PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need some good advice, beginner here

I'm really a beginner when it comes to weight training. I'm extremely skinny and have always been my whole life. Apparently it's my fast metabolism. Since I can't seem to gain any weight from eating I thought it's about time I start to work out, seriously. I'm 6'0" tall and I only weigh 130lbs. Like I said, I'm a stick. I've been working out for the past 3 weeks just to get my muscles back into the flow and used to training again. I've been doing this workout program recommended to me by Anthony Ellis(not sure if anyone know him) of SkinnyGuy.net. It goes like this:

Mon - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Tue - Rest
    Wed - Legs
    Thur - Rest
    Fri - Back/Biceps
    Sat - Rest
    Sun - Rest

Ellis' beginner program has me doing 3-4 sets of each exercise at 10-15 reps. Then after 3-4 weeks on this he says to start the mass work out which consists of the same schedule, but 4 sets at 8, 6, 4, 2 reps, then 2 burnout to failure sets for each exercise.

I'm wondering what peoples opinion's on this are and if you have any other recommendations if this is not good for me. Keep in mind my body structure is very unlike most of you I'm sure. Thanks guys.

liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) liftingbuddy1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
    I'm really a beginner when it comes to weight training. I'm extremely skinny and have always been my whole life. Apparently it's my fast metabolism. Since I can't seem to gain any weight from eating I thought it's about time I start to work out, seriously. I'm 6'0" tall and I only weigh 130lbs. Like I said, I'm a stick. I've been working out for the past 3 weeks just to get my muscles back into the flow and used to training again. I've been doing this workout program recommended to me by Anthony Ellis(not sure if anyone know him) of SkinnyGuy.net. It goes like this:

Mon - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Tue - Rest
    Wed - Legs
    Thur - Rest
    Fri - Back/Biceps
    Sat - Rest
    Sun - Rest

Ellis' beginner program has me doing 3-4 sets of each exercise at 10-15 reps. Then after 3-4 weeks on this he says to start the mass work out which consists of the same schedule, but 4 sets at 8, 6, 4, 2 reps, then 2 burnout to failure sets for each exercise.

I'm wondering what peoples opinion's on this are and if you have any other recommendations if this is not good for me. Keep in mind my body structure is very unlike most of you I'm sure. Thanks guys.
    What's your diet like? How many cals is that per day? How many grams of protein do you get daily? Are you doing any cardio? Are you using any supplements?

Mike

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can already tell that you're going to need to start tracking your calories and start cramming your mouth with food/weight gainer.
    BTDT

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by liftingbuddy1 View Post
    What's your diet like? How many cals is that per day? How many grams of protein do you get daily? Are you doing any cardio? Are you using any supplements?

Mike

I don't track my calories, it's hard when I'm buying my lunch almost everyday since I'm working. On the days I work out I drink 2 whey protein shakes (20g each) and just one on the days I'm not working out. I probably eat about 30g of protein per day on top of that. Right now I've only been taking the Whey but I just purchased No Xplode and Cellmass by recommendation so I was planning on using those (No Xplode pre-workout, Cellmass post-workout). I do almost no cardio, as Ellis' workout claims to mostly rest in between workouts. Aside from about 5 min. or cardio to warm up before I work out, I really don't do anything else.

Originally Posted by Tallbill View Post
    I can already tell that you're going to need to start tracking your calories and start cramming your mouth with food/weight gainer.

How do I go about cramming my mouth with food? My problem has always been knowing what foods to eat. Also the fact that I work 9-6 everyday including Saturdays makes it hard.

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fitday.com worked great to track my calories. Maybe instead of a protein shake, get some weight gainer like Real Gains. Two Real Gains shakes a day would be 1220 calories and 104g of protein, and fairly inexpensive.
    BTDT

Originally Posted by Tallbill View Post
    Fitday.com worked great to track my calories. Maybe instead of a protein shake, get some weight gainer like Real Gains. Two Real Gains shakes a day would be 1220 calories and 104g of protein, and fairly inexpensive.
    Fitday looks great, I'll definately start using that. And I'll look into the Real Gains shakes, that sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks a lot for the tips.

