TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Motivational Weight Lifting/Training Quotes

What are some quotes you guys live by?

Pain is weakness leaving the body
    Pain is temporary but Pride is forever
    I'm not addicted, just dedicated

Location: But the time has come when all good things shall pass.
    Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool My favourites.

- "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off."

- "The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive."

- "First you fuel the desire, then the desire will fuel you."

- "An ounce of action is better than a ton of words."

- "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

- "Make me proud today!" said the dumbell...

- "Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You..."

- "Press On."

- "You designed yourself."

- "The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

- "If something`s worth doing, it`s worth doing properly."

- "It Will Never Be Today Again."

- "Don't look at the weight, just lift the ****!"

- "Limits are for people who have them."

- "Don't do your best, Do what it takes!"

- "Be Charitable... Lift harder for those who can't."

- "I'm not selling out, I'm buying in..."

- "There is no magic pill, just lots of hard work and dedication."

- "If you're not gonna squat and deadlift.... GO HOME AND SLEEP!!!"

- "I will persist until I succeed."

- "I was not delivered into this world into defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep."

- "The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny."

- "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

- "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- "Run, Forest, Run!!"

- "Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine."

- "The elevator to success is out of order, your going to have to take the stairs."

- "I wish i knew what i know now 5 years ago"

- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

- "Achievment has much more to do with belief and sheer determination than talent and academic qualifications."

- "Shut Up and Train."

- "No pain, no gain"

- "What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"

- "The world meets nobody halfway, if you want it you gotta take it!"

- "Hit the wall, Tear it down"

- "INTENSITY IS KEY if they're lookin at you so what **** em, yell louder, there wasting there time We came to lift not to watch."

- "We cant have Weakness, Tolerance for Pain"

- "Dedicated for the rest of my life."

- "Whatever it takes."

- "Play every game as if it's your last."

- "Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and such affirmations that destiny can do nothing but obey."

- "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions, I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is precisely why I succeed."

- "If you're going through hell, keep going."

- "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

- "To be great it takes planning, work, dedication, courage, and aggression. If you lack one of these, you will fail and you have no one to blame but yourself."

- "Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not."

- "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

- "One cannot be betrayed if one has no people."

- "A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

- "Tough Times Don't last but tough people Do."

- "Don't worry about others or where you came from..It ain't what you were, it's what you have become ..."

- "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

- "I don't train to compete. I only compete to have a reason to train."

- "I ain't gonna quit even if my eyes bleed."

- "The body isn't used to maybe the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th rep with a certain weight, so THAT makes the body grow then...going through this pain barrier. Experiencing pain in your muscles and aching and just going on and on and on and these last two or three or four repetitions that's what makes the muscles grow. And that's what divides one from a champion and one from not being a champion. If you can go through this pain barrier, you may get to be a champion. If you can't go through, forget it. And that's what most people lack...it's having the guts...the guts to go in and say 'I'll go through no matter what happens.' It aches! And if I fall down -- I have no fear of fainting in the gym! I know it could happen. I threw up many times while I was working out but it doesn't matter...because it's all worth it!!" - Arnie

- "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!"

- "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."

- "Light Weight Babyyyy!!!!"

- "Ain't nothin but a peanut."

- "I look like ****, weights will change me."

- "You are not finished when you lose, your finished when you quit."

- "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence"

- "The best thing about pain, it lets you know you aren't dead yet."

- "Don't think about how weak you are, think of how strong you're going to be"

- "Humility leads to strength and not to weakness. It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them."

- "Of course, a lot of people are going to look at you and think it's kind of strange, what you're doing. But those are the people who don't know much about it."

- "I do what I want, and am damn proud of it, with no regrets"

- "We must either find a way or make one."

- "Nobody ever won a war by dying for his country - he won it by making the other poor son-of-a-bitch die for his"

- "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."

- "When the passion for success is strong, anything is possible."

- "If you can dream it you can do it."

- "The difference between dreams and accomplishments is purely desire"

- "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that."

- "Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

- "I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian."

- "Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."

- "It is not how busy you are that matters , it is why you are busy ..... the bee is praised while the mosquito is swatted"

- "You have to be prepared for the possibility that God does not like you."

- "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."

- "Only he who dares to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."

- "He who never made a mistake never made a discovery."

- "I know where I'm going and I know the truth and I don't have to be what you want me to be I'm free to be what i want"

- "Hard work defines you and your character"

- "Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today."

- "You live only once, but if you work it right, once is enough."
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."

