xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Carb Cycling on a PHAT routine

So I was doing the Layne Norton PHAT routine. I love the heavy days coupled with the higher volume hypertrophy routine. Now I'm currently aroun 197 and wanting to drop 17lbs which would put me at 180 with 11 percent bodyfat.

I'm curious how carb cycling would work for this. I run everyday, putting up about 6:15 for a mile which helps me get lean, but I want to lose the fat by spring break. Would I do back to back high carb days (on my upper and lower power day) then medium carbs on the hypertrophy day? I actually prefer to train fasted in the morning then run later on at night after dinner. I can handle running with food in my system but pushing weights makes me puke and makes me lethargic.

A lot of things I have read say to cut all carbs on days off, but that seems counterproductive. (I have saturdays off from everything, but run Sunday through Friday)

Any suggestions or tips? I figured I would go for 20% carbs on hypertrophy days and 35% on power days. ( a good chunk PWO, majority between my PWO and run then a small amount immediately after my run).

Or should I do a low carb throughout my workouts then have a high carb day on both days off? So that I can replenish all my glycogen reserves for the coming days?
    No fap month?

Fux it! No Fap Till I'm At 12% Body Fat

TommyVanNguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xSCMxKeraed View Post
    So I was doing the Layne Norton PHAT routine. I love the heavy days coupled with the higher volume hypertrophy routine. Now I'm currently aroun 197 and wanting to drop 17lbs which would put me at 180 with 11 percent bodyfat.

I'm curious how carb cycling would work for this. I run everyday, putting up about 6:15 for a mile which helps me get lean, but I want to lose the fat by spring break. Would I do back to back high carb days (on my upper and lower power day) then medium carbs on the hypertrophy day? I actually prefer to train fasted in the morning then run later on at night after dinner. I can handle running with food in my system but pushing weights makes me puke and makes me lethargic.

A lot of things I have read say to cut all carbs on days off, but that seems counterproductive. (I have saturdays off from everything, but run Sunday through Friday)

Any suggestions or tips? I figured I would go for 20% carbs on hypertrophy days and 35% on power days. ( a good chunk PWO, majority between my PWO and run then a small amount immediately after my run).

Or should I do a low carb throughout my workouts then have a high carb day on both days off? So that I can replenish all my glycogen reserves for the coming days?

I recommend you going on a high carb day on your power day, low on rest days, and medium on your hyper day