Closed Thread
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100
Results 2,971 to 2,986 of 2986
    CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ha -ya I heard him talking about Reiki the other day. That's some voodoo hoodoo stuff if you ask me. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day though. He's right on the yerba (in my opinion).
    The BIG Yerba Thread (Yes it's Amazing)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=536452133&postcount=2863

chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chippy7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stuff tastes good

Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think I have to bump this thread.
    "Exercises aren't bad, people are."
    -Elliott Hulse

djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is there a summary anywhere of general info like, dosage, brands, where to buy etc?

Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wikipedia is a good start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)

If you prepare it the proper way, it lasts a very long time. One bombilla of the stuff can last 10 refills (imagine making 10 cups of tea with one teabag). But you have to store it cold, or it'll taste off.

I buy mine at a mexican restaurant.
    "Exercises aren't bad, people are."
    -Elliott Hulse

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let's bump this thread again, I'm curious to see what people are taking in 2013, what the best sources of yerba mate are and what brands people have had the most success with.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    Let's bump this thread again, I'm curious to see what people are taking in 2013, what the best sources of yerba mate are and what brands people have had the most success with.
    I take Rosamonte

Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post

I use the leaves, as for brand - http://cdn.allshops.ro/files/clients...gr-1981089.jpg

Is it good? **** knows, could be **** for all I know, it's just the first one I've tried.

I agree with people saying it's soothing, I enjoy the taste, it is bitter but I like it a lot.

How much of this stuff are you supposed to drink in one go, or does it not matter? I'm filling my gourd with about 1/2 mate and using the flask of water, traditionally this is a social drink in South America and is passed around a group, so I don't know what I'm supposed to drink? Can easily drink 4/5 gourds full in one go, which is just under that flask amount. I don't wanna waste the leaves.
    Aston Villa Football Club.

wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) wittonlane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JordanCABJ View Post
    I'm Argentinian so yeah, I have it often.
    Can you give your opinion on this bro?

How much of this stuff are you supposed to drink in one go, or does it not matter? I'm filling my gourd with about 1/2 mate and using the flask of water, traditionally this is a social drink in South America and is passed around a group, so I don't know what I'm supposed to drink? Can easily drink 4/5 gourds full in one go, which is just under that flask amount. I don't wanna waste the leaves.
    If you're drinking it on your own how many times would you refill your gourd/how much would you drink?

WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm currently living in South America and people always sippin on this errday.
    Despite this, the majority of the population is obese.
    August-September Cut:
    Week 0: 208.2 Week 1: 207.2 Week 2: 204.4
    Week 3: Week 4: Week 5: Week 6:
    Week 7: Week 8: Week 9:

This drink is amazing, don't care about fat loss I just like the drink.

That Rosamonte stuff is fucking weak. Drinking it now.

Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rusnam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another bump, thought I'd give my first impressions on Mate after drinking it for about 5 days...
    Being a big fan of green tea and trying to cut down my energy drink/sugar consumption I thought this could be the answer (not too keen on coffee) -and I really liked the taste of Mate so that's a good start.

With regards to its effects, if I'm honest, so far I'm a little underwhelmed; from my research it appears the general consensus is that Mate has caffeine levels somewhere between coffee and tea (in other words, less caffeine than coffee but more than tea)
    I agree with the "less than coffee" part, but if I'm honest I don't really feel much of a buzz off Mate at all... I fill my mug (not gotten a proper gourd yet!) half full and have 5-10 cups a day but it doesn't really give me much of a boost... Either that or it's so minimal I don't really feel rejuvenated.

I suppose the real test will be when I wake up really early one morning or if I'm staying up late to study etc, I've not tried this yet.

I bought Cruz De Malta and Rosamonte, and although I have nothing to compare these to, they seem pretty good, pretty mainstream brands. I want to try an organic version next.

A few things on the cancer link, which is also the one real negative; I've done quite a bit of reading online but given how limited the info on Mate is (in English at least) there's not much available... As mentioned several times in the 100 or so pages of this thread, there are "studies" linking Mate to certain cancers, but from my understanding, most participants in the study also smoke and consume alcohol - I'm not Richard Dawkins but that seems a pretty awful test group when trying to determine whether Mate causes cancer.

There are some people who suggest the cancer link comes from levels of PAH's (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon) which arise as a result of the smoking process - the "tea" leaves are dried by heating them up with a direct flame traditionally, I believe the process is called barbacoa and this smoking process supposedly increases PAH levels which are linked with cancer.

This seems plausible, and although I can't comment on the validity of the info above (I'm just posting what I've read on the internet) for ease of mind I am considering buying an organic, unsmoked variety of mate from now on if I do decide to consume Mate regularly.

(I've not read all the pages of this thread so if I've just regurgitated what has already been said or if someone has some info in response to my comment, feel free to enlighten me )
    "Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."

imaunicorn1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imaunicorn1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking yep

Sipping on some mate right bow. Love it. Daw it on dr. Oz as a good fat burner its my secobd day using it. Felt amazing yesterday real boosted. It helps with lactic acid buildup so u can rep harder. I could tell a difference with my crunches. Usually can barely hit the 100 rep mark and hit it easy yesterday. Maybe I'm getting stronger. Placebo maybe. Either way mate is great. People are losing 12 lbs a month changing nothing but adding 3 cups a day

imaunicorn1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imaunicorn1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lol

iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by imaunicorn1 View Post
    Sipping on some mate right bow. Love it. Daw it on dr. Oz as a good fat burner its my secobd day using it. Felt amazing yesterday real boosted. It helps with lactic acid buildup so u can rep harder. I could tell a difference with my crunches. Usually can barely hit the 100 rep mark and hit it easy yesterday. Maybe I'm getting stronger. Placebo maybe. Either way mate is great. People are losing 12 lbs a month changing nothing but adding 3 cups a day
    but who was placebo effect?
    300 Forever