irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50) irideflatland will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Safe to eat chicken 1 day past expire date?

I have chicken that says "eat or freeze by 8/4/07" in my fridge. Is it safe to eat it today?

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll eat it if you don't want to.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Should be fine to eat. Just smell it first and see if it has a sour smell if not eat it up!
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10) schleefr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why risk it? It's not like milk, you can't smell it and expect to know if it's safe to consume accurately. This is meat we are talking about, sorry but I personally wouldn't eat it. What's better, 10 dollars wasted or the medical bills, the hospital stay, the weight loss and the massive amounts of diarrhea?
    Last edited by schleefr; 08-05-2007 at 05:12 PM.

MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAXGYVER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by irideflatland View Post
    I have chicken that says "eat or freeze by 8/4/07" in my fridge. Is it safe to eat it today?
    Most expiry dates are just precautionary maesures. Some give you up to a couple weeks to play with. Though for Meat, I would never go more than 2-3 days past the expiry date

biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10) biodarwin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat it.

ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000) ilurk is just really nice. (+1000)
    if it smells weird or its slimy.. pass

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd eat it
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it's brown, snarf it down. If it's black, send it back.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't eat it. The very moment the clock ticks past the exp date, the chicken instantaneously goes from perfectly edible to dangerously toxic.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Don't eat it. The very moment the clock ticks past the exp date, the chicken instantaneously goes from perfectly edible to dangerously toxic.
    But if it is in date, it must be fine, so even if it is green and smells vial, it's guaranteed to be OK.

If chicken is at all 'off' you'll know about it. Even if it just smells a little bit - it will taste really quite bad.

busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100) busta hymen is not very well liked. (-100)
    With chicken, it's pretty easy to tell if it's no good or not. Give it a sniff.. if you can't smell anything, it's fine.

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile That's right . . .

Originally Posted by busta hymen View Post
    With chicken, it's pretty easy to tell if it's no good or not. Give it a sniff.. if you can't smell anything, it's fine.
    X2, just use some common sense. The date on the package is a "sell by" date, which includes some leeway for storage prior to use. But again, your nose is your friend.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jules Verne View Post
    But if it is in date, it must be fine, so even if it is green and smells vial, it's guaranteed to be OK.
    Exactly!
    No sir, I don't like it.

Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last week I had the best hamburger I've ever had - 3 days past expiration. I smelled that bad boy and I swear it was from the cow yesterday.

I think different places place expiration dates differently - If it's a higher scale place and they want their meat to taste EXTRA fresh, they post it sooner. If your out in the country and the place wants to save a dime for shipping and storage, post it as long as the FDA allows.
    Food is fuel.

howardalex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) howardalex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) howardalex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) howardalex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) howardalex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) howardalex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) howardalex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry

sometimes chicken goes off before its best before date, I've found I have to eat it like the next day or its off
    How many lesbians does it take to screw in a light bulb? Five...one to change it and four to make the documentary about it.

formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The dates are actually a little arbitrary. I wouldn't worry.

vinnie85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinnie85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sell by dates are used by grocery stores to cover their ass basically if u refrigerated/ freezed after buying then it should be fine. check to see if there's a smell. if its bad you'll know. but as stated before i usually don't leave meat in the fridge for longer then 4-5 days after the date of purchase and thats pushing it u need to consider the times u open ure fridge to get stuff out etc.