Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stances may change, but when you are actually swinging at the ball, your front leg should not be bent, and if it is very slightly. Otherwise, good luck keeping your weight back on a curveball. If you look at any pro in the middle of their swing, their back leg is the shape of an L, and the front is straight.
    But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies.

Cham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always liked conditioning my arm, not straining it by throwing a big, heavy ball. I could only throw 85 when I was in high school, but my best friend could throw in the 90's.

He never threw a weighted ball to make his arm stronger. Only long toss and arm exercises. And guess what? Now he plays Division 1 baseball.

Cham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Always make sure u stretch real well before and after throwing. Low cardio will also help speed up recovery...

elatham06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the key to hitting a curve ball is waiting. my back knee is bent slightly more than my front one though.... and watching the ball all the way.

pitchnplaya17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure you do jobe and forearm excercises to protect your arm. Strong legs are real important and stretch a lot to stay flexible. Make sure protect your arm, I play college and just had elbow surgery. Good luck.

123456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take a tennis ball and cut it.fill it w/ pennies and throw it 5 min a day.don't do it longer or it'll hurt your arm and don't throw it as hard as you can

Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000) Smitty285 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by 123456
    take a tennis ball and cut it.fill it w/ pennies and throw it 5 min a day.don't do it longer or it'll hurt your arm and don't throw it as hard as you can
    That's a good way to save money on a weighted ball.
    But a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies.

CBU93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For arm strength, as mentioned, long toss consistently thru the off season. Leg work is good for everything. As a center fielder, you need not have the strongest arm. Work on a quick release and accuracy. With your speed, being able to cut off the balls in the gaps off will help you more than a strong arm.

Hitting wise, anything that develops hand speed is good. The aluminum bat was the greatest advancement for amatuer baseball. You really don't have to be a strong ox to drive the ball, just make sure you are getting good pitches to hit.
    Southern born and Southern bred; when I die, I'll be Southern dead.

dodgerpitcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, a lot of different opinions here, let me add mine. Firstly, there are many many things that contribute to how hard someone will be able to throw. Much of it is genetics, some people will never throw 95 mph, no matter what, but there are many things that you can do to reach your best potential. Most importantly above all else is your mechanics. If you're an outfielder, watch how many hard throwing pitchers throw, notice how they stay back, keep their front shoulder closed, incorporate their legs etc. I really don't think throwing weighted baseballs is a good idea at all. I don't think you could find a single professional organization that does this, it is much too much stress on the exact muscles, ligaments and tendons you will use when you throw a baseball. After mechanics, longtoss is definetley next. Make sure you are doing it properly. Read this article http://www.jaegersportsacademy.com/training4.html
    Jobes are a necessity if you are serious about a baseball career, as they will play a huge part in preventing injury. Dumbells are better than theraband as they provide a steady resistance. I'm not sure where on the web shows these, but find them, do them, the forearm ones too. And yes, you need to lift. Definetely. If you're a hitter, I don't think I need to give an example because everybody lifts, if you're a pitcher, look at Clemens, Schilling, Martinez, they all lift, they all throw gas. Lifting after you throw will help tremendously with your recovery for your next outing. Yes, pitchers don't want to get too bulky or tight, but by not lifting you are hurting yourslef more than you could by getting in the weight room. If you have no muslce around your arm, it is then that the extra work is put on your rotator cuff, and that's when you get injuries, especially if you haven't been doing your jobes. And work your legs real hard, but while you do, spend more time making sure that you are using your legs in your delivery, or swing or whatever. Your legs are much much stronger than your arm is, and is really where your power will come from. Watch Clemens pitch, watch Nolan Ryan, watch Sandy Koufax, they all threw with their legs and because they had stong mid-sections, they could transfer their power to their arm. Throw with your body, and use your arm as a whip, don't thorw with your arm, it is not near as strong as the rest of your body. Actually doing this in your delivery is no easy task at all. Get a pitching coach who can really help you with your mechanics. And don't let anyone tell you to not lift at all.

