Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up hands down, the best fat burner ever... yerba mate

I wanted to put this thread out to see who out there drinks Yerba Mate. No folks, I am not talking about the trace amount that some companies are putting into their supplements these days just trying to add one more thing to their ingredient list, but the REAL YERBA MATE, that people drink in Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Paraguay. I started drinking it in Buenos Aires 2 years ago, and I still drink it all the time. Its xanthines give you an effect that leaves Ephedra in the dust... read on if your not familiar with it.

Let me know if anybody out there drinks Mate, and their thoughts about it. Anybody with any questions feel free.
    Here is some info.....

Yerba Mate, or Mate as it is often called, is a South American herb that has won many admirers in wide-ranging parts of the world. In the search for a natural stimulant devoid of side effects and toxicity, Mate currently holds the most hope. An invigorator of the mind and body, a natural source of nutrition, and a health promoter par excellence, Mate deserves the attention of every person interested in optimum health. Yerba Mate was introduced to colonizing and modern civilizations by the primitive Guarani Indians of Paraguay and Argentina. It has seemingly always been the most common ingredient in household cures of the Guarani. In modern Argentina and Paraguay, however, Mate tea has become almost pathologically ritualized in a manner reminiscent of coffee and tea abuse in Western and Eastern countries. Among the native Guarani, on the other hand, the natural use of Mate for healthful purposes has persisted. They use it to boost immunity, cleanse and detoxify the blood, tone the nervous system, restore youthful hair color, retard aging, combat fatigue, stimulate the mind, control the appetite, reduce the effects of debilitating disease, reduce stress, and eliminate insomnia.

Mate (flex paraguariensis) is an evergreen member of the holly family. It grows wild in Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Brazil, but is most abundant in Paraguay where it is also cultivated. The plant is classified vaguely, according to Western herbal medicine, as aromatic, stimulant, bitter, aperient (laxative), astringent, diuretic, purgative, sudorific (sweat inducing), and febrifuge (fever reducing). Mate contains numerous vitamins and minerals. There is the usual array of resins, fiber, volatile oil, and tannins that characterize many plant substances. And there is also carotene; vitamins A. C, E, B-1, B-2 and B-complex; riboflavin; nicotinic acid; pantothenic acid; biotin; magnesium; calcium; iron; sodium; potassium; manganese; silicon; phosphates; sulfur; hydrochloric acid; chlorophyll; choline; and inositol. In 1964 one group of investigators from the Pasteur Institute and the Paris Scientific Society concluded that Mate contains practically all of the vitamins necessary to sustain life.

In addition to the regular nutrients, Mate contains a substance belonging to a specialized class of chemical compounds called xanthines. Though only small amounts of these substances occur in Mate, their presence has generated a huge amount of attention. The primary xanthine in Yerba Mate is called Mateine. The substance probably contributes little, if anything, to the overall activity of the plant, but has drawn a disproportionate share of speculation. Some xanthines are obviously less desirable, such as caffeine. Others, such as theophylline and theobromine, have specialized action and a characteristic set of side effects. Although the xanthines have similar chemistries, each has a unique set of properties. Researchers at the Free Hygienic Institute of Hamburg, Germany, concluded that even if there were caffeine in Mate, the amount would be so tiny that it would take 100 tea bags of Mate in a 6-ounce cup of water to equal the caffeine in a 6-ounce serving of regular coffee. Consequently, the active principle in Yerba Mate is not caffeine!

There is only one effect that seems to be shared by all xanthines: smooth muscle relaxation. It is this action that makes them (with the exception of caffeine, in which smooth muscle relaxant effects are diminished by other side effects) good clinical dilators of the bronchi and hence useful in the treatment of asthma. Mateine appears, then, to possess the best combination of xanthine properties possible. For example, like other xanthines, it stimulates the central nervous system; but unlike most, it is not habituating or addicting. Likewise, unlike caffeine, it induces better, not worse, attributes of sleep. It is a mild, not a strong, diuretic, as are many xanthines. It relaxes peripheral blood vessels, thereby reducing blood pressure, without the strong effects on the medulla oblongata (end part of the brain connecting to the spine) and heart exhibited by some xanthines. We also know that it improves psychomotor performance without the typical xanthine-induced depressant after effects. Dr. Jose Martin, Director of the National Institute of Technology in Paraguay, writes, "New research and better technology have shown that while Mateine has a chemical constituency similar to caffeine, the molecular binding is different. Mateine has none of the ill effects of caffeine." And Horacio Conesa, professor at the University of Buenos Aires Medical School, states, "There is not a single medical contraindication" for ingesting Mate. Clinical studies show, in fact, that even individuals with caffeine sensitivities can ingest Mate without adverse reactions.