Btw, any idea how many calories a day I should be eating?

tpete916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was once that skinny guy you are now i was 6'1, 135 and wanted to get big. I started stuffing myself with food left and right. I also took no-xplode, worked well. So in order to gain weight eat a lot of food and work out extremely hard and within a couple of months you will get peopel to be turning their heads.

Originally Posted by tpete916 View Post
    I was once that skinny guy you are now i was 6'1, 135 and wanted to get big. I started stuffing myself with food left and right. I also took no-xplode, worked well. So in order to gain weight eat a lot of food and work out extremely hard and within a couple of months you will get peopel to be turning their heads.

I appreciate the support. I have the determination, I'm not one of those people that starts something and doesn't finish. All I need is some direction and I'm confident I will see results. So far you guys have been very helpful and I'll continue to search this forum.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Noxplode is an energy supp, which contains ingredients that may actually make it harder to gain weight (caffeine, etc.) cellmass is a particular blend of creatine and glutamine that most people respond very well too. You may not need either of these just yet.

I understand you are working everyday, but you need to bring food with you...and lots of its! Since you seem to be extremely endomorphic you need to eat more more calories and carbs than most. If your co-workers start saying "dude why are you eating all the time?" THATS GOOD! Try to take in more than 3 meals a day atleast 5, preferably 6, more if you want.

Focus on having meals with lower gi carbs (whole wheat, brown rice, sweet potatos, fruites and veggies) healthy fats (almonds, natty pb, avocado) and lean protein (you know what lean protein is)

around your workout, you may want to have higher gi carbs. Because you are so ectomorphic you may even want these both PRE AND POST workout with your whey shakes. you can buy things such as dextrose dirt cheap.

Being a begginer you are in your prime time to grow, best gains of your life. Please try and think up a diet and show it to us.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    Noxplode is an energy supp, which contains ingredients that may actually make it harder to gain weight (caffeine, etc.) cellmass is a particular blend of creatine and glutamine that most people respond very well too. You may not need either of these just yet.

I understand you are working everyday, but you need to bring food with you...and lots of its! Since you seem to be extremely endomorphic you need to eat more more calories and carbs than most. If your co-workers start saying "dude why are you eating all the time?" THATS GOOD! Try to take in more than 3 meals a day atleast 5, preferably 6, more if you want.

Focus on having meals with lower gi carbs (whole wheat, brown rice, sweet potatos, fruites and veggies) healthy fats (almonds, natty pb, avocado) and lean protein (you know what lean protein is)

around your workout, you may want to have higher gi carbs. Because you are so ectomorphic you may even want these both PRE AND POST workout with your whey shakes. you can buy things such as dextrose dirt cheap.

Being a begginer you are in your prime time to grow, best gains of your life. Please try and think up a diet and show it to us.

My diet right now is not very contingent to me getting bigger, that I can tell. I usually eat eggs in the morning although I'm going to start just buying the egg whites and eating those. I'll have one protein shake b4 I go to work. Then I usually don't eat again until 12-1 for lunch. I work in a Metro area so there are plenty of options, I'm just not really sure what to look for. If you could suggest a few things I could bring to work that would really help me out. I then usually don't eat again until 6ish when I'll have dinner and a protein shake. Then I'll eat a snack like some mixed nuts or a sandwhich around 8ish. I then end the day with a PB&J sandwhich and a glass of milk.

P.S. What do you think of these Real Gains shakes?

canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This doesn't need to be a lengthy response to your question. The fact of the matter is that you're not eating enough. You need to eat more....period.

