glaxman009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

are there ways to increase testosterone production

i heard that doing leg workouts helps increase testosterone production. I was just wondering if that was true and if there are other ways to do so

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by glaxman009
    i heard that doing leg workouts helps increase testosterone production. I was just wondering if that was true and if there are other ways to do so
    Lots of things can impact test levels. Resistance training, in general, does it. Many will tell you that heavy squats will do it more than other exercises, but it's really just that the muscles worked by squats are so large, relative to other groups, that it generates more of a response. Test and/or GH.

Any heavy movement with major muscle groups will be higher on the list.

Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jellotree has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    big lifts like squats and deadlifts are suppose to up the testosterone. I guess diet plays a big role. There's a supplement I've heard of that's said to up your natural production. It's not a pro-hormone, but I can't remember the name of it.

Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whole-body or compound exercises done with a relatively heavy load range that allows for only about 5 reps per set for three sets with about 3 minutes of rest have been found in studies to produce a significant acute release of testosterone.

Some compound exercises used in studies:

Squats
    Dead-lifts
    Bench Presses
    Pull-ups
    Cleans
    Power Cleans
    Clean Pulls

(Pumping & Humping) Body_Builder's Avatar
    Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jellotree
    big lifts like squats and deadlifts are suppose to up the testosterone. I guess diet plays a big role. There's a supplement I've heard of that's said to up your natural production. It's not a pro-hormone, but I can't remember the name of it.
    6-oxo?

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Body_Builder
    6-oxo?
    That would just adjust your test/est balance, potentially upping the test:est ratio. Not really a test boost at all, though some are using it as a non-PH test booster, I know.

You probably already know this.

(Pumping & Humping) Body_Builder's Avatar
    Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Body_Builder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey zach, I have not seen you post on the forums for a while.fyi my old sn was body_builder88

Originally Posted by Body_Builder
    Hey zach, I have not seen you post on the forums for a while.fyi my old sn was body_builder88
    Actually, I assumed you were the same guy. Something about the way you write reminded me of those PMs I used to see.

I was moving, and changing jobs, and haven't been on much. But I still read posts pretty often. Posting more in the last week.

drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nothing does it like Deadlifts, but all compound movements will do it. The other thing is to not overtrain, do light cardio, and sleep plenty and take some ZMA. Also nothing makes me feel more test'd up then protien shakes.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sleep (serioulsy)
    <->

gojuzen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    sleep (serioulsy)
    25yrs old
    6'2"
    275 - bench max
    350- squat max
    15%

what works for me.
    well about a year ago I was about 270 lbs, about 30% bodyfat.
    used to do amateur full contact and broke some ribs(which stupidly I stopped working out altogether)

I wanted to gain muscle and lose fat.
    I started eating a ton of lean beef and salmon(any fish will do).
    And chicken on off days.
    A lot of water. Nonfat milk. Potatoes, beans, carrots and spinach are my main veggie staples. Oatmeal, brown rice, and whole grain bread for carbs.
    I did a full body lifting routine five days a week.
    Bench, standing rows, deep knee squats, calf raises, decline bench barbell
    situps and the 'awesome' clean and press.
    I started with a weight that allowed me ten reps of each.
    And when I got to 15 reps I added weight.
    All free weights, no support stacks, back braces or anything.
    (not really a bodybuilder just going for gradual strength gains, plus I got my routine looking at Dinosaur weight lifting site)
    Took Nature made's Balance Multi-Vitamin supplement. Slept a full 8 or 9 hours, when I could.

Cut all the weight, and the bodyfat.
    Now I dont recommend my routine for you bodybuilders trying to get big;
    but I have no problem getting erections. I can look at a fairly attractive woman(other than my g/f) and it pops up. And my sex drive is raging.
    I figure thats enough proof my testosterone levels are ok.

I tried one supplement about a month ago(one month cycle). Which in some places I read didnt work. It was ASN's test-rx.
    My aggression, energy, sex drive, and concentration increased.
    But my fingernails and hair(which usually grow fast) slowed down considerably.
    I got off it though.

Protein increase in your diet and sleep does wonders. Plus the water blows any toxins out of your system.
    Despite what 'experts' claim, lean meat is VERY GOOD for men.
    Because in ancient times we used to be hunters and meat was probably about 60-90% of our diet.
    But to gain mass complex carb uptake is good.
    Last edited by gojuzen; 01-25-2005 at 06:22 AM.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    I read a couple of things in articles that are supposed to help test levels...
    When I had my testicular cancer scare, they said my test levels were above the norm for a male my age. (Don't ask me what the numbers were I was too busy freaking out over the thought of losing my nuts! Luckily, in the end everything turned out for the best! )

Keep in mind all these things are debateable

A: Working the lower extremities, and larger muscles. (Deads and Squats.)
    B: Eating more nuts, such as Peanuts and Almonds.
    C: Eating a moderate amount of Soy Protein.
    D: Getting 8-10 quality hours of sleep.
    E: Developing stress management techniques... Like Meditation.
    F: Masturbation of 3-5 times per week.

