Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, this works unbelievably. I used to do this over summer back in high school, until it got to the point where my calves are at my desired size, then I stopped doing them.

Life is what you make it. Immashanku's Avatar
    Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Immashanku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think so. Before I used to workout, I was addicted to DDR. I got pretty good, and I always played on my toes. I ended up having some massive calves, but they have since left since I stopped playing
    17 Year Old Endo
    Started: 3/9/07

tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100) tiTHEking is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by khmerpride View Post
    The other guy is right, if your going to walk on ur toes all the time, your calve muscles will start to shorten resulting in inflexibility, I knew a guy who did that when he was younger and he had to get it corrected through surgery cause he wasn't able to go on his heels anymore.

thats probly cause his muscles werent developed

and for you guys telling me about calf exercises, if you didnt notice
    this isnt a topic about what to do in the gym

but it seems like the people with good stats and avatar pics recommend it and everybody who is 15 doesnt recommend it, so ill probably keep doing it
    Leave everything you've got in the gym when you walk out the door, otherwise you're an *******.

ThatLars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay this was like the second result when i searched for "calve growth walking on toes". And the whole thread was written in 2007 so this was basically a group of Neanderthal fighting over something they didn't know anything about 😂. Although a few people got some points right.

Anyway... Let's get this straight:

Running with landing Toes first can and probably will grow you Calves but you have to be careful. Because it's both stressfull for the the ligaments around your shin and a bottom up stress to your knee that it probably isn't used to when you haven't been walking on your toes before.

Sooo what to do? The thing is, modern running shoes are designed for the human to land heel first. And the Human feet are not designed to run on hard and straight pavement.
    So what i wanna say is that when you walk on the pavement you better just run like the running shoes where designed or you are risking an injury and even if you don't get injured the benefits probably aren't that big because the shoes are limiting the whole motion.

So if you want to grow your Calves by Walking, do it barefoot and on soft ground/sand. Now there is one important aspect, you have to grab the ground with your foot and in the moment you make the next step you have to push of with your Calves. This will provide the tention and volume the Calves need. If you don't do that and just let your body do something that it doesn't know very well anyway than you will end up like that guy that said he was allways walking on his Calves and had tiny legs.
    One last thing, don't overdo it in the first session because you will get the most nasty muscle soreness in muscles you never felt bevor. Be smart, start slow.

Also if you really can't grow your Calves like that then this could have to do with the composition of Muscel fibers you got in your calve. Mostly the calve is dominant in the type 2b fibers so the very explosive kind, try sprints, as soon as your feet have become used to the stress.

At last i wanna add that doing resistance training for Calves is recommended too, as long as you do it right! I don't want to explain that in its fullest on this thread but I tell you the 2 most important things very quick.

1. Do it in full range of motion if it's a seated calve raise or standing or anything between just make the Muskel stretch until the achilles tendon can't take tention of of your Calves.

2. Do them explosiv, but carefully, you got to find the point in the motion in which your calve can generate the most amount of force, from there you explode, controlle on top and lower it slow!

I hope i was able to help anyone that was wondering if he could grow his Calves and ended up reading those confusing things from 2007

Have fun growing your Calves now haha