muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50) muscleandgains will become famous soon enough. (+50)

how bad is sushi for you?

my diet is really clean but one a week i go crazy with some sushi, i just am curious as to how bad it is ??

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by muscleandgains View Post
    my diet is really clean but one a week i go crazy with some sushi, i just am curious as to how bad it is ??
    Not that bad at all, the fish is great, the really only down side IMO is the white rice. If you can get it in brown rice go that route.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just be careful with the deep fried Tempura batters and mayo in some rolls. Otherwise enjoy.
    The only limits you have are the ones you set

gangster280 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    actually, sushi is very good for you except for the white rice. But most meat in sushi is either raw or smoked, so all the nutrients are still in tact!

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    watch it with the crazy rolls as one said...often tempura/mayo/other sauces. you could get rice paper rolls instead, or just eat sashimi.
    @__@

RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    STOP with all the white rice-bashing! Yes, brown rice has more nutritive value, but white rice is only "bad" for you if eaten in the absence of a protein, like fish, for instance. Once a protein (or a healthy fat) is added to the mix, the GI goes out the window. You know, there was a time when bbers didn't have the GI of every food at their fingertips, and, for that matter, didn't even know what GI was, and still made great gains. If some people worried less about GI and more about training BEYOND failure, there'd be a lot more bbers on bb.com and less people struggling to get big.

If you like sushi, eat it once in a while (except the tempura, only in a great while). I say "eat it once in a while" b/c there just isn't enough protein in it. And if you like white rice, like I do, EAT IT (along with a big hunk of dead animal).

princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) princessk64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RADIRON View Post
    STOP with all the white rice-bashing! Yes, brown rice has more nutritive value, but white rice is only "bad" for you if eaten in the absence of a protein, like fish, for instance. Once a protein (or a healthy fat) is added to the mix, the GI goes out the window. You know, there was a time when bbers didn't have the GI of every food at their fingertips, and, for that matter, didn't even know what GI was, and still made great gains. If some people worried less about GI and more about training BEYOND failure, there'd be a lot more bbers on bb.com and less people struggling to get big.

If you like sushi, eat it once in a while (except the tempura, only in a great while). I say "eat it once in a while" b/c there just isn't enough protein in it. And if you like white rice, like I do, EAT IT (along with a big hunk of dead animal).
    RADIRON,

Why do you say not enough protein? 1 ounce tuna sashimi provides 7grams protein. This would be comparable to chicken breast @ 8 grams per ounces wouldn't you say?

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by princessk64 View Post
    RADIRON,

Why do you say not enough protein? 1 ounce tuna sashimi provides 7grams protein. This would be comparable to chicken breast @ 8 grams per ounces wouldn't you say?
    Do you eat as many oz of sashimi as chicken breast?

Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    Do you eat as many oz of sashimi as chicken breast?

Yup as it fits into macros

RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    RADIRON,

Don't get me wrong, I love sushi, but I need like a few dozen pieces to fill me up and I don't necessarily want the carbs all the time. I would tend to eat sushi at night, and, by nightfall, I like to have all, or most of my carbs consumed, aside from veg. Therefore, I don't consider sushi to be a very good bang for your buck as a protein. For taste, however, YUM.

Unhappy

Don't get me wrong, I love sushi, but I need like a few dozen pieces to fill me up and I don't necessarily want the carbs all the time. I would tend to eat sushi at night, and, by nightfall, I like to have all, or most of my carbs consumed, aside from veg. Therefore, I don't consider sushi to be a very good bang for your buck as a protein. For taste, however, YUM.
    I feel exactly the same. When I do have it for dinner I do only sashimi (tuna and salmon) and have learned to ask for a large green salad as I find most Japanese restaurants won't do a steamed veggie plate

ALSO I live in Vancouver where we have more sushi restautants than Starbucks and Mickydees combined so cannot stop !!!

ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10) ceosion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yea, my concern is how many carbs you scarf down when you're plowing through sushi rolls... I know, myself, I can handle about 5 or 6 rolls (and these are fairly large rolls, too) and that is a LOT of rice.

But just look at the asian countries... rice is a staple... they have a much lower obiesity rate than we do... so I wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as you're doing well with your exercise routine. And if you can, I'd do the sushi as early in the day as possible... dinner time is not the best, unless you can do something about the carbs right after.

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    thats why you go for sashimi. nothin but meat. friggin delicious
    Rep Back 1k+ ....just sayin

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

Smile

Originally Posted by kamjah View Post
    thats why you go for sashimi. nothin but meat. friggin delicious
    ALL YOU CAN EAT sushi nights are big here. Alot of places put limits on how many orders of sashimi you can have though. One time I was at an AYCE restaurant and about 4 huge men, all bodybuilders came in and the look on the staff's faces was priceless!!!

kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000) kamjah is just really nice. (+1000)
    ALL YOU CAN EAT sushi nights are big here. Alot of places put limits on how many orders of sashimi you can have though. One time I was at AYCE and about 4 huge men, all bodybuilders came in and the look on the staff's faces was priceless!!!
    heres a trick i use when i wanna get more bang for my buck at a sushi buffet. get the regular sushi, and take off some or all of the rice and hide it in your napkin on in between dirty plates. Those little balls of rice under sushi are packed very tight by the chefs so its a lot more rice than you think. Meaning your gunna get full super fast if you eat the whole amount. (thats how they make more money off less fish)
    Rep Back 1k+ ....just sayin

"When we're in the gym, we're in this indescribable euphoria zone. It's a feeling of being on, of being completely alive and aware. If you haven't been there, then it's like trying to describe color to a person who's been blind since birth. Within this haze of pleasure and pain, there's knowledge and power, self-discipline and self-reliance."

heres a trick i use when i wanna get more bang for my buck at a sushi buffet. get the regular sushi, and take off some or all of the rice and hide it in your napkin on in between dirty plates. Those little balls of rice under sushi are packed very tight by the chefs so its a lot more rice than you think. Meaning your gunna get full super fast if you eat the whole amount. (thats how they make more money off less fish)
    Ooh good idea, cause they get pissed if you order the nigiri and leave the rice. I had one waitress tell me I could not order more until I ate EVERYTHING on my plate.

YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always get Chirashi (sashimi bowl) when I go japanese. You get more fish and don't have to eat all the rice
    Attached Images

scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) scoch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey man thats exactly what i do, i also hide the rice under other foods (eg clam shells, crab legs, etc)

All you can eat seafood buffet ftw

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    None of it is THAT bad for you, just watch the rolls with mayo and fried stuff. The rainbow roll is my favorite and has lots of protein. I usually order a rainbow roll and an either an order of sashimi, squid salad, baby octopus, or something along those lines.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sushi is a perfect post workout meal. Sushi not rolls. Not tempura. Simply fish on white rice. The white rice metabolizes quickly, your insulin levels rise and your muscles get the benifit of the fish protein and fats. I'm a big fan. I'm in So. Cal. and there are more sushi houses then McDonalds. A little tip for getting service up and beyond the norn. Buy the chefs a beer or two. You'd be surprised how they reciprocate.

GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im not too big of a fan of sashimi but the rolls are unreal. idk its something about seaweed, fish, and rice together with soy sauce that is just awesome. I usually eat like 8-10 rolls when i go to all you can eat places though =(
    "Fear was what stood between a man and an extraordinary life, and the surest way through it was to stare it down over and over until that gaze became habit." - the Pat Tillman Story