Location: But the time has come when all good things shall pass.
    Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool My Favourites - [Continued]

- "The only way to predict the future is to create it."

- "Pain is temperary, Glory is forever"

- "It's about the man next to you, and that is all it is"

- "The best way out of a difficulty is through it."

- "If you always do what you've done, you'll always get what you've got."

- "The more I sweat in peace, the less I bleed in war."

- "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step."

- "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

- "Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead."

- "Follow your heart cuz you can go where ever the fucck your heart wants you to go"

- "And when you reminisce thinking how you got dissed, remember how it felt"

- "Be true to you and that way you can never fall"-

- "Im certified crazy, so sick the world made me"

- "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

- "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools."

- "Be sure to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get."

- "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

- "Don't ever stop, just push until you hit the top, and if you try, at least you know you gave your all, be true to you, and that way you can never fall ... be true to you, believe that there is no one bigger, cause they can all suck dick."

- "Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."

- "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me"

- "It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved..."

- "Without discipline, no matter how good you are, you are nothing! One day, and I might not be around; you're going to meet a tough guy who takes your best shot. He'll keep coming because he's tough. Don't get discouraged. That's when the discipline comes in."

- "I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain."

- "No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that."

- "I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

- "There is no tommorrow if you don't believe in who you are"

- "Only the weak attempts to accomplish what he knows he can already achieve."

- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

- "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

- "It's never too late to be who you might have been."

- "My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet.."

- "Train for the worst and the best will happen."

- "I guess it comes down to on choice. Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'"

- "You all may call me crazy but this is what you gave me"

- "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

- "Train beyond the pain... and death is your only release"
    - "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!."

triplewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    “If you are going through hell, keep going.”

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
    stay motivated.......
    www.motivationz.co.cc

davesmith34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

advise?

i need some advise. i have been running with the same lifting program and its gotten me to 245 bench and ive increased my wieght by thirty five lbs sence 4 months ago...but now i feel im platoing and getting less results from it the program ive been doing is starting with bench
    i do 12 reps with 175lbs then 15 reps with 175 then 3 reps with 200 ( slow like negatives) then two sets of six at 185lbs
    then i do incline with two sets of 12 with 135 and then three sets of seven with 145lbs
    and so on i do decline dbs inline db bd benchpress sitting flys with a cable machine flat bench flys tricept pull downs over head tricept one handed over head triceps forarm curls, then i wait about fifteen minutes after taking protein and go start with shoulders and back i do shoulder press lat pull down, back pulls( like seated rows) i try and do wide grip pull ups but 6-7 is about the most im able to get by then then i do shoulder raises (like standing flys) then i do wide grips curls with a couple burn out sets of 6 with heavy wieght then i use the curved bar and do 4 sets of curls on then then i do some more lat pull downs and dips and push ups... it takes me about 4 to 4 and a half hours after school but id like a new mix up of things to do here pretty soon... if any one has advise please give me a quick reply thanks.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10) cmitterholzer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    **** out duh way!

Gains....gains....mo gains....

ששש בלי דמעות, רק חלומות Mullahz218's Avatar
    Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    will neg anyone who posts that ****ty overused "out deepest fear is that we're inadequate"

OT:

"Better to run than curse the road"

Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ryanwegner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    got a few zyzz quotes in my collection.

"live love laugh" - zyzz

"“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” - zyzz

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - zyzz

"I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle" - zyzz

"DOH!" - zyzz

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!" - zyzz

Feel free to add any of your own
    Come at me brah.

Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pain is weakness leaving the body is a good quote, but damn an injury is frustrating! Is there a quote about how to deal with the mind wanting the body to work out, but the body says, "That's it, do more damage, Stupid!". lol

Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chalky50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - zyzz I think this was a quote by Marilyn Monroe. I don't care how beautiful a woman is, after putting up with a pretty one for years with this attitude, I'm telling you, guys, it's not worth it. Run from her as fast as you can.

Thanks for the great quotes, especially from the eloquent speech by Martin Luther King, Jr. That was a spine tingling speech whether you liked the man or not. Like Dylan said, "The times are a changin'". Let us respect and appreciate one another and our diverse cultures. Life is tough enough for us all, so why make life hell for our fellow man?

SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In for quotes

Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dybz97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'
    Muhammad Ali

But I'm not a powerlifter Aasemd's Avatar
    Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "The stronger I get the weaker they seem."

"EVERYTIME you skip training you make It that much easier for me to beat you"

My favorite quotes are a little sadistic because I somewhat thrive on being better than the next guy
    Who even cares?