/end thread.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125391261

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My diet right now is not very contingent to me getting bigger, that I can tell. I usually eat eggs in the morning although I'm going to start just buying the egg whites and eating those. I'll have one protein shake b4 I go to work. Then I usually don't eat again until 12-1 for lunch. I work in a Metro area so there are plenty of options, I'm just not really sure what to look for. If you could suggest a few things I could bring to work that would really help me out. I then usually don't eat again until 6ish when I'll have dinner and a protein shake. Then I'll eat a snack like some mixed nuts or a sandwhich around 8ish. I then end the day with a PB&J sandwhich and a glass of milk.

P.S. What do you think of these Real Gains shakes?
    for work (almonds, triscuits, bring protein with you)

that is not enough at all. In the morning you can have the maybe 2 whole eggs (omega 3 eggs if you like them)and 3/4 cup egg whites + oatmeal or whole wheat cereal with skim milk and fruit.

at work you could have a real gains shake if you want. But a protein shake with some wheat bread+natty pb, and some more fruit, would probably be better

at lunch i guess the best food joint would be a subway (if you can pack we will discuss that) if you go to subway get a healthy sub choice, with double meat on wheat bread and 12" inches. avoid the chips and cookies, get some raisins and maybe a milk. Eat half of the 12 inch double meat sub with triscuits and 20 or so almonds and a serving of triscuits

eat the other half of the sub with 20 or so almonds and triscuits around 3:30

have dinner around 6 when you get home, dont need the protein shake, focus on lean meats, complex carbs, fibrous veggies, and healthy fats.

8ish have your mixed nuts, maybe some more lean protein

before bed, healthy fats + lean protein (cottage cheese would be fine)

Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sammy5150 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agree with the ppl here... Get as much food in as you can... 6 meals a day... The biggest mistake newbies make is forgetting diet... Diet is 80% of the work!
    The closer you are to death, the more alive you feel.

for work (almonds, triscuits, bring protein with you)

that is not enough at all. In the morning you can have the maybe 2 whole eggs (omega 3 eggs if you like them)and 3/4 cup egg whites + oatmeal or whole wheat cereal with skim milk and fruit.

at work you could have a real gains shake if you want. But a protein shake with some wheat bread+natty pb, and some more fruit, would probably be better

at lunch i guess the best food joint would be a subway (if you can pack we will discuss that) if you go to subway get a healthy sub choice, with double meat on wheat bread and 12" inches. avoid the chips and cookies, get some raisins and maybe a milk. Eat half of the 12 inch double meat sub with triscuits and 20 or so almonds and a serving of triscuits

eat the other half of the sub with 20 or so almonds and triscuits around 3:30

have dinner around 6 when you get home, dont need the protein shake, focus on lean meats, complex carbs, fibrous veggies, and healthy fats.

8ish have your mixed nuts, maybe some more lean protein

before bed, healthy fats + lean protein (cottage cheese would be fine)

This protein shake you're talking about with wheat bread and natural pb, how exactly do you make that?

This protein shake you're talking about with wheat bread and natural pb, how exactly do you make that?
    just have bread+pb and a piece of fruit, and drink a protein shake with it.

just have bread+pb and a piece of fruit, and drink a protein shake with it.
    Alright I'll definitely work on eating more. I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to adapt to eating so much more than normal but I'm definately going to give it a try. Maybe I'll get those Real Gains shakes for a little while to help me get adjusted since two of those would be 1200+ calories.

Any suggestions on my workout or is my current workout ok for now?
    Last edited by PuffinMyLye; 08-04-2007 at 06:45 PM.

look for a begginers workout, maybe ripptoes, or 5x5, you dont want to go in there and just annihilate everything right away.

If you get a weight gainer, don't get locked into one brand either. Thats just the one that I've found to work best for me. But your body is different then mine. But adding 1200 calories to your diet plus some more whole foods will work. Its not the cleanest way, but you need to bulk. Worry about cutting later once you've put 50 pounds on.
    BTDT