Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: triceps

big dub diesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post triceps

Ive done presses and pulldowns and everything to make my triceps grow for years now. Need to really shock them into growth, anyone got any ideas or kick ass routines?

Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neo_Anthony will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bench dips.. skull crushers and close grip bench will do great..

daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's okay AJ I've got this one:

time + food + heavy pressing = big triceps

"We know Burns has the trillion dollar bill somewhere in his house, but all we've been able to ascertain from satellite photos is that it's not on the roof".

www.daninthemix.com

Believe to achieve IronBender800's Avatar
    IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yup good exercises are

floor presses , jm presses, extensions behind head, cg bench, etc.

biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) biggash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

try switching up you reps and sets. Skull crushers supersetted with dips is pretty painful.

bobbymorales69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by big dub diesel
    Ive done presses and pulldowns and everything to make my triceps grow for years now. Need to really shock them into growth, anyone got any ideas or kick ass routines?
    Try working them once a week. And when you work them, switch up the kinds of excercises you do from week to week. Dips and closegrip bench presses are the best in my opinion. Last of all, work until complete failure. If your tris aren't sore for a couple of days after you work out then you havent worked them hard enough. After I finish a tricep workout I just want to collapse.
    deport me back to mexico

This is Absolution! AmateurWrestler's Avatar
    AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000) AmateurWrestler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Close grip floor presses, dips, and skullcrushers have been awesome to me. Do the dips without leaning forward, it puts almost all the emphasis on triceps.
    "Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom."

- Viktor Frankl, Austrian Psychiatrist and survivor of a Nazi concentration camp

"Nothing can resist the human will that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."

- Benjamin Disraeli

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    close-grip / revesre-grip close-grip / floor / seated half pressing
    dips
    db/bb extensions (skullcrushres suck, extensions good)
    <->

AnewME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnewME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnewME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heavy close grip bench
    Pushdowns
    Skulls
    HammerBacks
    Dips
    These will explode the tris.

AnewME

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't wait to try the lateral head press.

What's a hammer back, like a kickback?

AnewME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnewME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnewME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GGHT
    Can't wait to try the lateral head press.

What's a hammer back, like a kickback?
    Correct. Very simular. The difference is where the end contraction is.

With Hammerbacks the palms will stay in, facing the body. And the pinky toward the ceiling.
    Kickbacks end with the palms toward the ceiling and pinky out.

Think in terms of Bicep Curls and Hammer Curls. I often superset when doing arms.
    Bicep Curls and Kickbacks
    Hammerbacks and Hammer Curls

AnewME

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Thanks, although I had no idea conv. kickbacks ended with palms to the ceiling lol i've always done them as "hammerbacks" without even realising if that's the case!

Thanks, although I had no idea conv. kickbacks ended with palms to the ceiling lol i've always done them as "hammerbacks" without even realising if that's the case!
    Very funny LOL
    Many have their own names for exercises. Try both, you'll find the difference.

AnewME

Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark Prowler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Close-hammer-grip bench pressing with a triceps bar has always worked best for my triceps.

DP.

JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the only three tricep exercises i use are db skulls/smith CGBP/smith reverse bench and my arms are growing like crazy!
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

"If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got".

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JnJ23
    the only three tricep exercises i use are db skulls/smith CGBP/smith reverse bench and my arms are growing like crazy!
    KISS - keep it sweet and simple
    <->

JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    KISS - keep it sweet and simple
    POST WHORE!!!!
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

"If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got".

POST WHORE!!!!
    rep me
    <->

Cool

Originally Posted by $AJ
    rep me
    ok
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

reverse grip pushdowns usually finish my tri workouts, they kill em.

ok
    yaaaay
    <->

ogre2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up bigtriceps

dips, pushups with hands touching, narrow grip bench presses, skullcrushers, do them until you can't move your arms and then take a break for a day or two, during your break drink lots of water and raise your protein intake. hopefully a workout like that will do the trick

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

reverse grip pushdowns usually finish my tri workouts, they kill em.

unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) unclejeff is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs down

i dislike reverse grip bench....

Originally Posted by unclejeff
    And me.

Originally Posted by unclejeff
    why.
    <->

Originally Posted by $AJ
    why.
    Left wrist plays up.

Left wrist plays up.

you're probably letting it bend too much (i know i did initially ) :O
    <->

Originally Posted by daninthemix
    It's okay AJ I've got this one:

time + food + heavy pressing = big triceps

simple is always best
    <->

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by $AJ
    you're probably letting it bend too much (i know i did initially ) :O
    Really? Hmmm I get the same kind of thing with JM presses, but i've literally just started doing them. I thought it was down to flexibility.