waterbuckat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by dodgerpitcher
    Hey guys, a lot of different opinions here, let me add mine. Firstly, there are many many things that contribute to how hard someone will be able to throw. Much of it is genetics, some people will never throw 95 mph, no matter what, but there are many things that you can do to reach your best potential. Most importantly above all else is your mechanics. If you're an outfielder, watch how many hard throwing pitchers throw, notice how they stay back, keep their front shoulder closed, incorporate their legs etc. I really don't think throwing weighted baseballs is a good idea at all. I don't think you could find a single professional organization that does this, it is much too much stress on the exact muscles, ligaments and tendons you will use when you throw a baseball. After mechanics, longtoss is definetley next. Make sure you are doing it properly. Read this article http://www.jaegersportsacademy.com/training4.html
    Jobes are a necessity if you are serious about a baseball career, as they will play a huge part in preventing injury. Dumbells are better than theraband as they provide a steady resistance. I'm not sure where on the web shows these, but find them, do them, the forearm ones too. And yes, you need to lift. Definetely. If you're a hitter, I don't think I need to give an example because everybody lifts, if you're a pitcher, look at Clemens, Schilling, Martinez, they all lift, they all throw gas. Lifting after you throw will help tremendously with your recovery for your next outing. Yes, pitchers don't want to get too bulky or tight, but by not lifting you are hurting yourslef more than you could by getting in the weight room. If you have no muslce around your arm, it is then that the extra work is put on your rotator cuff, and that's when you get injuries, especially if you haven't been doing your jobes. And work your legs real hard, but while you do, spend more time making sure that you are using your legs in your delivery, or swing or whatever. Your legs are much much stronger than your arm is, and is really where your power will come from. Watch Clemens pitch, watch Nolan Ryan, watch Sandy Koufax, they all threw with their legs and because they had stong mid-sections, they could transfer their power to their arm. Throw with your body, and use your arm as a whip, don't thorw with your arm, it is not near as strong as the rest of your body. Actually doing this in your delivery is no easy task at all. Get a pitching coach who can really help you with your mechanics. And don't let anyone tell you to not lift at all.
    What are jobes?
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

[url=http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=283489&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1]My Journal[/url]

God Bless!

dodgerpitcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jobes are exercises done to strengthen the rotator cuff. They were invented by Dr. Frank Jobe, orthopeadic surgeon of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, and whatver the WNBA team there is called. They are performed using very light dumbells, usually 3-5 pounds and are very specific about hand positioning and making sure that you are using the smaller muscles to move the weight rather than the larger ones, so get someone to show you how to do them properly. I couldn't imagine not doing these exercises regularly if you really want to have a career in baseball.

TPete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    texas baseball ranch. check it out. they sold there workout to quite a few mlb teams.. "the athletic pitcher" the "combat pitcher"

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    You do know this thread was 7.5 years old right?
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdawg95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Baseball

Throwing is mostly dependent on your wrist, shoulder and legs. And if your fast you should have strong legs, so put your legs behind your throw (a.k.a. Crow Hop) and make sure you bring it over the top. Form will increase strength, accuracy and speed. So training your legs forearms and back should be priority for baseball players.

EastCannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by elatham06 View Post
    actually, everyone bats in their own way. personally, i bend both of my knees.
    yes i agree. when i bat from left or right side i have my back knee slightly bent and my front leg out so i have a open stance then when the pitcher starts the delivery i close the stance and bend both knees a bit more

noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Before you begin anything. Work on your mechanics. I know you are not a pitcher. But you need to maximize your arm. Also a quick release wont hurt.
    " GOALS ARE ONLY A LIMIT OF WHAT YOU CAN EXCEED"

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FYI .... this thread is from 2002. Way to bump a fossil thread.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    long toss
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

Soncrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soncrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soncrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soncrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soncrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Soncrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I play center field for my high school as well man and i got my arm stronger by throwing alot, just like yellowjacket said but i also worked out my shoulder muscles alot and that helped alittle as well. and for this specific post, there is work outs you can do with medicine balls to get your arm stronger. but you can get a weighted baseball at like dick's or any other sporting goods place

keyb0ard br0ke srry <3 snoeflake's Avatar
    snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snoeflake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dld yu du gud
    excuse my 1337ness but keyb0ard ls messed up

no fapping since 12/16/12

mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Long toss bro

mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mechbest44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Best way to get faster is to run , best way to get a better vert is to jump, best way to increase arm strength is to throw. Look at Alan jaeger's videos on YouTube . I did, and still am on the same basic program. Worked out well for me

ADingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a 16 year old pitcher sitting in the mid 80's. For me the biggest things that help me besides leg work and keeping good mechanics is doing a lot of bands and stretching. I do the thrive on throwing program. You can get it on the jaegersports website for $30 plus another $40 for the bands or something like that. Just follow that program and do a lot of rotational core work. Weighted balls are also incredibly beneficial as mentioned before. Hope this helps! Good luck!

jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ADingle View Post
    I'm a 16 year old pitcher sitting in the mid 80's. For me the biggest things that help me besides leg work and keeping good mechanics is doing a lot of bands and stretching. I do the thrive on throwing program. You can get it on the jaegersports website for $30 plus another $40 for the bands or something like that. Just follow that program and do a lot of rotational core work. Weighted balls are also incredibly beneficial as mentioned before. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    good avice bro.. but this wsa posted 11 years ago... im sure he has either made it or flaked it by now.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    spambot