GASTROINTESTINAL PROPERTIES
    Perhaps the main area to benefit from Mate is the gastrointestinal tract. Reported effects range from immediate improvement in digestion to the ability to repair damaged and diseased gastrointestinal tissues. Constipation, acute or chronic, can easily be overcome through the use of Mate. Mate appears to work mainly by softening the fecal mass, but it also appears to stimulate normal movement of the intestines to some degree.

EFFECTS ON THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
    Better than any other xanthine alkaloid, Mate has the ability to increase mental alertness and acuity and to do it without any side effects such as nervousness and jitters. It seems to act like a tonic, stimulating a weakened and depressed nervous system and sedating an overexcited one. Our knowledge of Mate's effects is currently limited to observations of behavior changes such as more energy and vitality; better ability to concentrate less nervousness, agitation, and anxiety; and increased resistance to both physical and mental fatigue. Improvement in mood, especially in cases of depression, often follows drinking the tea. This may be a direct or indirect result of increased energy. One of the remarkable aspects of Mate is that it does not interfere with sleep cycles; in fact, it has a tendency to balance the cycles, inducing more rapid eye movement (REM) sleep when necessary, or increasing the amount of time spent in delta states (deep sleep).

CARDIOVASCULAR EFFECTS
    Heart Ailments of all kinds have been treated or prevented through Yerba Mate use. Yerba Mate supplies many of the nutrients required by the heart for growth and repair. In addition, it increases the supply of oxygen to the heart, especially during periods of stress or exercise. Mate has become a favorite of body builders and anyone interested in the health benefits of exercise. The metabolic effects of Mate appear to include the ability to maintain aerobic glycolysis (breakdown of carbohydrates) during exercise for longer periods of time. This results in burning more calories, increasing cardiac efficiency, and delaying anaerobic glycolysis and the resulting buildup of lactic acid during exercise. Reports of Mate reducing blood pressure are not uncommon.

EFFECTS ON THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
    A consistent observation in most South American literature on Mate is that it increases the immune response of the body, stimulating natural resistance to disease. This results in a nourishing and strengthening effect on the ill person, both during the course of the illness and during convalescence, sometimes dramatically accelerating recovery times. Exact mechanisms of Mate's action have not been worked out, but they involve both a direct action against infectious organisms, and an effect on overall resistance to disease. The nutritional content of the plant probably plays a major role here, but it is also probable that other constituents contribute to the action by stimulating the activity of white blood cells.

NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES
    The interaction of the many nutrients in Mate have never been systematically studied. But the stories surrounding the nutritional application of Mate tea are nothing short of amazing. Mate is often used as a staple food, sometimes substituting for such important foods as bread and vegetables. It easily eliminates the sensation of hunger and can impart as much invigoration as a full meal, according to the well-known Chilean herbalists J. Zin and R. Weiss. Peace Corps workers have reported cases in which large groups of natives remain in good health for extended periods of drought and famine, even though they eat only one small meal per day. How so? By drinking copious amounts of Yerba Mate tea. Some natives spend their entire lives on such a diet and live to very advanced ages, sometimes in excess of 100 years. South American governments have adopted the practice of encouraging mothers, especially in the poorer regions, to include Yerba Mate in the diet of their school-age children.

50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 50GRAMS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Where can you get this stuff?
    What results did you get from this

Registered User Master Splinter's Avatar
    Master Splinter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hah yeahh dood u cant just leave us hangin like that....tell us where to get some and are u sureeee there are no negative side effects?? this is almost too good to be true...they call it the "drink of the gods" i was like whoaa....anyone know if this is the real deal or not worth it or perhaps where to get the drink...?

thanks for the info tho Citadel...ill def. check it out
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 01-26-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    "Anger Clouds the Mind. Turned Inward, it is an unconquerable Enemy." - Master Splinter

"If you're not strong, then you'd better be smart" -translated from an Irish proverb

"The ultimate measure of man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy." -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000)
    where's Colin . . .

Hearse Driving Weirdo Psychoholic's Avatar
    Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As goth666 said in his sig 'R.I.P. Colin Powell pic. 200?-2004'
    ***Georgia Crew***

Training with BBG!

SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalRugger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Psychoholic
    As goth666 said in his sig 'R.I.P. Colin Powell pic. 200?-2004'
    Here we go. Even if whatever the hell this thread is about was the best fat burner ever (which I'm pretty damn sure it isn't), I still gotta go with Colin on this one . . .
    Attached Images

Hearse Driving Weirdo Psychoholic's Avatar
    Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn, when did Colin get PC?
    ***Georgia Crew***

Training with BBG!

CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile Where to get it

Originally Posted by 50GRAMS
    Where can you get this stuff?
    What results did you get from this
    I first brought back tons of the stuff when I left Buenos Aires so I would have a big stash. The cut and pasted article is not untrue when it cites all the health benefits. If you dont trust this article, google "yerba, mate, health." Chances are that you could find some sites to buy it from, or you could always try ebay for cheaper prices, but at least you will learn some more about it and not have to take my word for it.

I dont know why people say "I am sure its not," when they have never tried it. Caffeine is regarded by many as a good fat burner, as was ephedra. All of these products have affects because of the xanthine compounds they contain. Mate happens to have a very unique compound that differs significantly. You know it does something by the fact that every fat burner in the industry is rushing to add it to their snake oil product.... All I am telling you is that it is cheaper in bulk, and actually has an effect, as you arent just injesting a trace amount in some pill.
    I am serious about this stuff people. Its not like I am in the business or anything so I have no alterior motives. I just started drinking this stuff 2 years ago and have become a big fan of the drink of the gods, as it really does the things that the article says it does. When people tell me they buy energy products or drink coffee, I laugh now... because they dont know the secret. In the gym I worked out at in Buenos Aires, people drank it during their work out.... People drink it for breakfast, people drink it at night.... all day long, etc etc. Do some research... its a cultural thing for them, and you just dont see fat people in Buenos Aires. I think mate may help contribute to that fact. PM me with questions. If you enjoyed learning somthing about it... hit me with some reps.
    If you dont want to try it.... fine, your loss. Just trying to get the word out about something that I swear by, which could help lots of other people the way it helped/helps me.

Smile

Originally Posted by Master Splinter
    hah yeahh dood u cant just leave us hangin like that....tell us where to get some and are u sureeee there are no negative side effects?? this is almost too good to be true...they call it the "drink of the gods" i was like whoaa....anyone know if this is the real deal or not worth it or perhaps where to get the drink...?

thanks for the info tho Citadel...ill def. check it out

Your right man, I just wanted to post the article about it first so that you guys would know what it is, and I ran out of words. (10,000 limit) I am telling you it isnt too good to be true... assuming you dont think it tastes terrible, which I will have to tell you that some people do. But it really is does the stuff it says it does, and MILLIONS of people drink it every day in Paraguay, Uraguay, Brazil, and Argentina... its like their own cultural drink that more people drink than coffee there. From drinking it for 2 years, I can tell you there are no negative side affects.... I can refer you to other articles about it on the web. Google "yerba, mate, health" and read away.... I dont want you just taking my word for it. You can get it in any of those countries I listed above, which is the most fun way... damn the girls are hot! Or, a little easier way, off of the net, ebay, or call fancy health food stores in your area.

Smile

Originally Posted by SoCalRugger
    where's Colin . . .
    I dont get it. Whats with the colin thing? If you dont believe me, run it through a search engine, read about it, maybe buy some and try it, and then tell me how it doesnt work. bottom line is, I bet if you actually did that, then would become a fan. As for Colin, he might even like it too...

MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So how much (many teabags?) of this is recommended to be taken daily?

-MIke
    ----\ www.givelife.org /----

My Weight loss Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293305

My Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=4232021

Forgive the Past, Live for Today, Dream of the Future

What The Bleep Do We Know?

Smile

Originally Posted by MC26VA

-MIke

It doesnt come in teabags, but rather loose in bulk. You put a special straw, with a screen on the end of it, into a cup and then pour the loose leaves into the cup. You then pour the water, hot or cold, over the leaves and suck them through the straw. The stuff is so powerful that you dont need to change the leaves. YOu can keep refilling it and drinking out of it all day long. Let me know if you try it... you will not be sorry

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MC26VA

-MIke

Mike, I checked this out on the net. Several sites make the same claims. One webpage said it could be made in a filter type coffeemaker. I think I saw teabags for sale. The traditional way is as Citadel described above.