The reasonings behind them...
    A: By working the larger muscles, you gain higher muscularity, and in general in an average healthy person, muscle mass and test levels are relative to each other.

B: The mono-saturated fats in nuts, are good primers for making test.

C: While they say that Soy Protein is "Supposedly" Estrogenic, there was a giant hunk of "Scientific Jargon" about your body creating a hormone balance with test, so long as it was moderate amounts of soy. (I have to use soy, as my guts don't like whey.)

D: It's during sleep that your brain produces the most hormones, and sets up the mechanisms of the body to grow.

E: High stress levels = Heightened Cortisol levels... Cortisol and Test, are like Fire and water.

F: They said that 3-5 Masturbation sessions per week is the way to go... Not because the act of ejaculation causes a loss of test, but that too many masturbation sessions in a week will affect neuro-transmitter levels in the brain... Which will in turn affect the brain sending the right volume of signals to make high test production...
    But at the same time they also said that Sex is fine, due to the different soup of endorphines from sex, that you can't get from masturbation.

Those are just tid-bits I've pulled out of articles over the years, that at the same time are habits of mine anyway... So I'm not writing these in stone etc... Just what I read from other's who were gettin' their "Science-On."
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, there are other psychological ways.

It has been shown that when a male talks wiith a hot giirl testosterone naturally rises. A good way to get the best of this is to use vivid imagination and pretend loads of hot giirls are watching you. Am not joking.

furthermore, loads of people work themselves up before big lifts as this helps stimulate testosterone production as a result of the fight/flight response. Along with other neurotransmitters such as epinephrine/norepinephrine this will give u accelerated energy and strength. Its a survival instinct that evolved to aid us in times of danger and make us stronger/run faster etc. We can take advantage of it for big lifts.

another way is to vividly imagine ur gf cheating with another man and enjoying it. Studies have showed using measurements of endorcinological and neurotransmitter metabolites that doing do even in a pretend manner raises testosterone and other fight/flight response chemicals. It will help motivate a heavy lift for a short period of time

Endorphins are also good and studies with naloxone - an opiod antagonist, show that it limits the pleasure of music. Thus suggesting the endorphin system has a role in the pleasure of music. So listen to loud music too. this will help motivate.

hope this help motivate.

Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buzzkill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by drugzkill
    Nothing does it like Deadlifts, but all compound movements will do it. The other thing is to not overtrain, do light cardio, and sleep plenty and take some ZMA. Also nothing makes me feel more test'd up then protien shakes.
    I agree with most of your comment, but will you elaborate on how light cardio can stimulate testosterone release?

Thanks.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think moderate amount of soy would be better said as minimum amount of soy. To much soy can possible increase estrogen.
    Other common stuff:
    Brocolli
    Zinc
    Arginine
    Don't whack off too much
    Light ballsack massage (T comes for testes, so keep em healthy)

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    oops, forgot:

Fat intake no less than 15% of calories, no more than 30%.
    Too much cardio. If you run for over an hour regularly, for example.

Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa
    I read a couple of things in articles that are supposed to help test levels...
    F: They said that 3-5 Masturbation sessions per week is the way to go... Not because the act of ejaculation causes a loss of test, but that too many masturbation sessions in a week will affect neuro-transmitter levels in the brain... Which will in turn affect the brain sending the right volume of signals to make high test production...
    But at the same time they also said that Sex is fine, due to the different soup of endorphines from sex, that you can't get from masturbation.
    Nainoa,
    I think you just alienated yourself from A LOT of teenagers with point F.
    **** when I was a teenager, that 3-5 could have been daily. O.K. TOO PERSONAL! Hell, my girlfriend was easily in that number daily(f'in whore!)

In all honesty, that does have something to do with it. I notice my entire drive, excitement factor, energy level, and even my dreams are more vivid and intense when obstaining to that number.

*** On a VERY sidenote(V E R Y)Eva Langoria(Desperate Housewives) is in my wife's Self mag. this month talking all about her joys with self-pleasure. OW_WOW_WOW!!!!

Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

Originally Posted by Buzzkill
    Whole-body or compound exercises done with a relatively heavy load range that allows for only about 5 reps per set for three sets with about 3 minutes of rest have been found in studies to produce a significant acute release of testosterone.

Some compound exercises used in studies:

Squats
    Dead-lifts
    Bench Presses
    Pull-ups
    Cleans
    Power Cleans
    Clean Pulls
    Where did you read this? Do you have a link or something?

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good posting guys
    Sleep
    big lifts
    ZMA

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Eric_FXST
    Nainoa,
    I think you just alienated yourself from A LOT of teenagers with point F.
    **** when I was a teenager, that 3-5 could have been daily. O.K. TOO PERSONAL! Hell, my girlfriend was easily in that number daily(f'in whore!)

In all honesty, that does have something to do with it. I notice my entire drive, excitement factor, energy level, and even my dreams are more vivid and intense when obstaining to that number.

*** On a VERY sidenote(V E R Y)Eva Langoria(Desperate Housewives) is in my wife's Self mag. this month talking all about her joys with self-pleasure. OW_WOW_WOW!!!!

I'm in a bit of a cold streak these days, might have to check that mag out!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha