Im just a bedroom gangsta orzonus's Avatar
    orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Size Difference in arms size

Whats the size difference in your right arm and your left arm? Mine is 1/2 an inch. Is that too much of a difference?

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nah i wudnt worry about that my right arm is 15' 6/8ths and my left is 16' 2/8ths !!!!!!!

WrwickLB28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is a good ratio between upper arm measurments and your forearm measurements.....like should their be a 2 inch dif or 1 inch or more or less?
    2002 Warwick Football

greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my right arm is 1 inch bigger than my left. And my arm is 15in and my forearm is 12.25

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    before my left was 1'' smaller than my right. Now they're almost even, at most a difference of 1/4''
    Booo

orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50) orzonus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    before my left was 1'' smaller than my right. Now they're almost even, at most a difference of 1/4''
    How'd you make them more even amusclehead?

amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by orzonus

How'd you make them more even amusclehead?

Not really certain myself, but i think it was just time... over time they evened out. I know some people advocate doing like 2more sets with the smaller arm, but that BS. I didn't do any direct work to work my left, and over time it just evened out. Best advice I can give is to ignore it and just focus and lift as heavy as possible.

At one point I singled it out by lifting heavier with the right than left(with dbs)....big mistake. I made better gains forgetting about it and letting it catch up on its own that I did forcing it to grow up
    Booo

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I suspect that one of reasons that so many people feel they have smaller left biceps than right biceps is because they have a weaker mind-muscle connection. When you flex your left arm to do you get the same feeling as you do as when you flex your right arm? If not, try focusing on flexing your weaker side every now and then and see if it helps.
    Also, dumbells help.

Originally posted by EAE
    I suspect that one of reasons that so many people feel they have smaller left biceps than right biceps is because they have a weaker mind-muscle connection. When you flex your left arm to do you get the same feeling as you do as when you flex your right arm? If not, try focusing on flexing your weaker side every now and then and see if it helps.
    Also, dumbells help.
    erm, or maybe it's because most people are rigt handed so they use it all the time so it's naturally a tad bigger and stronger
    Booo

scooterman41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1 1/4

used to be 1 1/4, now its about 1 in.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My left upper arm is 14.25 inches
    My left forearm is 12.25 inches

My right upper arm is 14.5 inches
    My right forearm is 12.5 inches

I think my forearms could get a bit bigger though.

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by amusclehead

erm, or maybe it's because most people are rigt handed so they use it all the time so it's naturally a tad bigger and stronger
    I doubt that throwing a baseball or writing can really make a difference as far as size goes. What strenuous activities do you do with your right hand that you don't do with your left just as often? I don't think the large size difference most people have (.5" to 1") would really be the result of little more work. If that were true my right forearm would be huge.

Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000)
    my arms are exactly the same size, but they are shaped differently and it makes my right look bigger than left
    Mod at universal-muscle.com

26 July 2001:
    Height - 6'1"
    Weight - 135 pounds
    Bodyfat - 6%

26 July 2005:
    Height - 6'1"
    Weight - 207 pounds
    Bodyfat - 8-9%

Originally posted by EAE

If that were true my right forearm would be huge.
    LOL Hahhaha

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Left Bicep - 15'
    Right Bicep - 15'2

Both of my forearms are 14'

musclekid2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclekid2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by EAE

I doubt that throwing a baseball or writing can really make a difference as far as size goes. What strenuous activities do you do with your right hand that you don't do with your left just as often? I don't think the large size difference most people have (.5" to 1") would really be the result of little more work. If that were true my right forearm would be huge.
    it depends maye when you were younger u used your stong arm for everything and your left arm for nothing....my right arm is bigger then my left arm i think because when i was little i was obsessed with hulk hogan and when i was about six years old for christmas i got this hulk hogan set...it came with 2 3 lb dbls and a workout cassette..i used to always just used the dbls with my right arm never my left because my right arm was my strong arm...so now since im serious about lifting my right arm looks a lot bigger then my left arm when i flex....but when im just standing there they look even...so i dunno maybe im not flexing my left arm right...but the dbl thing is defiantely why my right arm is bigger then my left

Ahnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyday things like writing and what not make only the most insignificant amount of difference. When you lift, your dominant arm probably gets a better range of motion than your non-dominant and you probably tend to flex it more when you fully contract it for a curl or whatever excercise.

I suggest concentrating exclusivly on doing the excercise perfectlly with your non-dominant hand and just let your dominant one do as it pleases durning the excercise. The nerve paths are more well worn from your brain to the dominant arm anyway so therefore you really don't have to think that hard to preform a perfect curl with your dominant as you would yor non-dominant. Also make sure that after you completed the set, flex your arms hard to get the maximum amount of blood to flow to the capalaries(the things that hold blood). This will make them stretch and eventually stay stretched making your arm get bigger. Make sure you dont flex any other muscle when flexing the one you want. This takes away from the effect.(Durning competition though, this is ok, just not when you are training a specific bodypart and want to ensure it's maximum potential.)

My expierece shows this to be correct. My left arm(non-dominant) was noticably smaller and less peaked than my right(dominant). So when doing preacher curls and concentration curls, I really tried very hard making sure my left arm did everything it was supposed to over the course of the sets. At the end of each set, I flexed both hard and made sure I was doing so at the same intesity for both arms. Over time, both arms evened out and my left has just as good a peak as my right. Maybe even better.
    Last edited by Ahnold; 06-24-2002 at 08:36 AM.
    New and improved, with less of an opinion before.