I could stay on the cycle for a long period of time without having to go through the sleepless nights, that would be cool.

As far as the original posting. I see no difference between ephedra and ephedra hcl, as others have said it may be the extra components (yohimbe, caffiene, etc ) that may have additional effects. As I have never taken ephedra ALONE I really see no difference.

HTH
    qu1nn
    Qu1nn

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ephedra = bad

Ephedrine HCL = good
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KFox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    people used historically anyway...clenbuterol to stimulate the beta 2 receptor...which can have a pronounced effect on fat burning...so the idea was to find something which acted similarly..so they went for the beta 3 receptor using ephedrine hcl,caffeine,and aspirin (25mgs,200mgs,500 mgs) 3 times per day to continue prolonged thermogenesis...which could be felt usually, more than seen...it was hard to lose bodyfat that way alone.clenbuterol was like magic the first time you used it..then less and less.ephedra was employed when ephedrine hcl was taken off the market...because of its use in the manufacture of methamphetamine..so it was an herbal version..ephedra(mahuang),guarana,gotu kola or other natural source of caffeine and white whillow bark..herbal aspirin..none of these do much to show your abs..they are just not great fat burners..they do promote thermogenesis..but also affect your appetite,slow muscle growth and damage your arteries with too fast a heart rythm..great as stimulants though and can increase work in the gym..beta 3's dont work as well as beta 2 agonists do...at fat burning...its not really thermogenesis burning fat but another metabolic pathway which accomplishes this with clenbuterol or other beta 2 agonists.

Originally Posted by KFox
    people used historically anyway...clenbuterol to stimulate the beta 2 receptor...which can have a pronounced effect on fat burning...so the idea was to find something which acted similarly..so they went for the beta 3 receptor using <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=ephedrine%20hcl" onmouseover="window.status='ephedrine hcl'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">ephedrine hcl</a>,caffeine,and aspirin (25mgs,200mgs,500 mgs) 3 times per day to continue prolonged thermogenesis...which could be felt usually, more than seen...it was hard to lose bodyfat that way alone.clenbuterol was like magic the first time you used it..then less and less.ephedra was employed when ephedrine hcl was taken off the market...because of its use in the manufacture of methamphetamine..so it was an herbal version..ephedra(mahuang),guarana,gotu kola or other natural source of caffeine and white whillow bark..herbal aspirin..none of these do much to show your abs..they are just not great fat burners..they do promote thermogenesis..but also affect your appetite,slow muscle growth and damage your arteries with too fast a heart rythm..great as stimulants though and can increase work in the gym..beta 3's dont work as well as beta 2 agonists do...at fat burning...its not really thermogenesis burning fat but another metabolic pathway which accomplishes this with clenbuterol or other beta 2 agonists.
    Ephedrine is an indiscriminate beta-adrenoreceptor agonist. It also doesn't even pharmacologically work the same way as clenbuterol. This this is an excerpt from an article I'm working on currently:

Ephedrine, whether you already knew it or not, doesn’t work directly in muscle or fat. Rather, it stimulates central sympathetic nerve terminals, thereby inciting an indiscriminate release of NE/NA (and to a lesser extent, epinephrine/adrenalin), which then relays across the entirety of the SNS. This makes ephedrine an indirect and non-specific sympathomimetic, as it effectively delivers a mild ‘catecholamine carpet-bombing’ to all your various beta receptors (beta1, beta2, atypical beta3, and putative, atypical beta4)
    Also, unless you have a pre-existing condition, ephedrine will not do anything detrimental to you in terms of cardiac flow or circulation.

spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So Spoonman, are you saying you didn't get the same energy boost as you did with Ephedra? How about taking more Ephedrine to get a better effect? And do you take Caffeine with this too?

Thanks.

J.
    Well, don't get me wrong, Ephedrine gives me an energy boost and I'm sure it promotes fat loss, but the quality seems lower. With my old product, I went into the gym feeling energized and in a really good mood...but I have not been able to get that from ephedrine. It will give me a buzz, but when Im done with my workout and coming down, I feel ****ty and end up very tired. When I tried stacking it with caffeine I felt way ****tier but I think that was because of the caffeine pills. However, I tried it with thermorexin and couple different other far burners and that seemed to work good. For me, when I upped the dose past 1 ephedrine pill it didnt seem to work better, probably just made me feel worse. I even went up to doing a couple ephedrines and 2-3 thermorexins at once. The best combo I have tried so far is an ephedrine with a different type of fat burner. I got Flexstars lipoburn and that works good with ephedrine too. Right now, I have some yohimbe in the mail so I will see if the EY is good as those were the main ingredients in the old pills that I loved.

