Closed Thread
    300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Expired Muscle Milk, still good?

The best before date on some muscle milk I came across at my house was 8 months ago. It's still sealed, I had it in the back of my walk-in closet, pretty far back in, with no light or anything. Just curious if anyone here would bother with it. I have new containers, just wondering if it's useful.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

You might want to e-mail Cytosport and ask them. If the container has been sealed and no moisture has gotten to the product, then I don't see what could have gone bad with it -- worst I could possibly see is a skunked taste, if anything. I guess that it's possible that one or more of the ingredients may have lost their potency or effectiveness over that time, but they would probably be the best ones to ask.

Or if it's a flavor you like, you could buy a fresh container of the same and mix them together. I'd hate to see it go to waste.

C.K.

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If it has a "sour" smell, throw it out, it's starting to ferment.

300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No it smells fine. I haven't tried it yet though. What's weird is that I looked at another container of Muscle Milk that I have and there is no expiry date listed, what's with this?

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sometimes when they go through the printing station they can get skipped, or the print head runs out of ink, or fails to make contact, etc.
    Not a big deal if they are sealed.

Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would stay away from expired Muscle Milk. Unlike regular protein powders which are usually good for several months after the expiration date, Muscle Milk seems to go south really quick, even before the expiration date. I've had several bad experiences, especially with the Chocolate and Orange flavors. I bought them at GNC thinking I was getting a great deal since they were marked down due to being close to the expiration date. They both tasted like crap. The drink was very thin when mixed, not thick and filling like it should be. They just didn't taste right.

I would have just assumed that Muscle Milk sucked, except that I have had fresh Muscle Milk at the Arnold Classic, and it tastes awesome. I think it has something to do with the extra fats, which I assume must turn rancid, and therefore affect the taste of your shake. I have had a similar experience with Prolab's Lean Mass Matrix, which also contains added fats. My new rule of thumb is to avoid these new-wave protein powders like the plague if they are close to the expiration date. This rule also applies to any protein bar.
    "It ain't where ya' from, it's where ya' at." - Eric B & Rakim

Great thanks for the heads up. I'm going to throw them both out just incase and buy a new container. Thanks again guys.

Xseeyah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    can it be harmful? i cant tell if it smells sour or not. the GNC sticker had it marked down, but the bottle itself says best sold by 9-2007.

I think i should be fine right? i bought it last april-may time.

Xseeyah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just drank it. and it tasted ALOT diff then my ON whey protien. Alot more thick and a different after taste and a lil chalky. dunno if i had the right water amount in there, it said 10-12 ounces and after 2 scoops it was already @ 5 so i filled it up to about 17oz on the side marker.

xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10) xjae is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They have an "expiration date" for a reason. Hope that helped.

fatboyjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

expiration

Originally Posted by xjae View Post
    They have an "expiration date" for a reason. Hope that helped.
    I just drank a muscle milk that was expired 2 years ago. Still taste the same. figured it says contains no milk so chances are it should be ok

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fatboyjohn View Post
    I just drank a muscle milk that was expired 2 years ago. Still taste the same. figured it says contains no milk so chances are it should be ok
    you should never do this. protein supps are powdered food would you eat a steak that went bad 2 years ago? I dont think so
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by emergency View Post
    you should never do this. protein supps are powdered food would you eat a steak that went bad 2 years ago? I dont think so
    Second this ^^^
    I personally wouldn't touch anything CytoSport. 4 plus years and I've never ever used their stuff and never will!!!

baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) baramund is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by 300C View Post
    The best before date on some muscle milk I came across at my house was 8 months ago. It's still sealed, I had it in the back of my walk-in closet, pretty far back in, with no light or anything. Just curious if anyone here would bother with it. I have new containers, just wondering if it's useful.
    I've used stuff a year old that I bought a lot of, on sale.

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've used expired protein tons of times.. no issues. Good luck!
    ….