A.FreeRadical
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

perhonen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Hi guys, I just happened to be reading this thread about Yerba Mate and wanted to say that what Citadel says is true. Yerba Mate has alot of health benefits and no side effects. I wouldn't go with the tea bags, the loose tea is better. If you don't want to buy the special cup and straw you can make it in a coffee pot with a filter just like you make coffee. I don't love the taste but it was recommended to me a few years ago and I've used it since. If you can't find it in a store I found places online that sell it. Didn't mean to butt into the conversation but just wanted to share my thoughts

Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by perhonen
    Hi guys, I just happened to be reading this thread about Yerba Mate and wanted to say that what Citadel says is true. Yerba Mate has alot of health benefits and no side effects. I wouldn't go with the tea bags, the loose tea is better. If you don't want to buy the special cup and straw you can make it in a coffee pot with a filter just like you make coffee. I don't love the taste but it was recommended to me a few years ago and I've used it since. If you can't find it in a store I found places online that sell it. Didn't mean to butt into the conversation but just wanted to share my thoughts
    Thanks for butting in. I would be interested to know the tangible benefits you and Citadel have gained from using this. I have read all of the claims, but what do you notice after using it for some time?

BTW, I found loose and tea bags at the Vitamin Shoppe $8 and $4 (rounded down) respectively. I bought both. I haven't tried it yet.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my 8 week cutting journal. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

I was suggested to use Yerba Mate for immune system and because I drank alot of coffee. In the afternoon when I had coffee after a few hours I would have really low blood sugar and have a hypoglycemic attack. So, I cut back on the afternoon coffee and had the tea instead. It worked in keeping me alert in the afternoon and no jitters or blood sugar problems. I also saw that it helped my immunity and I wasn't using it for weight loss but it seemed to suppress my appetite. It has a diuretic affect. I still don't love the taste but have gotten used to it.

I hope you will see the benfits you want by using it

Effects

[QUOTE=A.FreeRadical]Thanks for butting in. I would be interested to know the tangible benefits you and Citadel have gained from using this. I have read all of the claims, but what do you notice after using it for some time?

Mate is the weirdest stuff ever, in that it seems to do everything. If I am doing work late, I make some Mate and it keeps me awake and alert, minus the jitters/nervousness lots of coffee gives me. If I am tired and can't fall asleep, I brew up some Mate and it helps me sleep. Its one of the first weird things about it. It WILL keep you awake, and it CAN help you go to sleep.

I know that sounds nuts, but its true. Also, the stuff works like aderol if you need to concentrate. I would swear that it helps me concentrate.

It suppresses appetite, and is a great diuretic. It works great when I am cutting, to keep my energy level up, my hunger pangs down, and my water weight down.

When I was in Buenos Aires, I noticed some big guys drinking this stuff in the gym... it basically gives you a great energy boost, but also is also opens up your blood vessels. Its a sudorific (makes you sweat). I know its dilates blood vessels and the bronchi and people use it for Asthma, so in that respects its the same effects as Ephedra HCL.

If you want to know the truth... I have seen lots, if not all, of the effects that the article above lists. Rather than go through them all again, I am just going to have to refer you back to it with my testimonial that it’s legit... Try it if you want.

Oh yeah, like the guy above said... the taste is not exactly er... "great" Rather than something I am REALLY fond of now, its just become something I am accustomed to. It’s the good stuff that it does for me that keeps me always going back for more.

I hope this helps....
    If you liked the article, or end up trying this stuff and like it, just throw some reps my way. I don’t know what they are good for, but hell.... they seem to be a hot commodity around here. Lol, later bros.

grizzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Am I the only one who thinks these guys are on the company payroll?

Smile

Ah yes, the illusive “mate company,” you have discovered “us.” IF you will bother reading all of this thread, you will notice that there is not one brand (of many) that I say people should buy, nor do I refer them to any specific source.
    I posted this thread for 3 reasons:
    1.) I wanted to know if anybody else in the bodybuilding.com community takes the stuff, as I have never personally seen anybody outside Argentina and Uruguay drink it.
    2.) Its something I like that I thought people would like to know about, as I have had great results from it.
    3.) I think most of the crap people sell, which proclaim the same effects as Mate, is snake oil crap, which costs 10 times what a bag of mate costs.

Bottom line, If you don't want to try it, don’t, but don't be so damn cynical. After all, we are all interested in the same hobby, and should want to help each other achieve our goals.

grizzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    didn't mean to cause any offence buddy. I'm sure you'll agree a bit of cynicism is good, there's sharks out there.

Originally Posted by grizzler
    didn't mean to cause any offence buddy. I'm sure you'll agree a bit of cynicism is good, there's sharks out there.
    I know where your coming from friend.... I am skeptical of nearly every post concerning supplements because there seem to be so many guys writing on behalf of companies. That is part of the reason I wanted to get this product out there for people to know about. There is so much snake oil garbage out there, and this produc it cheap and works great. I can appreciate where your coming from though... No harm done.