Peace,
    Matt
    Unlock the true potential of all your supplements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=820217

RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50) RepubCarrier will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by spoonman
    Well, don't get me wrong, Ephedrine gives me an energy boost and I'm sure it promotes fat loss, but the quality seems lower. With my old product, I went into the gym feeling energized and in a really good mood...but I have not been able to get that from ephedrine. It will give me a buzz, but when Im done with my workout and coming down, I feel ****ty and end up very tired. When I tried stacking it with caffeine I felt way ****tier but I think that was because of the caffeine pills. However, I tried it with thermorexin and couple different other far burners and that seemed to work good. For me, when I upped the dose past 1 ephedrine pill it didnt seem to work better, probably just made me feel worse. I even went up to doing a couple ephedrines and 2-3 thermorexins at once. The best combo I have tried so far is an ephedrine with a different type of fat burner. I got Flexstars lipoburn and that works good with ephedrine too. Right now, I have some yohimbe in the mail so I will see if the EY is good as those were the main ingredients in the old pills that I loved.

Peace,
    Matt
    you feel burnt out because you just blew the hell out of your nervous system. that's the point, if you're using it as a PW-stimulant. if you can't deal with the heat then get out of the kitchen.

I get the same feeling when I max a powerlift. the real kicker is maxing your lifts with a 400mg caffeine + 50mg ephedrine dose in you... my hands don't stop shaking till 4 hours after I get home from the workout.

No, I think I used a pure Natures Super Cap Ephedra

No, I used a pure Nature's Super cap pure Ephedra with I think over 800 mg's of Ephedra Extract, pure. And I felt it gave me more of a boost than the Ephedrine HCL 25 mg's. Am I wrong? Or maybe again it's psychological. I don't know. I'm not sure. What do you think?

Thanks.

J.

or maybe it was not pure Ephedra.

Or maybe it was not pure Ephedra, I'm not sure.

No, I used a pure Nature's Super cap pure Ephedra with I think over 800 mg's of Ephedra Extract, pure. And I felt it gave me more of a boost than the Ephedrine HCL 25 mg's. Am I wrong? Or maybe again it's psychological. I don't know. I'm not sure. What do you think?

Thanks.

J.
    If I'm not mistaken, there was usually an attempt to standardize ephedrine content in ephedra at 6%-8%. This puts you at ~50 mg ephedrine from the 800 mg ephedra. Try using 50 mg ephedrine with 200 mg caffeine and get back to us.

IMO the combo pills with naturally occuring ephedra extract were way better. Less negative side effects and an overall better feeling/buzz. However, I am still experimenting. One tip for those trying to find a stack would be to find a good non-ephedra fat burner taht has a nice ingredient list, instead of plain caffeine pills (which made me feel ****ty) and stack it with ephedrine. I recently picked up these http://bodybuilding.com/store/fs/lb.html which are a very good value and work well with ephedrine. The main ingredients are caffeine anhydrous and synephrine. Stacked with ephedrine, it is very similar to the old products. I'm also going to try stacking ephedrine with yohimbe or maybe even EY and the lipoburn. Im still trying to find the best combo.

BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HCL is better imo.
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Ahhhhhh, why did they take away Ephedra?????????????//

Ahhhhh, why did they take away Ephedra. If you abuse it, it could be dangerous. I think they took away Ephedra because it was competing with the Pharmaceutical Industry. That's the way it goes sometimes. You finally find an effective weight loss and energy booster and it is taken away.
    Do you think Ephedra will ever be brought back? Ever?

Ahhhhh, why did they take away Ephedra. If you abuse it, it could be dangerous. I think they took away Ephedra because it was competing with the Pharmaceutical Industry. That's the way it goes sometimes. You finally find an effective weight loss and energy booster and it is taken away.
    Do you think Ephedra will ever be brought back? Ever?
    I wish...but its doubtful. The US tends to ban everything. For now, there are adequate replacements but it is a damn shame.

Wait a couple years, and they will ban ephedrine HCL too...
    no sig