I'm on no payroll and I'm no guy

JingM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JingM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JingM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hrmmm, I heard about this stuff, but never really looked into it. Heard it was a stimulate like green tea, which I usually drink (Chinese). I'll be taking a closer look into it, maybe get me a pack. I love all teas, the stronger it is, the better .

delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CitadelArmyJAG
    Ah yes, the illusive “mate company,” you have discovered “us.” IF you will bother reading all of this thread, you will notice that there is not one brand (of many) that I say people should buy, nor do I refer them to any specific source.
    I posted this thread for 3 reasons:
    1.) I wanted to know if anybody else in the bodybuilding.com community takes the stuff, as I have never personally seen anybody outside Argentina and Uruguay drink it.
    2.) Its something I like that I thought people would like to know about, as I have had great results from it.
    3.) I think most of the crap people sell, which proclaim the same effects as Mate, is snake oil crap, which costs 10 times what a bag of mate costs.

Bottom line, If you don't want to try it, don’t, but don't be so damn cynical. After all, we are all interested in the same hobby, and should want to help each other achieve our goals.
    I'll try it mate. From what I've read it's an ancient herb used by many people from many counrties with great benefits like my favorite ancient herb cannabis. The way you drink it is also appealing to me, it's like hitting a bong hehe.
    Pyramid Paradigm?

http://www.jackherer.com/ Prove Jack Herer wrong and get $100,000.

Originally Posted by grizzler
    Am I the only one who thinks these guys are on the company payroll?
    For $4.00, I am going to give it a try. If it is any good I am sure the U.S. government will ban it and I won't be able to use it (legally).

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my 8 week cutting journal. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004

July 2007

Originally Posted by A.FreeRadical
    For $4.00, I am going to give it a try. If it is any good I am sure the U.S. government will ban it and I won't be able to use it (legally).

aA.FreeRadical a
    Cool man... Make sure not to forget about this thread after you start drinking your Mate... Do me a favor and come back and write about your thoughts about it after you start taking it. Did you get a bombilla (the straw) and the special cup (a mate)? Remember to put the straw in first, pour the leaves over it and then fill 3/4 of the cup. Bring water ALMOST to a boil, but not quite, and then pour it over the leaves. Let the leaves soak up the water for a minute, then fill it up again, then just start to drink. As it empties, add more water.... you can do that all day long. Enjoy

Originally Posted by CitadelArmyJAG
    Cool man... Make sure not to forget about this thread after you start drinking your Mate... Do me a favor and come back and write about your thoughts about it after you start taking it. Did you get a bombilla (the straw) and the special cup (a mate)? Remember to put the straw in first, pour the leaves over it and then fill 3/4 of the cup. Bring water ALMOST to a boil, but not quite, and then pour it over the leaves. Let the leaves soak up the water for a minute, then fill it up again, then just start to drink. As it empties, add more water.... you can do that all day long. Enjoy
    I bought a box of tea bags and a box of the loose leaves (for my coffee pot). (If I use this regularly, I might get the bombilla and the mate.) I have had 3 cups since yesterday. This brand (found at Vitamin Shoppe) has stevia leaf in it. I guess that is a natural sweetener. It tasted quite good. I still like my coffee in the morning and sometimes before I workout, but I can see drinking this at work through out the day. I don't feel any kind of caffeine buzz, in fact it is soothing, sort of like chamomile tea.

Can't say much more than that yet.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004

July 2007

Originally Posted by A.FreeRadical
    I bought a box of tea bags and a box of the loose leaves (for my coffee pot). (If I use this regularly, I might get the bombilla and the mate.) I have had 3 cups since yesterday. This brand (found at Vitamin Shoppe) has stevia leaf in it. I guess that is a natural sweetener. It tasted quite good. I still like my coffee in the morning and sometimes before I workout, but I can see drinking this at work through out the day. I don't feel any kind of caffeine buzz, in fact it is soothing, sort of like chamomile tea.

Can't say much more than that yet.

aA.FreeRadical a

Considering that I put around a cup of loose mate in a cup before adding water, I cant imagine that adding a tiny bag of mate to the water would do much. Try a bunch of it, or I dont think you will really have any benefits. My guess is, these teabags just have a little bit, with other additives like the stevia leaves, as they try to make the taste more attractive to nonsouthamerican tastebuds. To put it bluntly, if you think it tastes good... hahha, It probably isnt pure Mate or there just isnt enough. You need to get it strong enough until it is kind of bitter.

dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50) dyhp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Last edited by dyhp; 01-29-2005 at 02:40 PM.

Hey Guys,

To butt in once more, if you hapen to have a french coffee press it works great for making the mate also.